Is there a functional difference between eating 2000 calories a day vs eating say 3500 calories one day and 500 the...

Is there a functional difference between eating 2000 calories a day vs eating say 3500 calories one day and 500 the next? Aside from pain from overeating one day and hunger the next, of course

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/84773773
youtu.be/tIuj-oMN-Fk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump cause i also wanna know

In terms of weight gain? No.

Some people would perceive themselves as having more energy on the 3500 calorie day for example (and so this could be used as a training day), and perhaps going as low as 500 cals a day might decrease performance since it's so damn low, there is IN GENERAL not a difference.

A more practical example is people who eat like 2500 on non training days, and 3500 on training days compared to 3000 all the time. That typically will not make a difference.

It's more useful to think about total caloric intake on a weekly basis rather than daily.

If your cutting the latter is the strategy called caloric cycing or refeed where you are cutting calories for majority of the week, but having one at a surplus prevents your body from adapting to new lower baseline of caloric needs. Manipulation of hormone secretion

Does it work or is it just a meme?

*blocks your path*

Mission accomplished

*dont have time to walk around him*
*just turn around and go home*

Well.. Technically no it doesnt really do shit other than you'll feel different on those particular days. The body is amazing at adapting to different challenges and sure you can do this, only thing is would you have the willpower to only eat 500 cals the day after?
The answer to that for a lot of people is no..

but if you want to do it go ahead, unless you got some disease or whatever you should be good my dude.

*blocks your arteries*
pay for my healthcare

>3500
>overeating

Veeky Forums everyone

it's great for cutting

vimeo.com/84773773

On a cut? Of course it is.

>structure collapses

Yes, its much easier to go into 'fat spillover' mode when you are taking in that many calories over maintenance on a single day.

Your insulin will spike dramatically and you will store more fat on that day.

DARK SOULS

How fat are you?

short answer: no

long answer: yes, your body is not a perfect machine that performs 100% all the time. overeating and undereating affects how well your digestion works among other things. it's better to have a stable input of food than yoyo up and down.

Not really, when I have really big binges of 5k kcal I usually psmf (800kcal) for a couple of days and my weight is back to normal easily.
The high calories day increase my energy so that psmfing isnt hard at all.

*plays pokeflute*

But you burn more calories on training days

Works very much actually. No meme, it's been studied by doctors and proven to be very beneficial during a cut. You can reach similar results with intermittent fasting though. Watch this for more in depth

youtu.be/tIuj-oMN-Fk