Since when did vegetables become 100% needed on a daily basis for health?

Since when did vegetables become 100% needed on a daily basis for health?

It just doesn't make sense.I am pretty sure literally nobody besides the top 1% of humans had access to vegetables on a daily basis up until post WW2 era. You know what actually does make sense? That we mostly ate fruits, and killed a wild animal and ate its meat every-now and then. Nigga ain't nobody eating vegetables until recent times.

Fruits as in berries n shit, stuff that just grows out in nature by itself.

IE: Feed off berries until you could find a wild animal to eat. The agricultural era was also mostly just farming WHEAT, not veggies, so there again we have another issue, nobody fucking had veggies. Vegetable consumption seems to arise with the industrial revolution.

It's no wonder veggies taste like shit, and fruits taste really amazing. That's a fucking sign that we aren't naturally supposed to even eat veggies. I bet 100% of you freaks need to put a ton of salt and oil on your veggies to consume them, I DOUBT any of you eat them without stuff added. But funnily enough you all eat fruit raw and it taste amazing....funny that , huh?

Veggies are a meme

Are you literally retarded?
Do you know how long agriculture has existed ?

>.I am pretty sure literally nobody besides the top 1% of humans had access to vegetables on a daily basis up until post WW2 era
And what has happened to life expectancy figures since then?

As the quality of life increases, the diet of humans changes as well. You said it well, only the top 1% has the 'means' to afford eating optimally (keyword) everyday. You dont need to eat it per se, but if you aspire to be the very best there ever was, you cant ignore them (actually you can through supps, but it doesnt feel 100% natural and right).

Im talking about optimal in the sense of more then just the physiological aspect of a human.

Holy shit OP you're a fucking retard. Pick up a book or learn some history you inbred plonker.

This has to be one of the dumbest threads I've seen on Veeky Forums in ages lol.

and guess how long they lived OP.... eat veggies if you want to grow old and fuck your son

You could make the same case for meat and you know it.

Tell me the next time you eat a steak or chicken without some spices on it or marinated

Holy fug OP is ignorant.

I eat all my meat plain.

Then again I'm extremely autistic about how I eat food.

I literally cannot eat out social events or anything because of how normies put all their food together.

You guys would be surprised at how alienating is for me to be out where theres food being served. I get judged/criticized by everyone every single time because I don't like how normies eat food with everything being mixed up together.

t. literal man baby that doesn't want to eat his veggies

are you actually on the spectrum holy shit

>Middle ages peasant diet
>The bread was usually mean of rye, oats, or barley.Meatwas expensive and usually only available on special occasions. Often eggs, butter, or cheese were substituted formeat. Vegetables such as onions, leeks, cabbage,garlic, turnips, parsnips, peas and beans were staples.

i hope you know that virtually all fruit has far, FAR more sugar than it did when human beings were hunter gatherers. in fact most fruit would be unrecognizable to you in its original form.

for example, this is what a banana looked like before humans artificially selected them to taste better, be larger, and have more sugar.

the same is also true of vegetables. most vegetables were probably truly inedible for humans during hunter gatherer times. most likely no different than eating leaves.

tubers like potatoes, onions, carrots etc grow in the wild

What about shit that grows in the wild? Blackberries are tasty and sugary as fuck for example

Speak for yourself. I like veggies a lot more than fruits. I don't like sweet-tasting foods that much.

same to be honest. my mom always made us a plate full of veggie and fruits s after we were done eating dinner. Carrots, broccoli, apples, bananas, turnip cabbage, cucumbers.
I love veggies and eat them every day in a smoothie. Feels amazing and I get all my fibers

Trying to justify not eating veggies just shines light on your shitty upbringing and careless parents.

it's very difficult to say, honestly. there's no accounting for the effects of human agriculture and how artificial selection by humans could have affected even wild plants over thousands of years.

it's certainly possible that there are genuinely unaffected plants that taste great and have always tasted great. a plant having sugar in its berries is an effective evolutionary strategy since animals are more likely to eat them. but that also means that the more sugary the fruit, the more likely it was to germinate and continue its line, getting progressively more sugary. this is artificial selection at work.

>Vegetables inedible for humans
>Fruits inedible for humans
>Meat inedible for humans until we discovered fire

So what, we just kinda stood out in the sun to get our energy until one day we randomly gained intelligence?

>Since when did vegetables become 100% needed on a daily basis for health?
About 2 million years ago when we came into existence

>I am pretty sure literally nobody besides the top 1% of humans had access to vegetables on a daily basis up until post WW2 era
You're not sure because you're wrong. That's not literal, also because you're wrong and an idiot.

This is the worst bait ever, but I replied so 1/10

Tell us more about those quirks of yours.

My parents use to feed me veggies everyday as a child.

When I hit age 10 or so I stopped wanting to eat them and I haven't ate them since.

Anytime I try eating them again I get put off because they never really seem "fresh".

i'm not saying that all fruits and vegetables were inedible. just that they probably tasted much different than they do now.

but to clarify, yes, the vast majority of fruits and vegetables were probably inedible for humans. look at the projected human population growth between hunter gatherers and early agriculture. it's a fucking massive explosion in growth rate. human populations were basically flatlining during the hunter gatherer phase. there just isn't that much delicious shit out in the wild lying around.

>It's no wonder veggies taste like shit
They don't, you've just never learned to cook properly and you have a shitty diet and eat processed foods

>That's a fucking sign that we aren't naturally supposed to even eat veggies.
No it isn't. If anything it's a sign that you have a shit diet and don't like the taste of vegetables as a result.

>I DOUBT any of you eat them without stuff added
I season my meat and veg therefore your shitty undeveloped tastebuds are the human ideal? This is 200% retarded.

>But funnily enough you all eat fruit raw and it taste amazing....funny that , huh?
Plenty of veg are eaten raw and taste fantastic- lettuces, cucumbers, peppers, celery, nuts and seeds, spinach, coleslaws, cress etc

You're being retarded on purpose and doing it right

kek

I cant believe you arent memeing. Are there really people who dispute the health benefits of veggies?
I accept that some people never ate them, dislike the taste or maybe the preparation or consistency or freshness or whatever. But to flat out reject them since they are supposedly unnecessary boggles my mind.

You seriously need to reevaluate your approach to eating. Holy shit Im still dumbfounded

You only think it's inedible because your pallet has been developed on current day foods.

If you grew up eating less sweet foods you'd have to problem downing bland tasting fruits and veggies

Just look at webm related

we ate a lot of root vegetables.
when i say we i mean europeans in general.

Agriculture is the foundation of civilization senpai.

You don't have to cook meat. It just makes digestion safer and more efficient.

That sounds like actual autism.
I cannot stand picky eaters, its almost like they want sympathy for having the pallete of a 10 year old lower middle class white kid.
You can train yourself to like any food very easily, just keep eating it, and telling yourself it tastes good and eventually it will.

this. truly stunning how out of touch some people are

Dude blackberries are hella sour

when they're fully ripe they're not

You're lucky that scooby stopped coming here

The nobility ate fancy cheeses and meat.
The peasantry ate porridge, potatoes and cabbage.
Guess which ones were fat.

My mother grew up in poverty in the valleys of Wales. The girls in the family used to forage the land for fruit, mostly berries. A lot of nutrition is just waiting around in the countryside. Like you can pick dandelion leaves - they are a superfood. They used to pick stinging nettles to make stinging nettle soup. They grew vegetables and herbs in their garden too. And they planned all the seasons. They made jams out of everything so it would last all year round.

Most of their fats were lard and raw milk. Turns out this was very healthy, and everything we thought for the last 50 years about fats was wrong.

Extremely relevant news article from today kek

>this thread

xD

i don't think i've ever seen such a dumb fucking post

Let her die then. Those kinds of autists are the worst, they will never be of use to anyone, not even themselves.

imo they should commission one last batch of R's and I's and P's

Vegetable smoothie master race

that webm was retarded
>only eats cheesy potatoes
>gives her a fucking brussel sprout instead of a banana or some shit

buy from a farmers market, don't buy fresh veggies from walmart (other large freedom stores) or come to eu for a week and taste cheap local produce

what is chicken thighs, no salt/spices needed, check m8

yuropoor checking in

Potato eating potatoes

I love you