I'm scared of doing squats, Veeky Forums. I finish all my sets...

I'm scared of doing squats, Veeky Forums. I finish all my sets, but sometimes it takes even 10 minutes to muster courage to do one. What do, it's not even 2pl8.

blast heavy ass music and get it done

i know how you feel, not being sure if you can finish next rep before you even start set?

a) get your form right
b) use adequate weight that challenges you

unless you are going for 1rm you should be "scared" of the set

>my form is perfect
its not

Stfu moaning....im piss weak laughable....i started squating 2 months ago with just the bar and have had to drop twice when i hit 1 plate cos my core is shit n my form crumples....i have to squat half of what is considered a weak squat....but thats my problem for sitting at a computer for 25 yearz.....
Just do them...there is always heavier weights and always lighter....just do what u can n fuck the little voice in ur headthats reminding u lifting dont matter cos ur dicks still gonna ge tiny.

Not exactly, I know I can handle the weight but it would be fuck hard. Thanks though, will check my form.

My gym only has this fucking thing for a squat rack. I'm terrified of failing a rep, i would have to dump it backwards. The freeweights room is fucking cramped and i bet i would drop the bar on some curlbro behind me.

fugg

OP, I went through this exact same thing! What worked for me is to load up a reasonable weight, and purposely fail some reps, dump it overhead, get yourself stuck under it, collapse under it, just try and fail as many times on purpose as you can and ingrain in your brain the fact that the safety bars will save you. So when you actually fail a rep by accident with a heavy weight, you know what's coming. This completely destroyed all my fear.

His fault for being so close to someone squatting

I know how you feel. today I had to do bench roll of shame. never benching again.

lmao nigga just asses your strength and train with your brain. If you feel like the rep won't go up after the last one just rack it, lessen the weight and repeat.

Same bullshit in my gym. Even worse the only place you can squat doesnt even have notches at different heights. Plus its right next to the cardio area. Only thing i can do is drop it behind me or fall face first. Im terrified that i'll crush some grill if i just drop it behind me.

b-but... the gains...

? I do the roll of shame like every 2nd or 3rd workout. How do people not ever push themselves to failure?

Not the same user, but why not just use a spot if you're failing that often? It's not actually safe to do the roll of shame often with anything above 60kg.

Fix your form. I went from 100kg to 160kg in 5-6 months just by fixing my form and lifting 4x5 3 times a week

Don't have a gym bro, use home gym %60 of the time, and when I'm at the gym I'm usually alone or around nothing but rednecks that give shit advice. Id rather just roll of shame on my final set than ask a stranger for a spot. The gym is like the only place I'm antisocial I guess.

>why not just use a spot
that would require learning to talk to other people

Don't you guys burn out on your last set of the big 4? I thought you do whatever your workout is, and then on the final set you do as many reps as possible. Is that wrong?

I mean sometimes I can tell when I'm gonna fail the next rep, but there are plenty of times where I just hit this wall out of nowhere and there's no way my arms are gonna keep moving that weight.

Do 5x3 instead of 3x5, if you lift heavy.
Do work some time under lighter weight and do paused squat, or do a lot of reps.
Don't lift to your limit, have 3 reps in your gas tank.
Find a Studio with Squat rack.

AMAP doesn't mean go to complete failure. you should stop when your form starts to go to shit. no point in blasting out 3 more reps with shit for and then failing unless you want to learn how to lift with bad form.

what I do is think to myself "if I snap my shit I don't have to do these gay squats again" then just go balls out

I get scared shitless when I put on 3+pl8s.

The adrenaline rush from it is addicting as fuck tho

Try front squatting 3pl8s.
Holy fuck is it intense