>WW2!

Shut the fuck up about the Holocaust, I'm sick of fucking hearing about it

>Bullying Tolkien

still better than people who read """historical fiction""" desu
at least there's like four or so fantasy works that are actually worth reading

So are we

>reading at all

You read the OP

Plenty of good historical fiction. A Tale of Two Cities, Richard III, I Claudius, War and Peace.

Then stop bringing it up fuckwit

Not the same user

>LALALALA I dont listen LALALLA
autist lefty spoted

>I love history!
>treats complicated historic events like they're chapters in a fantasy novel with good guys (their ancestors) and bad guys

>he doesn’t revel in the kino dynamic of bad guy vs bad guy that is so prevalent in history

Flashman is GOAT though

Guy looks like a complete lad. Tell me more

You can do all you want after you go back to europe.

America belongs to Amerindians. Time to face the facts.

Basically, an extreme coward through sheer luck and cunning becomes a celebrated military hero. His skills include him being perhaps the greatest womanizer in the 19th century (bedding the likes of Lola Montez, Queen Ranavalona of Madagascar and Rani Lakshmibai), being able to escape out a window with his pants around his ankles, and a penchant for learning languages.
Through his life, he lives through many of the British Empire's most famous campaign, though not due to fault of his own. He serves in the 1st Afghan War, accidentally becoming a national hero, while trying to surrender to the Pathans, he was at the Battle of Balaclava, finding himself unlucky enough to be involved in not only the Charge of the Light and Heavy Brigades, but also The Thin Red Line.
He was at the siege Cawnpore and Lucknow, and lived through the horros of the Mutiny, he was with the Army in China in 1860, and much more.
The defining element is his extreme cowardice, always looking to save his own skin, but still he gets embroiled in some of the bloodiest conflicts in 19th century. Another important topic throughout all the books is his taste in women.

My favorite part though, is that they're all meticulously researched, and involve so many figures from the period (Bismarck, James Brooke, Disraeli, Custer, and many more) all acting according to what is known about them, with Flashman's thoughts about their behavior on top.
The books are also framed as an actual historical source, found in 1960's, and "Flashman's" account supposedly sheds light on many previously unknown events (for example the death of Alexander Burnes, which is somewhat unclear to us, but which Flashman saw with his own eyes).

>I love history
>Watches documentaries

Flashman himself is also just a plain funny guy, and his commentary on British culture, people, and foreigners is absolutely hilarious.

The entirety of the series is written from Flashman's point of view, here's an example of him talking about the Taiping Rebellion:

>I must tell you that they were another of those incredible phenomena that made China the topsy-turvey mess it was, like some fantastic land from Gulliver, where everything was upside down and out of kilter. Talk about moonbeams and cucumbers; the Taipings were even dafter than that.

Finally, Flashman is not politically correct AT ALL. So if you can't bear quite an amount of old-fashioned Victorian racism, don't read it.

no i have been caught

back 2 back WW champs!

>Loves History
>Claims that Sub-Saharan Africans have one in spite of lacking a written language

Not to mention the author based Flashman off some dude who used to bully him in secondary school.

>America belongs to an already extinct race

>So if you can't bear quite an amount of old-fashioned Victorian racism, don't read it.
It fits the character so well I think the book would be worse if you took it out. It really sets the "I'm a pompous fuck from the British Empire" scene.

See this you retard. The Americas now belong to the white man, half-breed mulatos in Latin America who carry some of that Amerindian blood, and unfortunately black people to an extent.

Wrong. There are millions of Amerindians living in South America in cities, villages and small settlements. Millions living in mesoamerica, and certain NorthAmerica's zones. And I'm not counting the ammount of mestizos with more than 60% Amerindian blood.

America belongs to Amerindians. The Amerindian genocide will never EVER be forgotten.