Be radical left-wing populist

>be radical left-wing populist
>support equal rights and programs for blacks (when most other southern democrats were segregationists)
>explicitly condemn hitler's anti-semitism
>treated as a fascist in every alternate history work

Fucking why?

Increasing taxation and putting caps on wealth isnt really that radical.

>treated as a fascist in every alternate history work
Because he was highly authoritarian I dont understand why this is so hard to miss

he would have been an authoritarian dictator desu famalam

>authoritarian dictatorship is the same thing as fascism
NOPE

Then why not treat him as a fucking communist? Makes more sense, if still retarded.

>NOPE
Didnt say it was only explaining why he is treated that way. In the same way that Franco is considered a fascist despite not being an adherent to doctrinal fascism.

>Then why not treat him as a fucking communist?
Because
-No marxist outlook
-No connection to the US communist movement
-No connection to the international communist movement
-Was opposed by the US communists
-Was religious

Its not like he was a Foster, Debbs or Cannon like figure

Because every actual threat to modernity must be packaged in the most unpalatable manner conceivable. Communist isn't quite as effective as fascist.

And he had no connection to any fascist movement. OP is asking why they stuck him with the remoter label

He wasn't a communist, but he wasn't a fascist either. I'd compare him if anything to the pink tide left-wing populists in Latin America.

I doubt America hever had the climate to harbour a dicator's rise.

Worst case scenerio: He becomes president for 2-3 terms and becomes the democratic party's Reagan. Future politician will try to replicate his left-wing, populist policies that will eventually doom America.

>And he had no connection to any fascist movement. OP is asking why they stuck him with the remoter label
Are you directing this at the first or second part of that post of mine because its not particularly clear.

>He wasn't a communist, but he wasn't a fascist either.
He advocated for an authoritarian third way ideology. Its not european fascism but its close enough for historical what ifs.

>I doubt America hever had the climate to harbour a dicator's rise.
The great depression was a pretty intense period and outside of the Revolutionary War the only other opportunity for such an event to happen even if it was highly unlikely

>Whenever this administration has gone to the left I have voted for it, and whenever it has gone to the right I have voted against it.

There weren't term limits so he could've easily served until he died which is what his goal was. Not too different from what FDR basically did.

>Whenever this administration has gone to the left I have voted for it, and whenever it has gone to the right I have voted against it.
Can you be specific as to what part of my post you are responding to?

Using your logic here I could "prove" Oswald Mosley was not a fascist.

Him and father coughlin would have locked up the jew bankers, of course he will portrayed negatively by them years after.

because he was anti-communist
in fact, all of his ideas had the purpose to prevent a communist revolution. Nobody will revolt if you give them some rights.

>a man is not a dictator when he receives a commission from the people and carries it out
the only people who minded Long's "authoritarian dictatorship" were the oil barons and plantation owners he put in their places

>Its not authoritarian if people agree with it

That is literally what consent of the governed means

>He wasn't a communist, but he wasn't a fascist either.

HE WAS NAZBOL

it's not a dictatorship if someone asks you to do something and then you do it

>authoritarian = fascist
brainlets off my 4jan

>That is literally what consent of the governed means
Which is not mutually exclusive to authoritarianism.

>it's not a dictatorship if someone asks you to do something and then you do it
Did state employees ask for a portion of their salaries to automatically go towards his personal campaign funds?

I wrote an alternate history where Huey Long is President of the Confederate States and becomes a radical reformer that starts a detente with the United States under FDR (he's still a jerk, but in a way that gives him clairvoyance into Hitler and Stalin's intentions that FDR lacks).

Pregnant Anne Frank even gets a cameo.

>Did state employees ask for a portion of their salaries to automatically go towards his personal campaign funds?
yes or they would have quit

it doesnt matter whatever people label him
he did more good for louisiana than any other person did

That sounds fucking awful you should find better ways to spend your time

It's almost like being labeled a fascist has nothing to do with your perspectives on racial tolerance, and is primarily about how you relate to the global financial elite.

>yes or they would have quit
Or you know be fired. Just like they would be if they didnt subscribe to his newspaper.

But I guess economic coercion doesnt count right?

Didn't Mussolini also denounce Hitler's antisemitism (before later cucking to him because italy is a doormat)?

yes

t. FDR

Mussolini was really anti-Hitler until his autistic treatment of France got Italy drummed out of the Entente

>the entente
>world war 2

the entente stayed intact through the inter-war period until Mussolini fucked it up

>the entente stayed intact through the inter war period until Mussolini fucked it up

Huey Long was a little commie bitch
>5'10"
Disgraceful.

Long was a populist who portrayed himself as the only one able to uproot the corrupt capitalist system while simultaneously preventing a communist revolution. He established a more or less authoritarian hold over Louisiana and built a cult of personality. He was know for his flamboyant behavior and disdain for conventional politics. He was also very overt in his attempt to take the White House, even at the expense of his own party. All of these things paint a picture that makes Long look like the American Hitler or Mussolini. It's unlikely that he could have achieved the same level of control that they did, but he certainly seems like the best candidate for imagining a successful American fascist.

>explicitly condemn hitler's anti-semitism

Things that never happened.

This
>Good friends of vocal antisemite Senator S. J. Harper, a radical anti-capital advocate of workers’ rights and non-intervention in World War I who often had lengthy diatribes condemning Jewish capital
>Placed at the head of his administrative organization "Share Our Wealth" Reverend Gerald L. K. Smith. Smith was handpicked by Huey to head up SOWS, and the young radical preacher from Shreveport took up his duties with the passion of a true zealot. Smith was another vocal antisemite who had history of supporting fascism in the US
>Ally of Father Charles Coughlin, the Catholic priest whose radio program railed against Jewish capitalists and Roosevelt's "Jew Deal"
>killed by a Jew- Dr. Carl Weiss