Divine indifference

God exists, but is too powerful to care about us, like the bacteria in our gut we go unnoticed.
Nothing new or ground-breaking, but a logical possibility
Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OKnpPCQyUec
youtube.com/watch?v=kZf_cwcPsEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i disagree because if the God you say is real, created everything, dont you think he'd care about probably one of the only sentient, rational, and civilized beings out there?

>implying humans are the only sentient species in a multi-layered, multi-dimensional cosmos

If you're calling this being "God" I'd argue he needs to be omniscient and limitless in the amount of time he's able to invest in caring about event the slightest of details, which would rule out indifference towards us. Indifference for lesser beings is actually a consequence of having limited resources where we can't afford to waste our time caring about everything, and God wouldn't have that problem.

Yeah, things are going really great for people. I'm sure god is watching our back

If such a god is indifferent to our activities, then there is no point worshipping it. It obviously doesn't care if we kneel and sing its praises so why bother? In which case, why have a religion at all?

>one of the only sentient, rational, and civilized beings out there
It's very easy to imagine why we might not be that at all.
Did you never see the end of the first Men in Black movie?
youtube.com/watch?v=OKnpPCQyUec

I said "one of the" captain autismo

His criticism still applies, thinking we're one of a small number of sentient / civilized beings in the entire universe is also retarded given its size. It also conflicts with the standard cosmology model (Lambda CDM) which assumes the generalized Copernican principle that we aren't special.

>implying that it's a significant proportion out of the countless sentient races that inhabit an limitless reality.
Do you care about the billions of particle decays you cause by merely existing? Do you even think about it? And do you really think that an entity on that level even views the concept of thought as you do?

>Do you care about the billions of particle decays you cause by merely existing?
Apparently you didn't read my post. Here, try again:
>Indifference for lesser beings is actually a consequence of having limited resources where we can't afford to waste our time caring about everything, and God wouldn't have that problem.

Stop anthropomorphizing God.Why would He care about sentience, rationality or civilization? You can't compare or comprehend His grand designs. Stop

Furthermore, the religious notion of god relies on human relatability. God is typically depicted as human in form. God functions as a human does, albeit on a higher level. Yet is this truly likely for a being of such ineffable power? For him to resemble human conceptions in any way at all?

If it's not anthropomorphic you shouldn't even call it "God."

If we can't comprehend his grand designs then the discussion pretty much ends in the agreement that he is nothing more than the prime mover. Anything beyond that is idle speculation.

i just struggle to comprehend that one of the most complex things in the known universe, the brain, that we are using right now to try to figure out objective problems that we cant even control, was made by a being that doesnt care for us at all. Its either God exists and cares about us or he doesnt exist at all and we're just a fluke. Thats the way I look at it.

God in the bible is depicted as a glowing light source since according to jews its impossible to understand what the actual fuck he looks like, europeans are the reason God is depicted as sky jew.

We're just a fluke.
Among infinite possibilities the probability of anything is 1

Making such a complex structure might not be a big deal for a god. It might be the equivalent of a human drawing a smiley face, something easy to create without much thought put into it

>one of the most complex things in the known universe, the brain
>known universe
Yes, and that right there means this tells you nothing about how complex the brain actually is relative to reality in general because all of what you know is limited by what it can do. If brains are actually not very complicated at all then we would be missing out on all sorts of complicated phenomena beyond the scope of what our brains can register and that would give us the mistaken impression our brains are complicated when really it's just that we're so retarded that we think our own brains are complicated.

But he didn't design our brains. Rather, our brains are the natural result of billions of years of evolution and fundamental physics. He created the physical laws that govern the entire universe (and possibly the simplest life form), but he didn't intervene in what followed, in much the same way that Google's Alpha Zero became the most powerful Go player in the world without its programmers even telling it what the rules of the game are.

>lives in the easiest time period in the history of mankind
Even people in total hellholes have it better in most respects

But why then, would he create the universe? Just to fun around like some big dumb kid playing "Universe Sandbox" or "Spore"?

>Things were so bad in the past that really bad things in the present seem less bad in comparison
Not a great argument desu.

>becomes a human being
>Le europooan made him a sky jew

No, chances are that our descendants will view us much the same as view our ancestors.
I find it ridiculous to make claims about the state of humanity as a whole, either good or bad, because it has always been both.

Maybe He is just a Blind Retard. An almighty Idiot.

Jews dont believe in Kikesus.

Well, yeah. A being without curiosity is nothing more than a mindless, mechanistic automaton.

Azathoth is such a great concept for the supreme being.

Yes i suppose.
He, she, it, created the universe as mere accident and perhaps unaware or uncaring of it.
Picture the almighty (if you can) as a being that transcends existence, conception, boundaries, perspective and thought. A being beyond logical possibilities and impossibilities, not subject to paradoxes, unbound by dimensionality and duality.
(Obvious Lovecraft is obvious)
Literally any compexity you think of or any improbability, would be less than childs play.
If God is truly omnipotent then he is beyond the understanding of beings beyond the understanding of beings beyond our understanding
There's no point in worshipping it as it's just a waste of your transient, liminal, but precious life

The other abrahmic religions don't see jesus as god and god is still a non human thing there.

>I find it ridiculous to make claims about the state of humanity as a whole, either good or bad
Read up on diseases in general, or maybe visit a hospital, you sound sheltered as fuck.

Also I love lovecraft iconography

thats really depressing. whelp time to play some total war : napoleon

post more

In a cosmos of infinite layers you are nothing
Now look into the ultimate gate and see the cross sections of the archetypes

The lurker at the threshold
Yog-Sothoth. The being that encompasses all spacetime continuums

Umr-at-tawil

>God exists, but is too powerful to care about us

God is too powerful and big to care about one species on one planet in one solar system in one galaxy out of 100,000,000,000 galaxies if they decide to worship some loser terrorist from the Levant as "God."

youtube.com/watch?v=kZf_cwcPsEQ

>god is real but it doesn't matter

Why would/should it?

Didn't even imply it doesn't matter.
It makes it fascinating, but depressing

How can god exist and it doesnt matter that he does?

How can you?

ahh the refreshing nihilism.
Ever heard of the butterfly effect? The same applies to everything. Your smile to the cashier can in the end result in humankind conquering the moon. You just sitting silently in the classroom can result in world war 3. Even just the idea of a god can result in billions of deaths and billions of saved lives. Nothing is without cause or aftermath.

The common interpretation of god is mostly due to human understanding we don't know what other species interpret existence. For all we know god could simply be sentient energy which would possibly explain why we are insignificant to it.

Bump