/rgt/ Robinhood General Thread

After hours edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Main previous thread:
Other threads that were made today:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tobi/status/917803356609007616
seekingalpha.com/article/4118101-happened-amd
seekingalpha.com/article/4117634-amd-got-sacked-investors
medium.com/@eosforumorg/brock-pierce-were-at-700-million-but-will-raise-several-billion-for-eos-e5109ff47f10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I literally only made this thread because I was curious about the volume on Shopify. Someone bought 112k shares right after main hours ended, like they were waiting to confirm some insider information. Please someone say this is a good sign.

General thoughts.
>AMD and CMG getting irrationally btfo
>Own quite a bit of AMD but not selling

Two weeks ago got hit pretty hard, turning 8000 profit into 6000 in literally one day. Still been volatile low profits since then. Holding on for a series of earnings still to come in November

I lost hundreds following memes here like 8 months ago, eventually crawled back close to breaking even, I uninstalled the app.

Got a new phone and Google auto installed it when I let it restore all my stuff from my Google account.

So fuck it, it was fun before and I have a lot more free time now. I'm here for the gambling and moon missions, no due diligence needed

SHOP is gonna beat don't sweat it user

twitter.com/tobi/status/917803356609007616
don't forget this too

we're all gonna collectively wipe our balls on andrew left's face tomorrow

Or it turns into AMD

>35% y/y profit
>Shares tumble

AMD lowered guidance for next quarter thats why. Plus a good chunk of its shareholders were poor weak handed beta virgins.

SHOP is gonna be golden with the black friday and the holidays next quarter

Yeah I ended up catching a falling knife on that one. It should bounce back though, but I'm still annoyed haha

its not because of the 15% drop, every Q4 has that drop, thats normal for AMD. The problem is that they were very vague on the guidance and the expectations were way higher and ppl just realised how overvalued the stock was. seekingalpha.com/article/4118101-happened-amd seekingalpha.com/article/4117634-amd-got-sacked-investors

>linking a seeking alpha article

Back to redd*t pls

What if they bought in just so they could sell low and cause people to panic sell?

>medium.com/@eosforumorg/brock-pierce-were-at-700-million-but-will-raise-several-billion-for-eos-e5109ff47f10

>What if they bought in just so they could sell low and cause people to panic sell?
w-why would someone do that? buy high and sell low on purpose?

yeah better keep believing those price changes are irrational, life is easier that way

i always just blame (((them))) when i make a bad trade

Works for me.

>tfw bought 50 shares of SHOP at close

how am I supposed to sleep tonight

Part of the earnings meeting is literally going to address the problem of someone who's been doing that.

Alright fellas, i wont go into much besides saying these are long term plays. 2-3 year holds.

CVS, CCI, VLO, XOM, GALXF

I have 0.60 from a dividend so if anyone's got any stupid penny stocks theyd like to pump, now's the time.

why did you buy high? lol

i got 50 shares myself at $105~ around 12pm and I'm up $250 already. A comfy 4-5% of protection in case they do bomb tomorrow

you're just going in raw user

its going to the fucking moon tomorrow dont worry

Buy Facebook if you haven't already. It's a bit late but still time to get in. Sell on Thursday morning (earnings report after hours on Wednesday).

Canada Goose is going to have an interesting week. Went up ~30% after a good report in the 2nd. Price dropped back to baseline afterwards. We're going into the colder months now, which is really all they cater to. Earnings report on the 8th. Either buy and hold through the winter or buy and sell directly after the earnings report. Relatively volatile though, don't forget your stop loss either way you play it.

why do you think facebook will do well on earnings?

Because the ZUCC gets me HARD
HARD like rock..no, steel.
Fuck that. FUCK that. the ZUCC get's me HARD like the CARBON FIBER on the 7 Lamborghinis I'll buy after I pick up that SWEET 5% on Thursday.

LODE muuufakkers

saved

LODE and SHOP tomorrow gonna take me to MARS!!!!!!

My Portfolio is 100% those two stocks

canada goose looks interesting though

i might gamble it next week

one other good play this week would be BABA earnings on Thursday. papa ma will be competing with jeff bezos for world domination in a decade and alibaba definitely won't let amazon one up them after last week

LODE chart looks like a double-bottom. Maybe get some Jan 18 or 19 calls. Whew, you like to gamble earnings? I got lucky on UNH. I'm liking V, AAPL, BA, BABA, BAC, MSFT, NVDA through next quarter.

Works for me

SHOP also a solid performer quarter after quarter. Good luck on that. I hope I don't get burned on AAPL / BABA earnings. I got teabagged on AMD. Before that I sold my whole position in ADBE just before earnings on a profit, just to see it go to the moon after earnings.

AAPL is riskier now but have generally been a company you never bet against

BABA will also kill it

believe in papa ma. as soon as im done with shop im yoloing the fuck outta it

Those FB calls are expensive as hell, I sold some calls yesterday on a profit and too chicken after getting burned on AMD. Watch FB go like a rocket on earnings.

How did I buy high? It was $122 last month

YES!!! TO THE MOON!!!!!!!

$109-110 is the highest it's been since Citron released their report earlier this month

But aren’t we betting on them being wrong?

Yes

Also, better hope you aren't wrong, this stock swings hard

buy baba and aapl and hold through earnings to make back your loss if it tanks

don't baghold or average down SHOP at all. this earnings will literally make or break them

BGFV

If it has good earnings tomorrow we could see huge gains, it is so undervalued at this point and over half the float is short

Anyone here thinking about killing themselves before they find out if they made massive gains or losses tomorrow, so they don't have to worry about it?

No because I'm not a beta virgin that's afraid of losses.

Hell last Monday I took a 13% lost last monday and I almost tripled that on my comeback

Who here going short on TRXC?

How do we know how well Shopify's earnings go? Just respond to the market movement?

830 AM

Earnings get announced at 7:30. Call at 8:30