Veeky Forums, what are good methods of preventing/getting rid of acne? Been drinking loads of water...

Veeky Forums, what are good methods of preventing/getting rid of acne? Been drinking loads of water, taking hot and cold showers, using benzo peroxide (not sure if it's a meme or not), and eating healthier.
It's annoying the shit out of me lately because none of my friends have it.

Also, person behind me is the person who indirectly inspired me to go to the gym.

Cloudy with a chance of gainz

Having superior genetics is a foolproof way, you lowly fuck

You look like the dude from ratatouille. The rat.

Literally in the same boat as you. It's like people who don't even give a fuck about their skin seem to have the clearest faces. Shit sucks man

do what I did

need some?

Very constructive guys, thanks.

I used it for over a year, but it never helped.

Stop taking hot showers tard.

in the same boat as yyou, didnt really get acne till 18 now im 20 still get it but i got some antibiotics so hopefully that helps if not ill go get acutane

quit touching your face, shower more frequently, and change your pillowcase/bedsheets every 3 days

"Also, person behind me is the person who indirectly inspired me to go to the gym."

Get the following things
low pH cleanser
pH adjusting toner
AHA/BHA
Light moisturizing serum (snail mucin for example)
Moisturizing cream

Don't tear your face up with all these harsh products. Cerave, Cetaphil, and Paula's choice are all good options. Try not to put anything on your face with a pH higher than 7

apple cider vinegar, black soap, tea tree oil, witch hazel, and oxy pads

or what this girl did, depending on the source of acne

Forgot pic

>wearing an inch of makeup
>thanks bunch of meme shit except water

try differin, if that doesn't work get two topical prescriptions, one for tazorac, one for aczone. If that fails to work get on accutane.

Memes don't help, shit like cleaning your pillows, magic face washes, or burning yourself with acid constantly. You need the medicine that they want to charge buttloads of money for to get "results" unless you are just a super dirty motherfucker, in which case bath once in a while.

what game is he playing?

Go to Dermatologist

Ask about Accutane

I said hot and cold. I end with cold every time

supplement yourself with zinc and vitamin D, A, E, and C. You probably have a shit diet and deficiencies in some or all of those. Get your copper levels tested if you have insurance, but don't supplement it unless your doctor tells you to and follow their instructions because excess copper can fuck you up.

shit clears me up over night. i'm breaking out like crazy from quitting alcohol a few months ago though so it might be different. I ended up ordering way too much shit by accident.

Been making an effort to not touch my face.

Thank you guys

It's possible I have a shit diet, but I try to eat a decent protein-filled lunch and dinner, and a salad every day. I will be cutting out most sugary shit like dessert. Hopefully that may help.

The latest Persona game I think

Hot water is actually bad for the skin and can worsen acne issues if you're acne prone. Also, the majority of acne products are not going to help because you'll continually strip and damage your protective dead epidermis layers which will lead to MORE breakouts. Honestly just use natural products.

Wash face morning & night, I'd suggest using a charcoal bar (not a scrub) that's all natural (could be purchased at Lush). Also, I'd suggest using tea tree oil and witch hazel. Use a swisper (make up section at any store, near qtips usually) to apply and let dry.

Do you have dry, oily, or combo skin?

There's also some dietary changes you can make to help but for some people that's not feasible or worth it.

Acutane isn't a cure all. Dries the skin out soooooo badly and the hormones in it WILL cause some weight gain.

literally wrong, accutane will have no impact on his testosterone levels nor will it promote weight gain.

Idk bruh I've been on it and that's what the doc said

Why y'all trying so hard to use medications for a natural issue anyway. He can literally clear his skin with cheaper and natural options.

>natural options
What does this mean

His moisture barrier is probably the issue. Just needs pH balanced products and lots of hydration

Means not opting for the chemicals and meds dude, why the hell you think acne persists into people's 30s these days? Fucking wrecking the skin's natural state.

My skin is sooooo much better now that I'm only using vegan products (which hey fuck animals who cares but damn shit is life).

this is why I never listen to women about health advice, or fitness, or advice in general.

I mean my skin is probably better than yours so...

I usually have oily skin. I wash my face with cold water in the morning because I hate how it looks and feels

Also, should I just take cold showers always?

A lot of these popular products are wrecking the skins natural state by screwing up the skin pH which should be slightly acidic. The stuff they market to teenagers is particularly horrible, stripping and basic, destroys their skin.

I've jumped on the Korean skincare hype and my skin is the best it has ever been. Snail mucus, horse oil, goats milk, sake ferment filtrate are natural, not all vegan though. However, I can't think of a natural alternative to an AHA/BHA which some people benefit from.

Go to a doctor and get a Retin-a/tretinoin cream

Use a luke warm, cold skin will close your pores up (and is how you should end doing a steam session if you ever do one of those).

For oily skin you should honesty limit dairy intake as much as possible and see if that aids in things, but defs get on the charcoal/witch hazel/tea tree train.

If a pimple pops, put some antibiotic ointment on it to stop the bacteria spread from adding to more breakouts.

But honestly you should check out Lush products (just because they're free of the "filler" stuff added to beauty products that harms skin). They give out free samples too! You can get 4 samples with online orders :D (google it to find out how lol)

Also dude what kind of shampoo are you using?

The Korean stuff is all soooo much better than what we have in the USA, but doesn't work for all skin types :(

There ARE some differences in skin comp based on ethnicity. :/

I use OGX argan oil a couple times a month because I used to do it too much and it dried my scalp. Thanks again

Do you condition too? Could be an issue with scalp being out of whack adding to oil production.

Also personally I do a hair wash 4 days of the week but condition daily and it works!

and NP dude!

Lush uses a lot of sulfates, dyes and fragrances in a bunch of their products. I line the coffee scrub for my keratosis piloris though

Yeah I condition. I'll try that, but maybe 2-3 times a week

They literally don't tho senpai.

that has to be a meme, tea tree oil will fuck your shit up and the rest dry you up to hell and back, so you'd need an amazing moisturizer to combat that

If anything, this thread shows how little people know about skincare

Do your own research, people. Chemistry and biology go hand in hand.

Would exfoliation help at all?

Of your hair? Like a de-scaler?

Of my face. I've never tried it before

Not much you can do if you're genetically prone to acne. You can only minimize the damage. Just practice good hygiene, use a little moisturizer and benzoyls peroxide, and some light sunscreen during the day.

All you can do is wait for the acne vaccine to finish its testing stages and be approved for the market.

Don't use physical exfoliation, a lot are way to harsh for the face. Those apricot scrubs and the like just cause micro tears to the skin. Use a toner and an AHA or BHA, you'll definitely need a moisturiser in conjunction though.

As long as you don't have any whiteheads that might break, a really gentle exfoliating scrub once or twice a week would be good, but honestly doing a steam treatment might be better for where your skin is at right now (want to limit damage done to your protective layers).

Be mindful of how your skin reacts to things too, number one is going to be just doing the twice a day face washes. I'd honestly do the tea tree/witch hazel about 3/4 days a week as you notice how oily you are.

>fell for the all natty skincare meme
>get a routine going
>few weeks in
>skin is the worst it's been since high school (had really bad acne)
>bro it takes a bit for it to adjust
>wait a little longer
>no change
>just getting worse
>hop back on Kiehls green bottle cleanser thing that I was using
>back to the oil free moisturizer I was using
>clean skin in LITERALLY a week
Why are women so susceptible to the tricks of (((them)))? It's seriously pathetic

Natural means nothing. It's all a marketing scheme.

never go to bed without washing your face, stop touching your face, stick with a skin care routine for at least 2 weeks before deciding it 'doesn't work', find any free site that tells you your skin type and use that to find corresponding routines that could work for you. Skin care is all about trial and error because everyone here could give you advice, but none of them probably have the same skin type as you.

Probs because it works though? The thing is that you've got to know and understand what kind of skin YOU have and cater to that.

Repeating the same thing over and over but expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

There is a lot of dumb natural routines out there.

>people put lemon juice on their face
>put baking soda on their face
>shred their skin to bits using tiny sharp pieces of """"natural"""" nut shells
>cinnamon on face
>steaming face

Are you Kramer from Seinfeld

Yeah dude I can read. Cut that shit out. Only do cold. Hot just irritates your face.

Will do

I very well may be