How in the fuck do you gain in benchpress? I feel like I've been stuck at 175lb FOREVER...

How in the fuck do you gain in benchpress? I feel like I've been stuck at 175lb FOREVER. Is there a secret to hitting 2plt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qnh4__GuJ34
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lol this was me for 2 years, same number even. Retract the scapula my dude, it really is as important as people say it is. Pull your shoulder blades down and back as tight as you can before the lift. Don't be afraid to readjust and get them tight again during your set. My bench went from 175 to 225 in about 3 months after learning this.

You switch from 5x5 to 3x5.

Then you switch from 3x5 to 5/3/1.

How do you retract the scapula? Do you just pull your entire arm back and sort of like stick your chest out?

Are you still on ss.
Go on TM or another intermediate program.

Shrug shoulders, contract rhomboids and upper back, pull down scapula, flex lats.

just tighten your migdula and pull down using your flangeles, you'll know you did it right by feeling a tightness in your rhembula

and when you do the actual press using this method be sure to flex your brecletes muscles for max gains

Thinking about squeezing a pencil between your shoulder blades.

So er, i have no idea what you guys just said but it's basically raise up my shoulders, and pulling it back?

I found not doing bench as much is an effect way to improve my bench for real

Pull your shoulder blades back like you're trying to pinch something between them. If you don't understand this put your arms up like you're about to bench but instead move the other way and try to touch your elbows behind your back.
Is baiting you don't listen it's gibberish.
You want to bring your shoulders down and back.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qnh4__GuJ34
if this can't help you nothing will

Can i do this for DB press as well?

just about every pressing movement

Yes you should be.

Personally I made a lot of gains when I started engaging dat leg drive. I thought it was a meme. It's not.

Why don't you just get stronger? That's typically helped me lift heavier weights in the past.

How long did it take for you guys to hit one pl8? For the record i started lifting about 2 months ago, and started with like, 5 kg on each side. I'm on 12.5 now, and i aim to hit a pl8 within 3 months.

Is that possible?

from easiest to hardest

eat more
bench more
get better technique

Shoulder go UP, pull em BACK, then DROP them bitches

Yes. Some people can hit one pleight first time in the gym but it sounds like you were a skelly. We're all gonna make it breh

Do pull ups. A fuck ton of pull ups. Not pussy ass chin ups. Strong back = strong everything.

I'm not exactly skelly, just weak. I'm 60kg at 174 and i bench 45kg now. I have a friend who is 50kg and he can bench 50kg.

Also doesn't help the fact that I'm not "skelly", more like skinny without visible abs.. skinnyfat.

Bulking is painful because it makes my belly bigger.

I want to get to 70kg and hopefully by then i can squat/bench a pl8+ and then i will cut because I'm probably gonna be fat at 70

You are most definitely a skelly if you weigh that little. Just eat more and workout.

I'm weak af though. Like i said my skelly 50kg friend can bench his bodyweight but i can't.

Also I'm running this routine but I'm doing gtg for pull-up and am thinking of throwing ab work on rest days, nothing serious just weighted crunches, Russian twist and planks. Maybe a bit of push ups. Would that help increase overall strength?

You want to look like zyzz brah?
Thank me for sharing that program with the masses

What the fuck

W-what?

Don't do that shit

W-why not user. What do i do then.

That was how I did it as well

60kg 5x5 until I hit 100kg 3x5 then switched to 5/3/1 until I hit 130kgx1, this all took about 9 months, switched to Texas method now and three weeks in don't think it's as good as 5/3/1 for intermediate bench

switch back to a 3x5. asking a novice to to 4x8 squat and a follow-up 4x8 OHP on the same day as bench is retarded. if you want upper body, do greyskull. whoever made that is retarded. bought microloading plates if you havent already

Should i try stronglifts then?

Took me 2 weeks to bench pl8, I'm at 1.5 now after 4 months. I was a fat ass when I tarted

bench is useless unless you compete. focus on press and other DB shit for chest.

a good presser is a good bencher. a good bencher is not necessarily a good presser.

what do you mean 60 kg 5x5? how did you progress past that? you can't go from 60 to 100 if you only ever do 60 5x5. you either increased weight, did more volume or more reps. so which one was it?

Yeah but uh, what program should i use then. Isn't greyskull for intermediate lifters?

GSLP ia linear progression program, the base program only calls for bench and squat

>Retract the scapula
This is literally the first thing you learn getting on a bench press. There should be no reason you're up to 175 without retracting your shoulder blades. It also shouldn't be the only reason you aren't making gains.
More power sets, less working sets. Think of it this way, are you going to move up in weight if you're benching the same weight as last week? No. Go bench 185x3 instead of 175x5 and force yourself to move up.

Some people are just "weak", I finally started doing the Bench Press today and I could only do bar with 10kg on each side properly, and im 76kg 5'10.

Im really, really weak for my size.

Imagine your holding a pencil with your traps