What physical activities do you do besides lifting?

>What physical activities do you do besides lifting?
>Why do you do them?

Elaborate more if you want, I'm interested.

Me:
>Pic related
>Cardio, keep my muscles confused, I enjoy travelling long distances without a car

I actually lift besides doing jiu jitsu

>Why do you do them?
It's healthy to live a healthy lifestyle

>muscles confused

literally nothing unless taking walks counts
because I like walking outside and getting some fresh air

Is the Jitz worth it if you have no intention whatsoever of doing it professionally?

Hardly anyone makes a living doing jj so yeah, it is. It's fun, you meet a lot of people, get to compete, etc. Just don't fall for the self defense and no-gi memes

Actually doing it professionally is exactly what takes the fun out of it. I know it's a meme concept, but holy shit trust me it's true in this case.

>ITT

HIIT walking nigga, severely underrated. And walking in general.

I'm heavily considering a full contact sport, but I wasn't sure which. Then a friend of mine got into BJJ and started filling my head, I'm curious.

>HIIT
I'm definitely giving that a try.

>but holy shit trust me it's true in this case
I know. I'd hate to do it all day, every day. This way I just do it twice a day (most of the time it's just two sessions in a row) and that's that

People who run their own academies, top black belts, etc - fuck that

Unironically second to none in terms of overall fun. It sucks a little at first when you don't know wtf you're doing, but once you're decent it's just fucking fun.

Muay Thai, swim, and judo.

>>What physical activities do you do besides lifting?
trail running
>>Why do you do them?
i enjoy running alone in the woods

I play club water polo.

It gives me the opportunity to test my strength against other alpha men, and keeps me in check during my training.

Also it's fun as fuck goddammit.

>water polo
>alpha men
lol

Lacrosse.
Soccer.
Cycling.
So much cardio.
And then I lift for strength.

I do them cause I like being healthy.

Swimming.
I can't lift right now because of my Bulged disc.
It's only a temporary set back.

How'd you bulged your disk? It's one of my greatest fears

Cycling

>Why do you do them?

I race a lot. It's good for un fucking your body from all the damage cycling does, also the leg and core strength has really helped me on the track.

I deadlifted with incorrect form due to not knowing my legs where internally rotated.

Any Veeky Forums approved activities I should pick up?

I want to lift 3 days per week and do cardio multiple times throughout the week when I can. I longboard for that does get your heart rate up but what other things should I do?

>judges water polo
>has never played water polo

Hockey, like a true Canadian.

>I longboard for cardio
That's not cardio you faggot.
Water Polo is gayer than AIDS in the 80s.

I came off the wrong way. I do cardio, BUT I longboard on the side too and it gets your heart rate up too. I'm talking about activities

Soccer
>Why do you do them?
Because I enjoy it

>soccer
Football.

I get too bored riding a bike. I like running more but biking is easier on my knees.

Hikes and sex, added bonus will keep your lady from getting fat without her going to the gym

Graeco-Roman wrestling. Looking to get into boxing.

I play golf and hike. Got into tennis recently to see if I could get a nice sporty ass out of it.

I've been playing golf for years because it's fun and hiking is relaxing.

I don't lift.

>Run 5-6 days a week.

Ran a marathon a month ago. Got up to one three sixty mile weeks (out sick for a week) then one fifty mile week and five sixty mile weeks followed by a three week taper.

Now that I'm back to recreational training its more like 30-35~ mile weeks and I try to do dips or pull-ups after my runs about 4-5 times a week.

Pretty fun, I'm teaching english in Korea and there's a gigantic, beautiful river trail two blocks from my apartment. Very pretty.

I tried getting into weight lifting in the past and while I liked how I looked you can really only do one (weight lifting or running) well at a time. Of course I could do both, just not at a higher level. And I really like the way running makes me feel and I love the outdoors.

Yeah I know, I use football myself, but don't want to confuse all the burgers

I enjoy playing piano alot. Really sensisitive and romantic pieces helps getting pussy every now and then.

Hi skelly.

>physical activities

6'3''

Everyone in East Asia is skelly by default so I'm still much bigger than the average person here (although that wouldn't necessarily be the case back home).

MMA. Right now I'm training Kickboxing and Muay Thai specifically to get my striking better. In addition I run every now and then, play some Rugby, fuck around with a Slackline. Soon enough I'll start Boxing and Swimming again.

>Why do you do them
No idea. At first it started as a "I should learn something useful whilst lifting" but at this point I do it mechanically, it just keeps me balanced enough so I don't lose it. Stopped bedding women, stopped stressing myself about shit that was robbing me of sleep before, stopped worrying about the future in a crippling, depressive way and doing something besides simply lifting has helped.

It basically bends me back into shape, slowly and surely.

>>I longboard not cardio
Now explain how is that not a cardio if your heart rate go past 90bpm? Maybe if you just slide downhill, but just fucking try and ride mf board for a couple of hours.

you might be trolling

BJJ and boxing.
>Why do you do them?
More or less what said. I'm coming off a bad break up and this is keeping me sane and productive.

Repost that pic you dummy I saw that.

Don't want my face on the internet m8

I'll crop and repost.

>inb4 I look like shit

I surf about 3-4 times a week, pretty much everytime the conditions are right.

It's nice getting in the saltwater and feeling it on my skin early in the morning

He may be a "skeleton" but he's going to age better and live at least 10 years longer than you.

I just hike on my days off if the weather is nice. I tried swimming laps this week but I am awful at it and lose my breath extremely easily even with 1-2 laps.

here you go

one more time

>6'3''
>185 lbs
>took this during my marathon training while running 60 mile weeks
>ran a sub-three hour marathon

no bully pls

what in life can fuck you up enough that you decide to go into a gym to get beaten up? besides a shitty break-up

You look alright, you dummy. It's not Veeky Forums Adonis by any standards, don't delude yourself, but it's a healthy ottermode that a lot of fatties or lanklets try to achieve. If you reduced your bf% by a tiny bit you'd look even better, bro.

Chopping trees, cleaning up woods with machete, planting fruit trees, digging holes, putting fertilizers in a rubber estate, basically a Harvest Moon life.
Why do it? Probably because this is the only thing that i can do rn after dropping out of college. Not sure about continuing study just to become a wagecuck and im loving my current life. Btw great forearm workout though.

Same way it gets you into lifting.
Or chopping trees.

Muay Thai, running and bjj.

>Why do you do them?

I like to hit people and to throw them around. I made many good friends thanks to that. I also love cardio.

i dont lift, but sometimes when its summer i go cycle for a day and explore the region, shit gets boring when theres no new roads to go through but i guess it helps me not an hero.

Lots of boxing, with some of the drills including leg work for lulz despite kicks being banned in actual fights obviously.
>why
Breddy gud for upper body strength and aesthetics in the long run, also HIIT bag work is a silly fun way to blow off some steam, and I work security in a club on the weekends so knowing how to comb some cheeky cunt a new side part without actually breaking his face and getting sued is useful kek

Oh and I unironically do quite a lot of yoga but dats kinda super gay tbqfh, just helps with an old injury and general flexibility.

Boxing, running, hunting and fishing.

Pretty much anything that will be useful after SHTF.

Why would you use that axe? Fellow mountain hermit here, please go buy yourself a nice gransfors and stop trying to break your wrist.

I have a rather thicc gf that I haul around a lot during sex depending on how feisty we go at it, GOAT physical activity lel

>Scuba diving
Because it always interested me. It might not seem like much exercise, and speaking quite frankly, I notice more benefits from running and lifting when I dive than vice versa. None the less, it is still swimming, just not very fast.
>Bicycling
Main means of commuting - With the price on diesel here, I'm best off not driving too much, and only bring out the car for bigger shopping trips and the likes.
>Running
Used to be too fat to do it, and as I'm of rather simple mind, the novelty of being able to do it hasn't really worn off yet. The runner's high is great too.
>Rowing and hiking
As means of getting about when I'm out hunting. The going isn't awfully fast, but it goes, and some times it goes on for real long.

Swimming and tennis because theyre fun as fuck. I could go 3 hours without minding the time and fatigue

Kayaking.

The drive of competition.

tfw archery

Thats the only one given to me to use. Most axes in my country only have steel handle if im not mistaken. Anyway what I've learned is that im not suppose to grip the axe really hard because you know 3rd law of newton and stuff.

Keeping up with my 3 sons. 12 11 and 9.

Things like soccer bike riding swimming hockey.

It never ends man.

What exactly do you do, user? As in, your job title or whatever?

>Pickup sports
Soccer football and ultimate Frisbee are fun because I work on a college campus currently.
>A little rock climbing
I'm about to move and there's about rock climbing gym with freeweights across the street from my office so I'll be there every day, lifting and climbing.
>bodyweight/calisthenics
Every morning I do a 30 minute stretching and calisthenics routine, trying to get to full splits and front lever, planche pushups, and free standing handstand pushups.

Climbing is literally the best sport and best hobby

Judo is pretty good too, i did it for a number of years. Similar to BJJ but you got throws as well, still plenty of groundwork. I remember when i started back after a few years break and damn my abs were in bits with DOMS for days. Good times

i mean, you can get to a level where your pieces are physically demanding. Like in Shine when he passes out after playing Rachmaninoff's 3rd piano concerto. That's high level stuff but it can be really taxing.

also
>playing piano with your mind because it's not a physical activity

>cardio

>basketball
>snowboarding
>hiking
>sprinting
>golf (walking)
>boxing
>bicycling
>yoga
>swimming
>sex
>boxing
>surfing
>baseball batting cages

I go only occasionally at the college gym, but I'll be going every day once I move. How do you incorporate it into your workout schedule? What kind of shoes do you recommend?

And you lift in addition to these? What's your opinion on bodyweight stuff?

I'm going overseas in a few months and my gym membership expired. I kind of don't want to have to renew it and spend the money and waste gains etc. Do you think it'd be a good idea to try doing a bodyweight routine for the next few months?

I'm about to start climbing regularly, hoping the increased grip strength is gonna help my deadlifts, and help my tiny forearms.

>Every morning I do a 30 minute stretching and calisthenics routine
Can you post a resource?

Yes I do. I had gotten to the point where I could do 1/2/3/4 for reps, and going past that felt like asking for injury to me.
So I've been maintaining those lifts, and I started doing the basic progressions on the bodyweight stuff (got the pdfs from bodyweight general) and doing a stretching program that progresses to full splits. I've basically been using a PPLrestPPLrest training schedule, and I do fewer accessories to compensate for my morning bodyweight stuff. I still hit the big 4 with free weights.
No idea how I'm gonna factor in rock climbing on the daily though.

I mean, bodyweight is better than nothing but the really challenging stuff takes months to build to.

Go to bodyweight general threads and grab the beginners planche progression, front lever, and handstand guides. Throw in a stretching progression that builds to full splits, and do the stretching from the sticky.

I'm a lacrosse goalie, but lifting us always in my heart 100%

>lifting us always in my heart 100%

So are you saying you do the bodyweight stuff in the morning, or at the gym during your PPL sessions? Are you just doing it to become more flexible?

What resources do you use? I know there's that Kinobody dude on youtube who's fucking shredded, but IDK much about him really.

Thanks for the reply.

I do the bodyweight and stretching when I wake up, yeah. Then I typically lift at night after work.
I'm not gonna claim this is optimal, it's just what I do.
I wanted to pickup some stuff that I could do outside the gym. And bodyweight stuff is great for showing off. My gf loves watching me do my bodyweight routine. And I like the idea of greater control and flexibility.

I literally just grabbed the training book pdfs from /bwg/, go lurk those threads.

Yeaht thanks, I'll keep an eye out for them.

I should add, I'm a skelly atm (176cm and 71kg last I checked, though could be lower now). This is part of the reason I'm kind of adverse to starting lifting again - I know bulking and increasing lifts takes consistency and time (year ago I was 80kg and actually reasonably strong), and if I train for 3 months then travel for 4...well it's all gonna go down the drain. But if I do bodyweight stuff I might be able to gain some definition and even continue with it while travelling? What do you think?

I would say you're better off working out at a mcgym of some kind that has locations all over you can access with a membership, like 24 hour fitness or planet fitness or something. I feel like most people who claim they'll keep up with a bodyweight routine fail to, and it's much more difficult to get progressive overload, especially if you're a skelly.

I'm Australia and going to Europe, so unfortunately I don't think that'll work. But might consider getting a membership again, and doing a quick, fairly hard bulk before August with linear progression. Cos I'm almost certain to lose weight travelling.

Thanks for your help tho.

Basketball 2-3 times per week
outdoor running

>Why do you do them?
I grew up on basketball. Love watching it, playing it, talking about it. I love the camaraderie aspect of it too. I know a lot of guys around town just from playing pickup with them.

>tfw you swish a 3 or thread a bounce pass to a cutter

As for running, I do it 100% for the feeling. I started out doing it to improve my CV health and endurance, but now it's solely for the runners high. I run alone at night, its very introspective.

Just helping out with my grandfather's abandoned estate. Dont get any income from doing this but rn i want to learn how to rubber tapping just to get a little bit money.

Hiking
Because I like to know my surroundings, I enjoy being in the nature and seeing the landscapes

Actually it's the only physical activity I do

lifting + capoeira + some tricking.
the perfect balance.