As a complete beginner, how much were you able to lift one month after you started?

As a complete beginner, how much were you able to lift one month after you started?

couldn't squat the bar

Depends where you start from and what's your past.

A skeleton will lift less than a fatty that used to play hockey as a kid.

everyones different , just lift what you can handle .

3/2/1.5/.75

I was/ am fat though.

Went from 95 squat to 205
105 bench to 135
105 diddly to 225
......65 ohp to 80.....
And I'm not quite at a month yet.

Thank you for saying this.

>couldn't take squat past 95 because of hip aids
>benched 85 with godawful form
>135 diddly because muh grip
>no idea what you're doing
>no idea what grinding is

It wasn't too bad.

40kg OHP
60kg Bench
80kg Squat
100kg Deadlift

Started with the bar, now all my lifts are in the 30-35kg range, looking way better with better posture and overall body looks.

Started in the end of december, had some pauses due to illness so im still pretty dyel and skelly.

185 cm
80 kg

in lbs

Dead: 175 lbs
Squat: 125 lbs
Bench: 85 lbs
Row: 75 lbs
OHP: 65 lbs

not im 3 months in and

Dead: 265 lbs
Squat: 220 lbs
Bench: 130 lbs
Row: 130 lbs
Press: 115 lbs

wow your press seems super close to your bench. do you have huge shoulders?

35 seems very low for "all your lifts". A complete beginner should be able to squat 35 from the get go.

he is probably some of those ultra skellies with arms thinner than the bar. I have seen those. Im pretty sure they should have traded gym membership for food and come back later.

I've always found OHP really easy, I do have pretty large shoulders compared to my chest, and arms.

probably cheating yourself on press or shit form on bench, fix either of those, should be able to bench 175 easily if things were proportional

I'm 1 month into strength training but I did occasional light weights for endurance previously:

>DL 95kg
>Squat 75kg
>Bench 47.5
>OHP 30
>Pendlay 42.5

Legs are improving every time, bench and pendlay are slow progress and OHP has literally stalled since week 2.

Maybe a 95lb bench and a 1pl8 squat.

>manlet reporting

I didnt do deads until about a year in. Too scared.

I always focus on form. Ive watched lots of videos on form for bench and OHP, I even had asked a guy who benched 3 plates to watch my form, he said it was solid.

>OHP has literally stalled since week 2.
How do I avoid this?

volume, and do a linear progression of 2.5 lbs not 5.

im not leaning back when I press if thats what you mean...

I weighed like 115 pounds, complete skellington mode.
I think I diddlylifted about 125 pounds, squatted 90 pounds, benched around 65 pounds and OHP'd the bar.

Don't remember what I was after a month, but when I started I squatted 135lbs for reps, benched 95lbs for reps, and deadlift max was 225. Took maybe 3 months to get my squat up to 225lbs for reps because I was at a caloric deficit the first 8 months I lifted.

135 squat
75 bench
225 deadlift
Current numbers are:
240 bench
375 squat
440 deadlift
176lbs, 18 y/o, 5'8" (hoping to get down to 166)

About a 10 lb more for my deadlifts, 5 lb more on preachers/bench/curls