Can someone explain this pic? Are we really screwing ourselves over by not being like the left monkey?

Can someone explain this pic? Are we really screwing ourselves over by not being like the left monkey?

Other urls found in this thread:

academic.oup.com/geronj/article-abstract/48/1/B17/557478
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>monkey a eats the same shit as monkey b, just less
>let's represent this in human form as salads vs hamburgers
if you unironically read journalism you're either my mom or retarded

I don't get it. Are they implying the healthy monkey ate a vegan diet, or are they implying that the healthy monkey significantly less than the unhealthy monkey? Maybe both? Is there a study on this, or is this just some retarded picture you found on Reddit with no real source?

false comparison fallacy

next

it could very well be different macronutrient content in those little pellets. impossible to tell from looking at the pellets but the 'equivalent' image suggests that they would be different

it literally says "calorie restriction diet". they just put some meme tier salad food in the pic. there are loads of studies on caloric restriction and aging/lifespan

what a misleading image, both monkeys are eating the same thing except one eats more calories and one less

nothing to do with the bottom of the image with the vegetables VS fatty meats

What makes you think monkey A ate less ? Maybe they ate the same quantity but monkey B's food had higher calories ?

Then the problem would be that they didn't show how much they ate ?

you really don't know that. a high fat animal food pellet looks exactly like a low fat animal food pellet. the 'comparison' image is there to help dense motherfucks like you understand the pellets are different

Because the left bowl has less pellets than the right bowl?

I feel like it would be better to say that if that's the case rather than just pure number of calories, just makes the picture harder to understand if that's actually the case

Oh yeah. I actually thought that the monkey on the left ate salad and the one on the rigth ate burger.

What an idiot.

The pic literally says the monkey on the right gets more food
Guess what that means? The other one got less
In conclusion
Youre a fucking idiot

>big fucking plate with food pellets showing how much the monkeys eat
are you retarded

>Left has a nutritious as possible diet, representing Veganism
>COMPARED TO NON-NUTRITIOUS EMPTY CALORIES AND BURGERS AND FRIED BACON WOOWWWWWW LOOK AT HOW EATING MEAT DESTROYS YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!! YOU WILL NEVER BE A MONKEY WITH A NICE FUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is factually retarded. Also nice sample size of TWO.

Also they're FUCKING MONKEYS NOT HUMANS so how the fuck are you using this as an argument for human veganism?

It's called a false equivalence

It's a propaganda piece by Mike Linksvayer (a vegan). Very typical behavior from members of that particular diet cult. Here's the actual methodology if you're interested

academic.oup.com/geronj/article-abstract/48/1/B17/557478

image shows identical looking pellets and doesn't say that the pellets are different

says human equivalent in calories then shows foods that would match those calories

with that logic they could just show either side as the caloric equivalent of X amount of candy/steak/poop; it literally does not matter

There is no indication that the pellets are different. Only the amount. Come back when you can prove otherwise you chucklefuck.

>feed monkey A balanced diet, it's a vegan diet
>feed monkey B shitty diet, it's not vegan
>there's no monkey C with a balanced, non-vegan diet.
hmm i wonder what these results will show

Thank you for for taking the time to find this; OP's image has some pretty baseless vegan propaganda but the actual result is still interesting.

>This 72-year-old man eats less food and appears healthier than this 75-year-old man
I'm not sure this conclusively proves anything. (Adjusted ages 25 and 26 for a white male lifespan)

is this image supposed to be deceptive? The human food shown says "human equivilency". At no point does it mention Canto consumes the food shown for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and same thing for the respective meals for Owen. In fact, it's only comparing the amount of monkey food each monkey gets. It's the same shit but twice as much for Owen.

youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c