I'm looking to gain some muscle; I'm 130 lbs and 5'8". I was recommended SS but I have some questions:

I'm looking to gain some muscle; I'm 130 lbs and 5'8". I was recommended SS but I have some questions:

Do I need to buy the "Starting Strength" book in order to do the program? Is there any place I can get a copy or a better workout regimen? Is SS even worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Yourself-Everyone-Else-Already-Taken/dp/047039501X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493008138&sr=8-1&keywords=be yourself
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0Vyec-yHY6DcTJiRm9EUVFUc0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get this book instead

amazon.com/Yourself-Everyone-Else-Already-Taken/dp/047039501X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493008138&sr=8-1&keywords=be yourself

No just learn the exercises.
Just google image search staring strength and follow one.
Add weight on every day.

Just get the fuck under a bar.

>and 5'8"

pFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rippetoe goes into an incredibly autistic level of detail explaining the optimal way to perform all of the lifts in SS, unless you read the full book you might snap your shit up unless you have a powerlifting coach to teach you how to lift correctly

Tl;dr Buy the book or download it from a torrent site, read the whole thing from cover to cover at least once before even setting foot inside of a gym

Also never admit to being under 6' tall on Veeky Forums, we'll just mock you for being a manlet

Yes.
The biggest mistake people make when doing SS, is not SS because they didn't read the book.
Do all the lifts.
Yes, even powercleans.
Read the books.
Yes, even practical programming.
Get at least 3500 calories.
"It'll make me fat"
No, it'll make you strong. It'll make you fat if you only do SS and then proceed to sit/lay down for the rest of your time until your next training session.

Well, you shouldn't br too active between sessions, and you should also be sleeping a lot

>3500 calories
>130lbs
this is why no one should take Veeky Forums seriously

>I'm 130 lbs and 5'8"

u know u can be banned for being underaged here?

Kek.

This.

idiots

this. only need 2500 user. i used to be in ur shoes, same height as you aswell.

You can get the book for free on the internet, if you are that kind of bum.

Even if you want to do a different program, which is a wrong idea, you still need to read Starting Strength to learn how to properly do things like OHP, squat, and deadlift.

Another victim of the SS meme. RIP.

If I do powercleans, my underpants are going to be shitted in, and my anus is the only shit dispenser that gets anywhere near my underpants.

Nigga rip specifically says dont do other exercise, the fuck u talkin bout?

I don't even know what you're trying to shitpost.

If you want to look good, don't do ss.
If you don't care and love to squat, don't do ss.
If you want to look autistic, do ss.
His name starts with RIP for a good reason.

SS is not special because of the routine. it's special because of the book

you can do GSLP, SS, literally any of the novice routine and get results, but SS (the book) prepares you the best for intermediate phase. basically what

says

If you want to look good shirtless asap, SS in terms of routine is definitely not the best option since deviations are invariably marked yndtp. that doesnt mean that the thing rip teaches you are inapplicable

If u are after aesthetics don't do SS

literally google "Starting Strength pdf" jesus, did you ever download anything in your lift.
Or use torrents or smt
Or use this link with over 100 books about lifting
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0Vyec-yHY6DcTJiRm9EUVFUc0E

Search Greyskull LP there, its a good variant of SS

It's on Amazon. It's the best tutorial on the main compound lifts that you will find in every routine worth doing. It's like $25. Just buy it.