QTDDTOT: 5% edition

I'll start by asking if you think my current plan is a good idea:
I've been doing 5x5 for half a year now, I'm at .5/1/1.5/2 pl8ing, so halfway to 1/2/3/4. I have about 20%bf.

I want to
-Cut for the summer
-Employ hypertrophy to increase my size

My plan is to maintain my current PRs, but instead of 5x5, I want to get them to 3x10.
After compounds, I will do Flys for chest, and ab crunches - both 3x10. I will go to the gym every 2 days, like I have been for the past 5 months. I will take creatine, protein, zinc, niacin and fish oil supplements as I have been, but will eat at a caloric deficit instead of over-eating.

Is this a good idea? Will things work out in my favour?

I went really hard at the gym today and cant flex my right bicep. I cant really feel it... did I break my muscles, Veeky Forums?

Sounds good. Work in some low reps occasionally, like 4-6 weeks of 3x10s then 2 weeks of 3x5s and a week of 3x3s then test 1RMs, rinse, repeat.
Always cut to abs, bulk til they go away, rinse, repeat

ibuprofen and rest, see a doc if no improvement

thats actually a really handy waypoint for bulking/cutting. I'll live by this from now on. Cheers.

> Is pic related enough for aesthetics gains?

I'm really enjoying the program bc my ohp is finally progressing and the routine fits my schedule, but I'm afraid I'll look dyel forever on this...

that'll do fine seen you ask about it several times, just do it for a solid 3 months or through a couple of bulk/cut cycles and see how it works
natty muscle gains are slow so it takes time to evaluate but if you're getting stronger in a rep range then you're gaining muscle
beats the shit out of guessing bf% or posting pics on the net
the mirror will tell you what's up
btw lose 1-2lbs a week, gain

I'm currently cutting and lost about 10 pounds in the last month. I've been told I'll start failing lifts and not being able to raise weight but I've kept setting new PRS. How long into a cut until you start failing? 1000 deficit btw

Im staying in a camp for work. Due to fucked up reasons all I have for exercising is a pair of 20lb and 35lb dumbbells.

What are the best exercises I can use them for, especially to work the chest? I dont have access to a bench or anything. Just a floor and the dumbbells.

it's really individual, nobody knows
usually it comes right back after a couple of days of normal diet
10lbs a month is fast, are you a real fatty? that might be why you're holding up well
if you care about holding strength DURING the cut, when you get falling performance, up your total cals by 10% and give it a week, if that doesn't work, another 10%, etc, so long as you're still losing 1-2lbs a week

for chest with dumbbells, floor press and flies
also db clean, db snatch, db ohp, db lunges, single-leg dls holding dbs, weighted situps, db reverse flies, tranny rows aka kroc rows (pic related), db french press, db triceps kickbacks, faggot bends aka curls, uh ...
also you can do plyo pushups and single-leg pushups (google it, army calisthenics) and pushups with elevated feet

I'm only 180 pounds hoping to get to 10% bf in the next few months. Even with a 1000 calorie deficit I'm still eating 2500 calories a day, sometimes 3000.

How tall are you nigga

Is there a possibility that the dude on the left is natty?

Here's a torso shot to show how lean he is.

Yes, but he's been training for years

1) What happened to /owg/? I had a question (about whether to lift 3 times a week vs 6, vs 6 days a week but 9 lifting sessions total (AM and PM on M/W/F).

2) What are the hard facts/evidence backing hypertrophy based programs, i.e if aesethetics is a concern, are these "hypertrophy" really better, or is it just "patato potato"?

SS still recommended and why is everyone recommending grey skull now besides ss?

Are cold showers a meme?

I can't really find info on this even on google.
Ideally, I want a graphic that defines good posture while standing. By this I mean, it would highlight which muscles are active in keeping you straight up, and the harder a muscle is working, the brighter it is shaded.
I'm asking this because all of the sitting I've done has fucked up my posture, and I honestly wasn't even using my glutes to stand a couple of weeks ago. My posture was so fucked up, but I'm trying to fix it.

Why are egg whites so god damn expensive. I don't wanna just buy eggs and throw away the yolks.

"greyskull" by "johnny pain" is just a cheap ripoff of SS
> do the last set for 5+
> do presses first
> squat only m/f
> maybe mark won't sue me
It only gets attention because people don't follow SS by the book, they think it's just AB three lifts each day.

Here's how SS really goes.

Stage 1:
A: Squat, Press, Dead
B: Squat, Bench, Dead
- run until the dead form looks good and until dead weights are well above squat weights; people miss this point, obvious b/c so many with squat > dead on their stats

Stage 2:
B: Squat, Bench, Clean 5x3
- run until the clean form looks good; this is what many people think the whole fucking program goes

Stage 3:
B: Squat, Bench, Back Extensions, Pullups 3xF
C: Squat, Press, Clean 5x3
D: Squat, Bench, Glute-Ham Raise, Chins 3xF
- how do people miss this? b/c they do meme shit off the net and don't read the book

Stage 4:
When the Squat is about to stall, switch to 1x5 and 2x5@90% backoffs on m/f and do 2x5@70% light on w
When Presses and Bench about to stall, switch to 3x3
When Clean about to stall, switch to 4x2
Deads switch to 1x3
Chins and Pullups, when 10+ reps, add weight every other session and target 3x5-7

The idea is that you shouldn't actually stall and have to reset, you should switch before you think you will stall, so the "greyskull reset" is retarded b/c you shouldn't be resetting

The deadlifts aren't every other session and eventually the squats are ligth on wed, so the "greyskull" pattern is pretty much the same, actually more deads than SS which they complain about

oooh but "greyskull" has upper body pulling and biceps work! uh, so does SS

Really SS is pretty damn good. If you want to add something, I'd add Dips 3xF treated the same way as chins/pulls on the same day (maybe even alternating Chest Dips and Triceps Dips) and would do skullcrushers and barbell curls (3x8 each) on the days you do the Press, and I'd add those in Stage 3.

>Always cut to abs, bulk til they go away, rinse, repeat
tfw can't do this due to loose skin from being fat fuck

Yes and no, depends on what you're looking for. They helped me wake up much quicker, after a full shower right out of bed at 5:50 AM I felt more awake then when I'd mozy around and drink coffee at leisure until I was awake enough to start my day.

They helped somewhat reduce initial morning stiffness/soreness too, I can't attest to their ability to increase test or cure depression or anything less tangible and conrete like that though.

Now that I've done them routinely and since stopped, I use them more as a tool than a lifestyle. I don't need to torture myself in the morning, warm showers are nice when waking. But I do, at my own peaceful will, turn the shower down very low now and again in the last 2-5 minutes of my shower, when needed just to wake up or reduce soreness.

\end{blog}

oh and you can't beat a cold shower after a work out, you'll learn to love it and I do think it reduces overall DOMS

save the yolks for baking or other recipes, or stop being a retard and just eat them

how do you stand up without glutes?

5-9 forgot that's kinda important

am i really doing my body a disservice by staying above 15%

ive heard about hormones and stuff being different but honestly feels like as soon as i go under 15% i start losing strength and size.

I don't actually WANT to be leaner because i dont give a fuck about girls and look way better with the extra bf in t shirts. but if it's healthier in the long run just maintaining that 12-14% then I'll do that. I'm really all about health and longevity.

What's the real natty limit?

What is a good way to heal a buldged disc?

Is mercury in tuna (particularly albacore, chunk light is fucking gross) big enough of a problem that I should stay away from it or is that just a meme?

Is it retarded to take a program like ICF 5x5 and do squats and deads on the rest days instead of A and B days? Once the weight starts getting heavy the workouts start to take too long.

I'm cutting, and every day I eat about 800 kcal under maintenance so I can have a day every week where I eat just ice cream and chocolate (basically a cheat day) while still being 500 under maintenance every day.

My macros are otherwise perfect and I feel good, but on that cheat day my macros are pure shit (very high and carbs, low protein and fiber).

Will this day harm me in any way if the other 6 days are perfect?

>very high and carbs
**very high FAT and carbs

Fuck typos

I want to go swimming every week for my back, but I don't know what I should aim for. Should I swim like 10×50m and repeat 3 times or what is your swimming routine? Or is it just swim until you're exhausted?

if you are eating below maintenance science says you will lose weight, without protein though you will cut more muscle than if you had adequate protein

if you are going to fuck with the program that much why do that program?

meme
I have eaten 1-2 cans a day for years
look at these fucking macros

The lower portion of my right vastus medialis has a swollen spot, about the diameter of a tennis ball.
Was my leg day yesterday, but since I've sustained an injury to my left knee, I'm in the process of training the left leg up to size. The load on my right leg is significantly easier, so I'm not sure if it's a strain?

>inb4 doctor
I'm calling in on Monday if it doesn't improve. Mostly curious about what it could be, since it's not the entire muscle that's swollen

Many people claim that the body can only absorb certain amounts of protein per meal. Some say more and some say less. Who’s right?

How come going below parallel is so important for protecting your knees in squats, but when you clean and deadlift, you're moving weight well above parallel?

do they sell bronkaid or primatene in virginia? asking for a friend

What about doing SL ABxABx rather than AxBxA?
Or doing Bench and OHP every training day but changing the prioritization?

A healthy digestive system should be able to absorb 99.99999% of the macronutrients you consume

>How come going below parallel is so important for protecting your knees in squats, but when you clean and deadlift, you're moving weight well above parallel?
you can blow out your knees that way.

prove it

What way?

I don't know the science, but considering we and the majority of mammals survived on a feast and famine eating cycle in the wild, having to consume as much as possible while it was available and unspoiled, I just can't see how that's possible. We'd have all died out long ago.

I don't see how is this even related. Could you elaborate, please?

If the body can only absorb, say, 20g of protein at once (which is a commonly touted figure), then the concept of surviving thousands of years ago is just absurd. It's only modern preservation techniques that allow us to consume food in moderation throughout the day. Way back when, it was simply "kill a deer and eat every bit of it before it starts to rot." If upon killing a deer, we can only eat an odd 20g of it before every bite thereafter is nutritionally useless, then we've just wasted the massive energy of hunting it in the first place, as well as the energy of consuming and digesting it.

If we can only absorb 20g of protein at once, I just don't see how we'd have been capable of surviving before modern society where we have supermarkets and refrigerators enabling us to eat half a chicken breast at a time. Not to mention all the modern people who do intermittent fasting, they should all be horribly malnourished if this limitation on protein absorption was true.

It's like saying that it's impossible for the human body to fall asleep without a mattress and blanket, humans lived for millions and millions of years before those luxuries were invented, how could it possibly be true?

But again, I don't know the actual science and I'm prepared to be corrected by someone who does (I know there's a lot of contention over whether humans are even evolved to eat meat, for example). But on a surface level I just don't see how it makes sense.

meh, evolution happens and our dietary habits have changed drastically, that explanation doesn't make much sense

>evolution happens
Over millions of years.

want to do gyno surgery, basically I dont have man tits full of fat like most of the ones posted here
it's just puffy nips, a hard-ish thing below my nips the rest of my chest is shredded. Basically it's pretty normal but then my nips are a bit pointy

how long would this shit take to recover? it's wwhat worries me due to studies, lifting and work
heard it can be 2 weeks since I wouldnt need lipo

Is this any good for getting a nice ass or are there better alternatives/workout plans?

Do other exercises that assist those muscle groups. Farmer walks or whatever. Gotta commit to a program though

>getting a nice ass

heavy ass barbell hip-thrusts, barbell glute bridges, that machine where you open your legs like a slut and if feeling cheeky, some donkey kicks after you're used to the volume aka not a beginner
also romanian deadlifts while contracting your glutes as hard as you can, same goes for deadlifts and OHP, they work your glutes if you squeeze them(and you should be squeezing them)

(put my gf/ex doing 3x8 with max weight while maintainign good form and did wonders in just 4 months, 3x5 for the compounds)

Fuck i miss john west tuna

Its just not the same back here in canada; tuna is retarded expensive

If your body couldnt fully absorb what you consume, there wouldnt be fat people

You need to rest. Theres a reason its AxBxAxB

Oh no its retarded

Post pics

99% of the time gyno niggas just need to go bearmode to obfuscate the condition

My cum has turned brown.

Pic related, I've just broke 4 months NoFap. What's happened? Was I becoming a wizard? A half-nigger? Or a cancer patient?

Actually, does this deserve its own thread?

What are the best excercises to get athletic as fuck?

You might die

Everything is fine. That's normal.

you know you've hit the lowest of the low when instead of hanging out with friends you're spending your saturday looking at people's brown cum on a sentinelese donkey-milking support group.

No your plan sucks. You will loose most of your gained muscle mass (which is laughable at best at half of 1/2/3/4) if you cut and will probably entirely stop training because it's so depressing. Train until there is something to cut to.

You and your plan are the ultimate meme ffs. All those fucking supplements and bullshit planning, just lift or kys yourself

I don't have one of them since I always try to hide that shit
but even when they're cold, you can still see there's something off there, wish they'd stay like this all time

so some stupid dick fuck went and got me a 200 gram bag of "bee pollen". these little granules. been doing some googling but i dunno no real credible sources. everyone just sayin its not a miracle cure but some ppl are claimin its at least a vitamin supplement... is it good for anythin?

Fucking hell man, that puts some shit in perspective.

>nice ass
mtf or jonnie confirmed

squats, lunges, rdls, hip thrusts
mix high and low reps about 2/1 coz ya need some strength
lots of bw squats is cardio/thigh burn
below parallel but not atg fag

What's a good online workout/fitness tracker that has options for calisthenics so I can track my different exercises and how many reps I do? Obviously a "weight lifted" option can't be mandatory since its all body weight.

you fucking dumbass

Ok fags. I am 6' 168 now. Down from 205. I can currently just barely see all my abs while flexing. Not much mass to me. Should I cut down another 8 lbs or so to get more shredded look or start slow bulk now and better luck with the beach body next year?

Me too. It's a fucking meme. I'm fine.

What are some hobbies to take up if I no longer want to keep fapping?

Also how do I build self-confidence

Neither. You body absorbs everything you eat unless you're genetically ill. I've been OMAD for a while and I have no problem building musclle eating all my calories in one sitting.

Glute bridges, my dudette. And fire hydrants. And work them hammies too (elevated hamstring bridges and/or glute ham raises).

>if I no longer want to keep fapping?
See

At what point do you start actually believing that you're not ugly
>ugly ever since I became a teenager
>figured I'd fix it, circa 2 years ago, haircut, skin, lifted, all of it together.
>got called handsome at a party yday, had 3-4 girls try and flirt with me (trying to get into a relationship with another girl so hard to turn down all advances though, rip)
I'm so used to it that at this point I just feel like it's normal to feel like shit about your own looks, but Idk.

But user I meant in a excess way. There's no way I could last a week without fapping.

shit, same here man.

I grew up as a really ugly kid while everyone around me blossomed. Eventually I started working out and fixing myself. If I objectively look at myself in the mirror I look really attractive, but due to all those years of looking like horse shit and being made fun of, I'll never really believe it. I always feel inadequate and like if I'm not perfect, no one will love me.

So last night I went out with 8/10 but she had a cold sore.. I've never had one, is this a big deal?

Anyone have recommend a meal plan?

I read the sticky but it doesn't say what to actually eat.

>9 grams of protein per X calories
Doesn't actually help me.
I want a structured strict meal plan. Eat this, this, and this a day. With recipes.

What's 1/2/3/4? I know for sure that they are numbers of plates but do they correspond to a type of compound movement? I.e. OHP/bent over row/DL/squat?

Not really, some people get cold sores because their mother has them and she kissed them as a kid. They don't make you more likely to die or anything.

BUT they are ugly as fuck, take forever to heal, and occur anywhere between a few times a year to once a year. And they scar.

I get them around twice a year, but there's this thing called Zovirax which you put on as soon as you feel one coming on, and it just doesn't appear.

It's hard man. Got a pretty shitty haircut now as well due to the barber understanding me wrong and it being too late to correct her, so that ain't fucking helping with my self image. Gona get it cut again next week I guess. I keep playing with my hair trying to fucking adjust it properly.

OHP/rows/squats/DL

No.

OHP / Bench / Squats / DLs

Overhead Press / Bench / Squat / Deadlift
Do note that if you're a manlet, 1/2/3/4 is a lot harder to achieve. There's a large difference between being like 5'7" and 6'3" and having 1/2/3/4.

I was close.
Thanks user.

You're probably better off just thinking of the types of foods you like, and modifying the recipes to suit your nutritional needs.
All Veeky Forums knows how to cook is chicken, broccoli and brown rice.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Just buy halo top instead.

doesn't exist in the uk

YO

>that'll do fine seen you ask about it several times
Yes, that's true. I was concerned bc I've shuffled and stalled around for long long time...
But you got your point. I'll winter bulk for 3 months and see how it goes.

Aight, thanks anons

How do I stop being a thighlet?

Squatz and oatz