OH NO NO NO NO NO

OH NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

durhamrecordoffice.org.uk/article/10689/The-Story-of-Jimmy-Durham
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Europeans used to be darker

Why does shit always happen in the U.K.? They don't even have that many black people. Why feel the need to put black people in everything?

>fantasy and scifi

There's nothing out of place with the Black Roman soldier, and I don't know about the racial policies of the British Army in the 19th century but I wouldn't be surprised if they used black troops in some capacity.

Cause they want to please the US, a country obsessed with race.

Victorian soldier isn't that far out, depending on where it takes place

English deployed 100.000 black soldiers during the 2nd Boer war

European history according to American history channel

>There's nothing out of place with the Black Roman soldier,
It's unrealistic.
Every colonial European power drew troops from their colonies. The whole "colonialism was a 0 sum game for Africans" is a leftist myth.

The BBC has a diversity quota and for some reason they always go with blacks.

>There's nothing out of place with the Black Roman soldier,

What % of Roman soliders were sub saharan Africans?

You are suppose to be Veeky Forums and yet you believe that representing literally less than 0.01% population makes sense.

And no moors were not sub saharan negroids. The actual kinky haired dark skinned people were a handful

>And no moors were not sub saharan negroids
Moor is a shit term that means whatever the fuck it means in a set period, the Spanish called the Muslim flips Moors (that's where Moro comes from) so unless you want to claim the Philippines WUZ MOROCCAN you can fuck off

Can you IMAGINE the fucking butthurt if shaka zulu was played by a white actor?

All the same people who go "why do you care you racist if the actor's good enough" would pop their frigging tops

Why is Hannibal portrayed as a christian?
Hell they were buttblasted by a somewhat balanced TV Show about Shaka Zulu simply because it was made by South Africa.

>2011 UK census
>Indians/Pakis 4.2%
>Blacks 3%
Why aren't they putting more Indians and shit in their shows instead?

>There's nothing out of place with the Black Roman soldier

Except for the fact he's high ranking and.....in Britain
Rome maybe had some low rank black troops in Africa but that's it

American influence
Same reason why in France and Germany they always put blacks as diversity in their movies instead of arabs/turks despite these being much more numerous

Back to /tv/eddit.

WE ARE GONNA NEED HELP

>Why is Hannibal portrayed as a christian?
cuz jesus wuz black you cracka

>Merlin literally has magic, witches and warlocks, dragons, wyverns, other fantasy creatures, mythical realms, Ghosts, hell, etc
>b-but two characters are black!!!! Not realistic!!!!!!

MLK jr interpreted by Robert Downey Jr. would be hillarious desu with you

Yea, those are tropes of European fantasy you half wit.

But.....Jesus was born over 200 years later.

Why don't /pol/ complain about Czechs being portrayed by Irishmen in Anthropoid for example?

>Carthage
>European

Because those two ethnicities share the same skin color and thus can reasonably pass off as each other

let's see, just for the fun of it
>Achilles
son of a God and his father is black in that series
ok
>Roman soldier
Not entirely impossible because literally anyone could serve in the legion
>Margaret
No fucking way, her family tree is pretty clear
>Friar Tuck
not impossible if he was born in a Islamic country, converted and followed the English army for whatever reason
>Guinevere
probably welsh princess of 400/500 AD, no way
>Victorian soldier
since google say there was just one black solider, durhamrecordoffice.org.uk/article/10689/The-Story-of-Jimmy-Durham
if it's not him, then it's impossible

Hannibal probably looked Lebanese.

>>Friar Tuck
>not impossible if he was born in a Islamic country, converted and followed the English army for whatever reason
That's a big stretch tho.

The Barcids were Greeks

The Romans took prisoners as far south as Sudan. It's not impossible that one Sub-Saharan dude could've assimilated, joined the legion, and then get stationed on the frontier. Hell, looking at the art style he could conceivably be just a dark skinned North African.

Eh, no one cares when Native Americans get portrayed by white actors.

>Hell they were buttblasted by a somewhat balanced TV Show about Shaka Zulu simply because it was made by South Africa
I can at least understand that, since it doesn't do good for a program about the Zulu's greatest leader to be made by the country that didn't allow them to vote.

>Hell, looking at the art style he could conceivably be just a dark skinned North African.

Not a Roman era North African. They were pure Caucasiods unlike modern north africans who are part nigger

brainlet

Bulshit

We did our best to make sure there wouldn't be any native americans left, so finding some to act in movies would be a monumental task.

Keep in mind this is Margaret of Anjou the Shakespeare character, not The historical person.

A Black colonial soldier in the British Army is entirely possible. The Roman, besides his rank, is too considering that you could be deployed anywhere in the empire. My people live in the Pyrenees in what would've been Hispania, but I've heard that our mercenaries actually made up a decent percentage of the garrison at Hadrian's Wall.

"History's a big bloody white wash, innit? Jesus was black FFS!" - Dr. Who

However not impossible. Black people were not actually all that uncommon on medieval Europe, however outside of Southern Europe that number drops to practically non-existent, especially since most of them were African Merchants who would've only been there long enough to sell their goods and leave.

>only niggers and whites exist

Actually blackness used to extend further north in the past.

>not impossible if he was born in a Islamic country, converted and followed the English army for whatever reason

Moors/Saracens were not niggers.

islam spread all along Africa's center, and one of Islam rules is to visit Mecca once in a lifetime. Not an easy journey to do more than once. Some people probably never went back
Also there was a lot of naval commerce between Arabic countries and Africa's Corn, this is why it's not impossible

>what % of Romans are gay
>you are suppoused to be the emperor, a representative of the common man and yet you prostitute yourself outside the palace
T. Severus Alexander

*Africa's Horn

>show is set in Troy
>they don’t in Ionian Greek not reference the neighbouring Hittite empire
>costume is rubber and plastic so you have characters wielding weapons in unrealistic poses

I read the story of that soldier Jimmy Durham, very cool. However he was VERY far from being the only Black soldier in the British Army. Maybe the first one in a White regiment but not the only one ever. Black troops were quite common especially in colonial armies in the Victorian Era

Except its not and it's been done multiple time on some pretty large scales...

>Can you IMAGINE the fucking butthurt if shaka zulu was played by a white actor?
I want to see this, honestly. Would be pretty funny.

last of the mohicans already exist

>whataboutism
You know who started that trend, the Soviet Union, you know what they did, those filthy like bastards, they killed thousands of white men, Stalin’s killed even more than hitler, you are literally worse than hitler

The two main characters are part native tho

I unironically think it's fine.

I unironically let it slide because I believe in freedom of speech and don’t tend to watch those shows

the thing is, this sort of thing is subtly anti-black, because it creates this idea that britain had no racism (especially the doctor who one with the fucking imperial soldier) . since the mid 1800s the British empire has been destroying whole countries with free trade and guns.

it's a subtle way of the UK saying "we were never racist, we dindu nuffin"

To be fair, there is a tradition in British theatre of "colour-blind casting", which sees that it is the acting, not the skin colour of the actor that is the most important thing, otherwise black and asian british actors wouldn't be able to be in like 95% of Shakespeare. So you can see where it comes from. But the victorian solider is silly, given that this was the time, the Brits were slaughtering zulus

yep I don't get triggered by the other ones, because they are narrative stories. The Doctor Who one is weird though, because it occurs after the whole ideology of modern racism was propagated in Europe, so it seems unlikely.

growing up in the Uk, we were never taught about the Empire at school, so yeah this in some respects is a bit of a way to pretend the empire was something it wasn't.

>guinevere literally means white

Yeah, maybe 30,000 years ago. Not fucking 500 years ago.

5000 years ago*

is it really a big deal there is a black guy playing a victorian soldier in a show about a time traveler with a literal magic wand?

Diversity brownie points and "take that, racists!"

lmao

Cause the argument is that there aren't enough black characters as there should be, so it's okay for black actors to play white characters if their race isn't relevant

because, as it clear from this thread and /pol/ in general, there is still a fuck ton of racism in british society and this is a well meaning but misguided attempt to reduce it.

There would be no overcompensating such as this if the knuckleheaded grugs didn't exist.

I would bet even 5000 years ago, there were dark skinned Europeans. They are the originals ofcourse.

The "white skin" genetic came into Europe via Persian empire.

Name a famous native american actor. I'll wait.

tonto

They too bow to the Jew.

>UK
>white
>european
>western
>christian

It's just there way to slowly brainwash people into believe we can all live happily ever after as mixed race countries.
If you keep showing people something they will eventually believe it no matter how bizarre it is.
This is done via television and social media.
Funny how they are only pushing for this in white countries though.

Why is it always black people? If you've got a diversity quota why not stick an East Asian in there, or an Indian or an arab? You could very well make the case for an Indian colonial soldier, especially since they wore red tunics (which, to my knowledge, no African colonial troops did). It just feels like blacks pushing for a black agenda as opposed to one that takes into account ALL minorities. It pisses me off because it's purely based on self interest, not historical accuracy or even proportional representation of minorities

>TONTO STOP GOING TO TOWN THEY JUST BEAT YOU UP

>The "white skin" genetic came into Europe via Persian empire.

Why do you think Alexander wanted to conquer Asia so bad? It’s pretty obvious that the Macedonian Kang of Kangz wanted a taste a taste of the white Persian bitches.