How do I lift and keep my hands soft? Pic related, after about 6 months of lifting

How do I lift and keep my hands soft? Pic related, after about 6 months of lifting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/29ZfXhlVCKg
youtube.com/watch?v=9OK-S3ZJZxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Grip properly. Or wear gloves.

Gloves

Grip properly? What do you mean?

You should be grateful, those calluses look pretty tasty to me user.

dont grip it on ur calluses hold the bar in ur fingers lol

Are those also your nails after 6 months of growing?

I really hope you made this thread just so people point out your hideously rat-like finger nails

pls be in London

you get calluses from gripping the bar wrong

cut your fingernails faggot

men have calluses you pansy faggot, what do you want soft women hands?

Why do your hands need to be soft? To jerk your boyfriend?

Grips the bar in between the first and second knuckles and keep the fat part of the upper palm out from under the bar.

cut your fingernails. take a bath and brush your teeth as well. I don't trust that you take care of yourself at all.

grip the bar so that is isn't rotating in your grip. you should have some callouses forming but nothing that's getting ripped off while the ret of your hands are toddler status.

If you are overhand gripping on deadlift maybe switch to mixed grip? Tell us what the fuck you're doing maybe?

So it feels nice when I touch myself tbqh

I've been using mixed grip and I flip the hands halfway through the set to keep it even. I have a rather weak grip so I prefer mixed to overhand. Rest of my hands are baby soft somehow

I asked a friend to videotape this. Not sure if my form is perfect either

youtu.be/29ZfXhlVCKg

dude, you need to cut ffs

Yeah working on it. I've lost 5kg already.

try bringing your hips down and your chest up.

you will get calluses from lifting but that ridge you have is from putting the bar in the palm of your hand when pulling. The bar is going to end up in your fingers anyway squashing everything on the way there.

youtube.com/watch?v=9OK-S3ZJZxQ

Riptoe saved my hands with this video. I get fewer calluses and they never rip off now when pulling 260kg than when I was hitting 160kg

sandpaper and/or file, moisturize regularly, gloves

I play left hand guitar.

use chalk and learn how to grip properly. those calluses are most likely from deadlift because you grip the bar too high in your hand and then when you pull it slides down to where it should be in the first place

>try bringing your hips down and your chest up.
do you mean when im at the lowest point? or overall?

thats a very informative video, thank you for sharing. I think i've been doing the wrong grip for a while because my fingers are quite weak so i overcompensate with what i think is a 'strong' grip. Will try this out

will try these out, cheers guys

Low test

Are you looking for permission to wear gloves from a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet, or do you just not know gloves exist?

>wearing gloves

Just make sure they match your purse.

I have the same issue. My fingers are realtivrly short compared to my palm so I tend to grip higher. Honestly, not a big issue. Most girls I date like how rough my hands are.

What are you? A fag? Go to the women's aisle and buy your self some moisturizer you girly man.

gloves doesnt prevent calluses retards

how do people do this
my fingers are weak as fuck I can't even hold a 2pl8 deadlift with them

Follow up to this. The only way I can stop it is if I don't use my thumb in my grip. It reduces how much you can pull, but because the bars are too thin for my hands it makes it easier on my hands.

Hook grip

Problem solved.

Also hex bar

>he doesnt want people to comment on your rough hands when you shake hands

>>>/reddit/
>>>/rcuckoldry/

w-what if my hands are literally too small for hook grip?
my gfs hands are almost as '''''huge''''' as mine
can't even reach my thumbs when holding the bar

Just when setting up. You don't look like your bringing much of your legs into your deadlift it's looks a little like you're going for a Romanian / stiff leg. Might find it easier to keep a neutral spine.

There are two types of barbells
) and |
| Barbell grip is pretty straightforward. Just grip it hard, don't leave any wiggle room for your skin to fold, pull the slack (the gap between the barbell sleeve and the plate pussy), adjust your grip to make sure there are no folds and pull
) Barbells are pretty much the same, but you have to be extra careful when adjusting your grip after you pull the slack: make sure you pull like this
=(
And not like this
=)
Because there will be a moment arm between the grip and the weight center which will cause the bar to rotate in your hand, mid-pull, with very unpleasant consequences.

>w-what if my hands are literally too small for hook grip?
Then you're a new kind of genetic anomaly the human race has hither-to not seen.

Hook grip, stop making excuses.

those "graphs" kek

Just know that if you wear gloves to the gym everyone half way serious about lifting laughs at you

What's wrong with gloves?

I'll look into that. Times like this I wish I had a spotter

People comment on the softness of my hands tbqh

Same, I've been told it's something you just need to practice.

Use your legs more as in bend your knees

hot shower + pumice stone when the skin softens up. do this every shower. moisturize your hands. source: dude who lifts without gloves and has soft but calloused hands

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

cut your nails