Are pic related a decent substitute for bench press?

Are pic related a decent substitute for bench press?
I'm home from uni now and there's no gym in my town, what are some good substitutes for the big compounds?

All I can do now is pull ups, push ups, dips, and have up to 25lb dumbells

Maybe. I am inclined to think no.

One time I asked my gf to sit on my upper back to see if I could do a push up with her there. She weighs like 125, and I bench 185. I found it really hard. I think I only got a few reps in.

dont forget your own weight

There aren't any with only 25lb dumbbells.

If I were in your case, I work towards 1 arm press ups and finish the workout with flyes laying on the floor

sure. depends on your goals. pushups and dips (with adequate resistance - weights, harder progressions etc.) will definitely lead to a higher bench. the opposite is not the case though. if you want to get stronger these would be a fine choice for pushing.

I feel stupid for even asking this, but skateboard squats are most certainly useless right?

weighted vest is a better idea.

>OP doesn't even own a fucking barbell
>"just use your weighted vest bro!"

>dont forget your own weight

Oh shit. Of course. Thanks user.

he's already mentioned pull ups, push ups and dips.

I think he's worked out that he weighs something. dumbass

>ink he's worked out that he weighs something. dumbass

Nope! I hadnt. Thats how dumb I am. Thanks for sticking up for me tho I guess.

How are you going to get the pl8s onto and off your back?

Do you have a reliable home gym bro to do it for you?

>Are pic related a decent substitute for bench press?
Yes

Pushups are different mostly due to technique. You could program a minimalist progression fairly easily (really easily if you have gymnastics rings) and at the very least maintain in all likelihood.

I'm inclined to recommend weighted dips tho. Also if you do do weighted pushups the weights ought to go on your lower back, they don't rest well on your upper. You can check the pushing force with some scales.

Do fist pushups, makes less use of you lower body and puts more weight onto the pecs. Harder for sure and you can really feel it in the pecs

Weighted dips, chin ups and hand stand push op for upper body.

Just put them on the ground, lay down on top of them and roll over, you fucking retard.

Just make sure your pecs het a good grip on the weights before turn around.

You dont want to look like a fuckin idiot dropping them

I actually unironically do this because I have fuck all space for my own kit and all the gyms in my town are retarded cardio nonsense with nothing greater than a 10kg dumbell.

So a few tips:

Load up and get into position with some scales under your hands. This will give you a rough approximation of how much weight you are actually pushing.

If you've got a heavy duty rucksack then you can load that up and wear it. Doesn't even have to be plates you put in it.

Also it's worth mentioning that it doesn't give you quite the same ROM as bench unless you elevate your hands off the ground. You can use some dumbells or just some books or whatever for that.

Also this. If you put your hands in the same position as what you would when benching you can get a much closer feel than with normal pressups.

I was like pic related all day today. No I'm happy. Thanks Veeky Forums

don't wanna start a thread so I'll just ask here

How do I lose the flab off of my thighs ?

I'm slim/athletic but am quite pear-shaped due to flabby thighs.

Will squats or bike riding help?

you count your own weight in squats aswell? lmao pussy

They are a decent bodyweight exercise if you're going for high reps, but do not at all translate well with a barbell squat.

Bike, Run.

Work your glutes and quads.

That'll get rid of your fat on your legs.

And also, flat-footed hindu squats, I've found, are a good bodyweight exercise that translates well with barbells while also getting a full body movement. With the exception of pull-chin ups and dips, bodyweight movements are terrible for strength because you cannot efficiently progressively load them. But they are fine for explosiveness and overall conditioning.

thanks, friend!

If counting ~75% of your bodyweight makes you a pussy, then you never even tried getting off your couch.

literally get a back pack and fill it with rocks n shit.

read the fucking sticky

>spot reduction
kys

Why do you need a bench to do a bench press? Just do it on the floor.

You can also elevate your legs. Also do pushups between chairs.