Tips for losing skinny fat? I noticed I'm gaining some weight on my stomach...

Tips for losing skinny fat? I noticed I'm gaining some weight on my stomach, but I'm thin everywhere else and that's disgusting. Exercise and food tips are definitely welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/8177-kethnaab-rippetoe-workout.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a write up on this at home. When I get back I'll post it. Keep it up

just clean bulk

I'll try to! Thank you

I'm not gonna lie, I have no idea what this even means. Elaborate?

Just do sit ups. That's how you lose belly fat.

I started skating again and that relies a lot on the core. I was perfectly fit when I skated religiously but I can't anymore because of school and work. But I'm starting again, there's time if you make it.
Back to sit-ups though, I hear mixed things about it. People say it won't burn the fat, but that sounds completely wrong. How should I go about it? I'm not some potato, so I'm down for whatever is necessary.

lots of people bulking just throw every calorie they can find into their mouth, and put on way too much fat. you don't have to that to gain muscle.
as for losing fat, diet is #1, and doing cardio is #2.

Eat healthier and exercise

I'm in same situation as OP but everyone says to cut

you could go either way. all that matters is you're not skipping the gym

So if I continue with skateboarding (my cardio) and a healthier diet, along with sit-ups, I can lose the weight? For reference, I'm 5'8" and 140lbs.

Celery and water diet for 6 months and I guarantee that you'll lose the fat bro.

>skinny fat

Really want to lose the weight?

Run a 750mg/day routine of DNP, and you will lose that stubborn fat quickly and look great.

Plenty of cardio helps speed things along.

you can get to any weight on diet alone, height and weight doesn't matter. cardio just makes you lose weight faster (the longer you have an elevated heart rate, the more your body uses fat reserves for energy). not sure how good skateboarding is for cardio, but if your heart rate's up for an extended then whatever works for you.

Drink the fluid from glow light sticks.
I am not fucking kidding it gave me diarrhea for a couple of weeks and melted my fat off.

This sounds dangerous but fun.
Will my shit glow? What a party trick

>Run a 750mg/day routine of DNP
Literally poison. There are plenty of info available regarding the high toxicity of dnp and the proximity between its effective dosage and toxic dosage.

If you're going to fraud, the 1st option should always be test. Nothing is safer than test, nothing comes even close to the amount of info on test, nothing is readily treatable by a med as test (if things go wrong). On the plus, it's one of the most effective drugs.

Here's the pasta:
I'm putting here some tips I wish I had read when I 1st started lifting. This is only a complement to sticky. Read the sticky.

A skinny fat beginner always have to make a choice between getting builtfat or getting skinny scrawny before actually getting fit. Yes, body re-composition will happen to some degree, but you got to have priorities (losing fat or building strength base) otherwise you won't get nice results. Lean bulk or cutting only 300 cal/day are memes if you haven't got any muscle on your frame. You can't eat the cake and have it.

So, there are basically two ways to go.

If you think you can afford a couple pounds and still won't look that bad. Best route for 6'2 and over:
> do beginner strength routine, full Zach mode for some months (4-6 months).
> startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/8177-kethnaab-rippetoe-workout.html This one is the best SS template, IMO. I'm also a big fan of Lascek S&C program.
> get your lifts to intermediate lv.
> switch to hypertrophy routine (PHUL, PPL etc) and start cutting.

I wouldn't recommend going past 20% bf. At 20% bf you won't look fit at all but still will take only some weeks to get around 15% (visible abs under good lightining etc).

If you think you cannot support looking flabby any more, lose fat. Best for 5'9 and under:
> lose weight until you look skeleton (about 12%bf)
> you should do some lifting (push-ups, chin-ups, etc everyday); you will notice some gains alread
> make use of this window to actually learn the lifts/get more flexible
> once you get low %bf, bulk hard (500cal) while on some beginner strength routine.
> startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/8177-kethnaab-rippetoe-workout.html This one is of the best SS template, IMO. I'm also a big fan of Lascek S&C program.
> get your lifts to intermediate lv.
> switch to hypertrophy routine (PHUL, PPL, etc) and keep an eye on your diet. Start cutting again if needed.

Pasta 2/2:
Always bear in mind that you should progress on every train, feel better on a day to day basis, but you won't see significant results before 6 months to a 1 year of training (depending on your current fitness and height, mostly). Luckily, noob gains are always noticeable, tho.

Regarding routines: all routines are only as good as your effort in the gym. SS, Keethnabs SS, GSLP (all three 3-day full body), Lascek S&C Program, Candito's LP (both 4-day splits), ICF 5x5 (also 3-day full body); all these are good programs for a true beginner; they're all very much alike. I'm a big fan of Lascek S&C program bc I feel it has better recovery window, but this is personal experience talking. Reddit PPL isn't bad either, even tho it has lots of frivolous work for a beginner. Just pick one that fits your schedule and stick to it. The only famous beginner program I would not recommend is SL: it's much like the other, but progression scheme is horrid.

Put your max effort every time you hit the gym. This is what really matters.

Focus on the main compounds and getting your lifts up. Do your curls if you want big arms. Disregards youtube channels that every week posts a new meme "best exercise ever for...", "how to build bigger..." etc.

You'll only look like you lift after you stop being a novice; and you'll only stop being a novice once your lifts are respectable. Sure high volume has its place on hypertrophy, but high volume means moving lots of weight per training session; if you're doing 4x10 40kg squats, you're doing bitch weights/high reps - not high volume at all.

Nobody build a big chest at 1pl8; nor big shoulders at 30kg OHP; your arms won't look big if you're cheat curling 12kg.

Mine had a greenish/yellow color, not really glowing.

Not OP, but am skinny fat. I really appreciate this post. I have a couple questions. What would be considered "intermediate level" lifting?

Also, if you have any advice on food that would be great. It seems like people say skinny fats don't need to worry too hard about calorie counts and things like that. I've just been generally improving my diet without getting too specific (eat unprocessed foods, plenty of meat and a lot more veggies, cutting out as much sugar as possible, lots of water) but should I start looking into crunching numbers on my macros? Or does that come later?

Thanks!

>What would be considered "intermediate level" lifting?
> symmetrystrenght.com
Insert your lifts and get your strength lv checked.

Regarding diet:
It's very important to get a general "notion" on how much is your TDEE and how much calories you're eating. That will define if you're eating too little or too much. Cutting processed food, too spiced shit etc is basic and should always be payed attention.

On protein sources. As a med student, I don't think it's a good choice to eat loads of meat like it's generally advised, bc meat digestion is hard (though YMMV) and eating loads of meat will get used to eating loads of everything, aka gluttony to put it simply. One meat meal is a day is more than enough. Look for other protein sources such as milk, eggs, and protein powders if you're struggling with getting enough protein. (1.2g of protein per kg of body weight is generally a good standard)

If your goal is to lose weight, start doing light cardio everyday, the earlier the better. That is: skipping rope or doing sprints for 5-15min as soon as you wake up etc. At first this may be very hard, but will take only a couple weeks to get used to doing cardio 1st thing in the morning. Not only this will get you used to being active, but it will enhance your metabolism a bit. Not to mention that is great for health, not only looks.

ya man since its your first time working out I reccomend you dose heavy on roids like that other idiot

Two very important things I almost forgot: weight yourself everyday, always at the same time, and track weekly progress; alcohol is the shit for making you losing gains, not only it's very calorie dense despite not being "filling", it's usually associated with bad habits (sleeping too late/too little, eating shitty food on munchies etc).

All these posts have been extremely helpful. You guys are great. Hopefully some lurkers take from this post too. Feel free to keep adding, I'll be lurking myself. Thank you all, in advance.

Listen to this user.

>Nobody build a big chest at 1pl8; nor big shoulders at 30kg OHP; your arms won't look big if you're cheat curling 12kg.
Lol senpai you almost nailed all of my lifts fking hell

I feel like I'm the opposite of OP but am trying to make gains.

I am trying to "clean bulk" as I weigh 110 - 115 lbs and feel like I need to gain at least 10 - 15 more pounds to be considered "healthy BMI".

For the past couple of days I've been trying to add more calories into my day by snacking on nuts like almonds and cashews, and granola, Been also adding things to meals to increase calories, such as adding a tablespoon of honey to teas and oatmeal in the morning.

My diet usually consist of

Breakfast
>Oatmeal in the morning, with a chopped up banana, half pint of blueberries, and 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed/chia seed mix (around 500 - 600 calories)

Lunch
>Usually will consist of salad with edamame, sriacha or sambal oelek for dressing, orange, 100 calorie greek yogurt

Dinner
>Steamed veggies (Carrots, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower) with 100 calorie hummus dip, an apple, sometimes with almond butter

On the weekend I like to treat myself by drinking 2 - 4 light beers and eating sliced cheese and crackers.

I'm biking 8 miles a day on a bike machine and do 20 pushups every other day, 100 crunches every other day, and 1x15 curls of 20 lb dumb bells every other day. I know I'm porobably gonna be laffed at but oh well, I still have slight stomach flabbiness and I'm afraid it will get bigger if I start max bulking and keeping the same routine.

Because everyone is an idiot. Don't cut unless you are either well above your goal body weight, or you have good muscle underneath the fat.

Doesn't being a fatty increase the estrogen significantly when taking test as well

Pic related is me, what do you think?

Let's split thing you to make it clear.

> I need to gain at least 10 - 15 more pounds to be considered "healthy BMI".
First of all, BMI only mean anything if you're on either extreme: auschwitz mode or obese. On a healthy BMI you can either be the ultimate flabby ass skinny fat or the most fit guy you know.

> as I weigh 110 - 115 lbs
This is a low weight, even if you're short.
If you want to put on mass, whole milk, natural peanut butter, and eggs should be the staple on your diet. You need calorie dense protein rich food in every meal you eat.

I'm not going through each meal of your day, but obviously that's not near enough. You should figure your TDEE and start off from there until you reach a +500 on total calories ingested any day. Use myfitnesspal or wolframalpha to calculate the calories from each food/portion. As long you're not eating processed or refined shit or alcohol, you're good to go. As always, veggies, milk and eggs are your friends and should be the basis of your diet.

> On the weekend I like to treat myself by drinking 2 - 4 light beers and eating sliced cheese and crackers.
This is usually good. I'm not a fan of watery beer, tho... Treat yourself some IPA or stout...

> 1/2

> do 20 pushups every other day, 100 crunches every other day, and 1x15 curls of 20 lb dumb bells every other day
That's way way too little for gains. If you're skinny like you're telling, you should hop on some good barbell strength routine asap. There are plenty of options above, pick one and stick with it.

> I still have slight stomach flabbiness
Nothing short of expected. Not everyone get good abs easily. Especially not if one is doing so little strength exercise like yourself.

On the case you're poor and not able to pay for a gym, there's below a short list of exercises you should master. Look up on lib.gen for Pavel Tsatsouline "The Naked Warrior". It's a not so short but very high yield read on what you need to get fit.

Now the list, from the most to the least important:
> Chin-ups
> Dips/Push-ups (do dips once you get strong enough)
> Wall/Handstand Push-ups
> Planks/L-sits/Levers
> Inverted rows
> Find something heavy and squat/deadlift it.
You should do it for max effort 3x a week, and the other days you do push-ups and chin-ups for frequency method: 50% of your max reps 5 or 6 times through out the day, increasing 1 rep every week.

You're not skinnyfat by the looks of that. Cut if you want chiseled abs.

I don't know how tall you are, how much you lift... and essentially, all the info I could give you is already on and other posts...

You should not be a faggot and make up for yourself which route you will take, and stick with it. Hard work and consistency trumps everything else.

5'9'' 170lbs

BP:170lbs SQ:230lbs DL:260lbs OHP:125lbs

bump

Cut and PHUL.

Do yourself a favor and focus on upper body primarily in your workouts. The more muscle you gain up top the better you'll look over all.

This is good advice.

I'm doing a version of 5/3/1

If it's not BBB, likely not enough volume as you would be able handle.

>belly fat and minor gyno
lift, cut and go to doctors for surgery?

Bump

It's called 2suns531

Who are yiu talking to

does clean bulk mean not eating over 500 calories TDEE? or does it also mean not to eat McD's everyday

6x a week? I wish I had that much time available to lift...

I just started this as a borderline intermediate. The first two weeks my lifts have been jumping up pretty nice, has it done well for you? I added 10lbs on my bench each of the last two weeks on a cut.

bump good thread

That sounds good, I'll take a look into this routine too