What shorts is Conor wearing and how does he get his back muscles so big?

What shorts is Conor wearing and how does he get his back muscles so big?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wmH7W6B4iYg
youtube.com/watch?v=f0OP-sV8rZ4
expertboxing.com/boxing-training/boxing-workouts/why-lifting-weights-wont-increase-punching-power
youtube.com/watch?v=tRwkJpjdpDA
journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2012/10000/The_Effects_of_Resistance_Training_on_Explosive.5.aspx
bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/5/12095374/jon-jones-blames-ufc-197-performance-on-powerlifting
youtube.com/watch?v=cvhahM3VP3I
muscleprodigy.com/jon-jones-workout/
youtube.com/watch?v=vQ-6qrhd_7s
youtube.com/watch?v=2DO2huOyEJc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he does some bw exercises like headstand, muscleups and single leg squats.
never seen him do any weights though

probably lots of pullups/muscle ups

weights fucks up your mobility. That is why his training is mostly Body Weight.

>
jujimufu

>weights fuck up your mobility
I wish the mods would start banning broscience posters

[citation needed]

youtube.com/watch?v=wmH7W6B4iYg

>jujimufu
he is only posing not a real athlete.

it is not broscience it is a fact

How are flips a pose?

hmmm...

youtube.com/watch?v=f0OP-sV8rZ4

Only if you don't do mobility training you dip

Then please cite your fucking source, and a video of a bodybuilder running on a beach is not an actual source

In real fight he will not do a shit. Especially in MMA , kick boxing or any king of full body movement and contact sports.
When you lift the muscle get stronger, but to push and pull stuff, the fighter dont need to push or pull he need agility and be mobile. When I was training for kickboxing I only did bench press everything else was movement. Shit tons of running and body weight, the gym rats that decide to go training where more bigger and buffer than me, but they lack of any movement, 2-3 minutes of light attacks, making them wanna hit me hard, they start to trying to reach me, but they couldnt extend there hands, the movement of the shoulders where terrible, and the kicks too they even cant raise there leg for 30seconds above there belly bottom. So they got tired fast and I start punching hard till they give up.

Lifting weights makes you healthy, but your muscles become stiff and your mobility is disturbed because in bodybuilding they are concentrated and they get stiff.

>trying to prove your point with even more broscience and personal anecdotes

expertboxing.com/boxing-training/boxing-workouts/why-lifting-weights-wont-increase-punching-power

Why Lifting Weights Won’t Increase Punching Power
>REASON #1 – Punching is a snapping motion, NOT a pushing motion
>REASON #2 – Powerful Punches Require Relaxation, NOT Strong Muscles
>REASON #3 – Lifting Weights Can Decrease Your Muscle Relaxation Capacity
>REASON #4 – The Weight Behind Your Punches Is NOT Your Muscle
>REASON #5 – Punching Power Doesn’t Guarantee Damage Delivered

See havy boxer traing what it looks. It is training for mobility
youtube.com/watch?v=tRwkJpjdpDA

I have my own personal anecdote which I will stand by. I did martial arts for a few years and the training was so intense that mixing with lifting was almost impossible. We had guys in the gym that were competing at European levels. Very good fighters, strict training and strict diet from the sensei and even those guys had little to no weight training. When you have at least 4 training days per week, at least 2 hours per session of high endurance work it gets very heavy on your body. Not to mention when you get ready for your next belt or start to prep for competition. The volume doubles easily. Plus, every day you get at least 1 match with some other guy in the gym - full contact but avoiding the face. If you think this is easy then please, join a martial arts gym.

Ok so your first argument was that weight training lowers mobility, but now you're talking about why weight training is unproductive for fighters? Fuck my ass Jesus, this is getting frustrating, either way:

>that fucking article
>no citations
>no science
>no studies
>all personal conclusions based on anecdotes

But the point I think he's trying to make is that weight training doesn't increase explosivity, in which case he's also wrong: journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2012/10000/The_Effects_of_Resistance_Training_on_Explosive.5.aspx

>See havy boxer traing what it looks. It is training for mobility
That's not even training for mobility, that's for core stability and endurance. Do you even know what mobility is?

I'm not arguing about what the most sensible way for fighters to train is, the reason I got involved in the argument was because some fuckwit posted nonensical broscience

>so big

that's called "bad posture", user.

Did you not see the video of the greatest mma fighter of all time deadlifting 600lbs?

>Punching is a snapping motion, NOT a pushing motion
Western "Queensbury Rules" style boxing isn't a snapping motion. It is really a pushing motion.

How do you explain the video of Clarence doin Cirque du Soleil shit?

I don't think you researched that much

bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/5/12095374/jon-jones-blames-ufc-197-performance-on-powerlifting

Lifting for long periods is not effective for fighting, just like fighting is not effective for heavy lifting.

>>Powerlifting’s a problem. He gasses. I only want to do an I-told-you-so dance right now," Jackson said.

>>"He looked a lot bigger, but he also looked a lot slower. He looked like he tired a little faster," Cormier said, on the other hand.

>>Upon his reinstatement into the UFC in late 2015, Jones focused more on strength building, and began deadlifting as much as 585 pounds. But apparently, he himself admitted that it may have played a factor in his lackluster performance against OSP.

>>In a recent media event in Los Angeles ahead of UFC 200, "Bones" revealed that he has done "almost zero" weightlifting for this current training camp.

Worth mentioning that this was the first time he started lifting, after his layoff and initial ban (His 8 title defensive were without lifting)

Guys be real here, I know a lot of you here see lifting as the be all and end all, but for a shit tonne of dynamics sports is essentially either useless or extremely detrimental

youtube.com/watch?v=cvhahM3VP3I

This type of training is much more effective.
People here can't truly believe that that lifting will help them with dynamic movement?

Honestly, without yourself being biased cause you lift as your primary mode of fitness, give me some legitimate reasons why you think it would help you? Besides maybe perhaps some initial physical intimidation?

>I don't think you researched that much

I'm not trying to be rude but you obviously didn't watch the fight and you obviously don't follow MMA

jones absolutely destroyed OSP, he even got his arm broken by a kick from jones...

>Honestly, without yourself being biased cause you lift as your primary mode of fitness, give me some legitimate reasons why you think it would help you? Besides maybe perhaps some initial physical intimidation?

Because almost every fighter who's ever competed lifted weights? Anderson silva lifted consistently through his 16 fight win streak. Demetrius Johnson just equalled the record for consecutive title defences and said he'd been doing powerlifting in the build up to the fight, you'd be hard pressed to say he isn't dynamic or fast

Anyway do you really not know there's dynamic lifting movements, you never heard of olympic lifting or power cleans?

All you did was pump up your little muscles. What good is all that strength if your opponent has any sort of speed?

This was in anime in the 90s and he didn't listen. Oh well...Cell was right after all

also, here's an interview from 2011 proving this line is bollocks

>
Worth mentioning that this was the first time he started lifting, after his layoff and initial ban (His 8 title defensive were without lifting)

muscleprodigy.com/jon-jones-workout/

I do watch mma and a lot of combat sports.

Let me clarify my point a little then.
I'm not saying that fighters don't lift weights, or use weight training.

>>Lifting for long periods is not effective for fighting, just like fighting is not effective for heavy lifting.

But I guess this can vary depending on your training regiment and schedule.

fighters only have a certain amount of time and resources to do a shit tonne of things to get in shape for a fight. (drills, cardio, technique, flexibility, sparring, etc), and I stand by in thinking that lifting heavy or continually increasing weight would overall impede on your body's movement and overall ability to fight.

I just believe that people can have success either way, but if it worked so well as you've mentioned, you'd have all the top coach's in mma/boxing/muay doing intensive lifting routines, which they obviously don't. (Please find me a link or resource otherwise I'd be interested to here about it.)

I looked up Silva's stuff and he seems to do very very little, so doing some squats from time to time with some weights what I'm talking about here.

youtube.com/watch?v=vQ-6qrhd_7s

youtube.com/watch?v=2DO2huOyEJc

Very little lifting in those vids.

TLDR;
Heavy lifting more than twice a week fighting is going to be detrimental, And you'd be as good a fighter and if not better with other methods.