Redpill me on multvitamins and fish oils Veeky Forums

Redpill me on multvitamins and fish oils Veeky Forums

Is it a scam or are there actual benefits?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/multivitamin/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Snake oil is way more beneficial.

On a serious note. I stopped taking multivitamins for a while and I developed this weird irritation where my lips meet. My diet lacks a lot of variety. I started taking the vitamins again and it went away.

Multi's are legit, but make sure to get one with 100% of your daily needs. Adjust other supplement doses accordingly.
Fish oil pills are overrated, just eat more fish eg. sardines 2-3 times a week.

I recommend you depressed fucks start taking pic related. It did wonders for my mood and motivation. It's not an FDA approved anti-depressant in the states for some reason, even though tests showed it to be just as effective as prescribed antidepressants. I think it's prescribed to treat it over in Europe though.

I used to take a lot of supplement and i have less skin problem now that i don't take any. I think you need to take only one or two but too much is not helpful

It's called angular cheilitis and is associated with iron and zinc deficiency. Have you considered not having a terrible diet? Just eat beans, greens and/or beef.

I know what it's called. The multi-vitamin was sufficient.

You already said that. It's just a comment. Having a shitty nutrient-deficient diet brings with it other problems

The vitamin was enough.

You already said that. It's just a comment. Having a shitty nutrient-deficient diet brings with it other problems

Best thing to do is assess your diet and see what is lacking and supplement accordingly. For example I eat almost no fish, so take a fish oil omega 3 thing each morning. If your diet has loads of fish, then there is no point

And the vitamin solved that.

>If you eat all your vitamins you don't need to supplement

No shit, you take fish oil because you don't eat any fish. It's a near requirement for your arteries.

If you actually are unable to eat fruits/veggies/fish yeah.

Otherwise, fucking start eating them. Vitamins are only one part.

I bought a multivitamin that has like 3000% of recommended daily intake of some vitamins, will it give me cancer?

Yes, but it will also give you 3000% the ability to fight the cancer. So it's a wash.

>I bought a multivitamin that has like 3000% of recommended daily intake of some vitamins, will it give me cancer?
it will probably prevent it. What brand?

Opti-men by ON, pic related

Yes, there are legitimate, clinically prpven benefits, but like it's been said here already, only take vitamins according to what you already lack in your diet, don't just take everything autistically.

I don't eat dairy, so I take calcium pills.
I don't eat fish, so I take fish oil capsules.
I eat a lot of cruciferous veggies, so I DONT take vitamin C pills.
I live in a very cloudy, cold climate, so I take vitamin D pill.
And so on and so forth.

i took this didntt feel anything. Made me piss yellow

Eating dairy for calcium is shit anyway.

Vitamin D is a lot more useful for bone density.

heads up,
Don't take St. John's Wort if you are already taking other antidepressants, can cause serious interactions. talk to doc/pharmacist.
source: pharm student

True, calcium-rich dairy like blue cheese for example are very high in salt and fat.

I recall there being really great plant sources for calcium, but I can't remember what they were.

You DON'T know the quality or ingredients unless it's independently tested.

Cheap omega fish oil pills (EPA180/DHA120) sometimes contained too much contaminants or is oxidated, making the health effect negative.

It's not uncommon for supplements to not contain or be at the quality/quantity what they claim. So it's best to take as few supps as possible.

I only take Vitamin D 5000iu and eggwhite proteinpowder and try to get everything from real foods. Just my 2ct.

Been taking vitamins and fish oil for 6 years erry day, it's like the basis of my regime.

Not just that. It's because of availability and real world effect on bone density.

It's just shit advertisement from the dairy industry. Also milkpuss and post-breastfeeding lactose.

Is it necessary to take Vitamin D? Even during spring and summer?

What about during winter? It can get pretty dark and grey where I live (Netherlands)

Take it every day.

Yes, Vitamin D is always GOAT.

Winter yes. Summer on days you don't get at least 15m get sun.

2000iu won't do shit for a deficit. Get at least 4000-5000 ed.

Can I stack this with Phenibut and become one with the universe?

I think I am the most leading pro these things person here.

And yea, they are very fast, and their effects also documented.

Though generally speaking I would say that they are on 50% scientifically proven, 25% too little evidence and 25% marketed with even looser evidence.

the most clean site for these types of things is

examine.com/ which has most of the "50% scientifically proven" articles without the rest

There is a wave of people also going towards this direction because they want to move away from traditional medicine, instead of curing one ailment, they want to cure the body so that it never has that ailment in the first place.

Strengthening of the immune system. Removal of toxants, proper nutritional balance and the proper amount of minerals (you would be surprised as to how many, because of their lack of red beef, dont have zinc and become depressed)

There are also new environmental factors like the plastics, or the sedentary lifestyles that cause all sorts of problems. Maybe, even for things like stressful jobs there are more natural and less harmful alternatives like rhodiola.

In a hectic world, where people often do have cash, some would have chosen in the past drugs that would have bad long term effects on your health to get ahead. But you can for a similar amount of money, pour money into these things to get a long term health benefit, in memory, cognition "subjective well being" with pretty much zero downsides. Something that you would get by eating a varied diet.

Yea its obvious that herbs, and vitamins also can often be part of prescription drugs as some of them are based on those things. But usually, food is much safer since its still tied to nature. Its much safer to control and account for, if you at least keep the dosages proper.

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/multivitamin/

If the vitamins are soluble it's fine (meaning you'll just piss the extra out).
In general, if your diet is lacking in vitamins (which it is with 99% certainty), take multivitamins, zinc and fish oil.

Kale and broccoli are good sources

Oil seeds have more calcium than dairy.

Poppy seeds come in at 1200-1400 mg in 100 grams (providing around 500 calories). This high calcium content is also independently confirmed in studies from Hungary and India where poppy seeds are widely consumed in dishes and not just as topping.
Sesame seeds also provide around 1000 mg per 100 grams.

And anyway, calcium from water is well-absorbed too, and water may provide 100-500 mg per liter.