Ned Kelly

He did nothing wrong

fucking oath mate.

He was Irish

That’s not true, he trusted that one guy who spoiled his train plan

other than killing and robbing innocent people sure

t. Squatocrat

>innocent
You mean robbing rich land owners that deliberately exploited his family for more land and making it difficult for anyone to have their own farm? And by killing innocent people do you mean shooting at a corrupt police force that was trying to kill him?

>cop scum
>innocent
lel

Fuckin mogged all the soft cunts in the Victorian police and threw a rager in every town

Ned Kelly is great as a test of character. Only subhumans worship him, so you can instantly tell what kind of person someone is by asking them what they think of Ned Kelly.

Nobody worships Ned Kelly, although he is viewed as a hero for the common folk fighting the oppressors

That's what I mean

I do

Local pub has that picture of him with 'Such is Life' written under it and I fucking love it
Only realised last night it was Ned Kelly

O-oh, okay...

You and your posse are in the swamp looking for a cop-killer and suddenly this thing comes out of the swamp, wyd?

Shoot the fuck out of it and take it to Melbourne Gaol to hang.

Wait for the fog to clear and realize he doesn’t have leg armor

>Read up on Ned and his family
>He was actually a cunt and his family were cunts
>People to this day worship him

I admit that the folklore built up around them is great, a nice story about fighting against impossible odds but if you look in to the Kelly family you realise they were a criminal family. They had every opportunity to improve their lot but took every chance they could to act like shit heads.

>fuck you cunt hes an aussie hero, you're not strayan
Nah. You wouldn't want to live anywhere near the Kelly family.

I read a book about him in school. I like him

why didn't everyone just wear armor?

t. muh grandad wuz a copper!
Fuck off cunt, Kelly and Morant are the greatest Australians to ever live upsetting soft cunts to this day

Literally nobody intelligent thinks he was a good guy. But hey if you're a bogan and you worship the cunt then I don't care, you're still my countryman.

>Can't handle banter
>Calls himself Australian
Go and crusade about internet bullying or some other gay shit

Stop larping as a bogan

>An Irish cunt shooting Brit cops 200 years ago
Literally who cares? The only people who get offended about it are descendants of the cops he killed

I'm not offended, I just think that he was a piece of shit.

All Australians are

How so?

Our entire culture is built around venerating common criminals because muh convicts, even though the majority of the population has little to no convict roots

They’re a prison colony

You've got to work with what you've got, everybody needs a national mythology. We have criminals and failed military campaigns so we've done pretty well constructing something people are proud of desu.

We should be celebrating Beersheda, Long Tan, and Buna not getting pantsed by KARA BOGA

The 13 colonies were used as a convict colony prior to US independence. In fact American independence was the reason Australia started being used. Americans (deliberately and starting with their founding fathers) have carefully airbrushed this from their history to the extent most people don't even know it.

There's no reason Australia has to use it as part of their national mythology.

I know a guy who can trace his ancestors back to the first one who was shipped to Australia for stealing a chicken
A chicken
Imagine that for a moment

It was but the religious people threw enough of a fit about the influx of prisoners that they eventually stopped and sent them elsewhere

Even those are pretty minor military events. Our greatest achievements were on the Western Front in 1917-18 when we actually made a big contribution to winning the war but not many know that.

We have to work with something, and there is certainly no pre-colonisation influence to ham up like the Kiwis do with their Maori shit, we had no war of independence or civil war or any other formative events. I'm descended from convicts (one of them also a prostitute) on the third fleet and people generally think that's pretty cool if it comes up.

>the religious people threw enough of a fit about the influx of prisoners
True.

>eventually stopped and sent them elsewhere
False, the British Crown passed laws giving them no choice and the influx of convicts didn't stop until the American Revolution.

His family were sent to Australia because the father was caught stealing a pig for his starving family.
They find themselves in the same situation, living on a small farm with insufficient food so once again the father resorts to theft and is caught and arrested.
Now Ned has to bring home the money and food so he has to drop out of school.
He barely gets by through selling cheap firewood in town. Meanwhile rich squators with a bribed police for repeatedly harass the family in efforts to gain more land.
These squators also deliberately exploit poor farmers by renting out the worst plots of land and deliberately sabotaging it by cutting off the water supply and removing the cattle.
The police look for any excuse to fine poor farmers such as the Kelly family.
Ned eventually finds himself a bushranger to make the money needed to sustain his large family.
All his robberies are for good cause and he only robs rich squators and their banks. He treats all his hostages well and even pays them.
He gained mass support due to his chivalry and fight against the corrupt authorities to the extent that they would help Kelly and his gang in opposition to the police as they had become outlaws.
The police, infuriated by this, indicted anyone suspected of aiding the Kelly gang regardless of whether they have evidence or not and would put them in jail.
Kelly paid £2000 for a lawyer to help those convicted of Kelly trafficking and so his popularity only grew.
He never shot first and always gave option for peaceful surrender with little consequences.
He was a model, robin hood-esque outlaw who really only robbed from the corrupt and those who wronged him

Kelly is just a colonial outgrowth of Irish Republicanism to be quite honest

He was a victim of circumstance

The circumstance of being an Irish Catholic in the most Anglo colony in Australia

Racism against the Irish made it difficult for them

I'm not arguing it wasn't