Is there anyone that could have actually created a dictatorship in the US? How?

Is there anyone that could have actually created a dictatorship in the US? How?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_totalitarianism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Washington by declaring himself king

That's called a monarchy not a dictatorship you twat.

Jackson had the military prowess and support to overthrow Congress had he wished to. Also, if Huey Long wasn't assassinated before he ran for president he'd likely run the nation as he ran his state and that would be in a fairly dictatorial manner.

Washington had the opportunity to declare himself a king or military dictator when the war ended. If he did, we would likely have ended up like other New World dictatorships, albeit slightly more liberal.

The American owning class figured out in the 1970s that you don't need jackboot dictatorship to keep the masses in line. Just deregulation, union-busting, mass surveillance, prescription drugs, and bread and circuses to keep them apathetic enough to not revolt.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_totalitarianism

If Smedley Butler was telling the truth then wealthy businessmen were wanting to make him a dictator through fascist influenced veteran groups to overthrow FDR.

>Jackson had support to overthrow Congress
whatsoever gave you this impression? He wasn't a supremely popular president

Very Good.

i wonder what autistic revolution would have ousted the american monarchy from power if washington did make himself king

FuckingTrump. That piece of shit fascist racist bigot is creating one right now. It would be Trump the Nazi who would be creating a dictatorship.

Washington for sure, but his whole shtick was to get out so there's no chance of anything like that happening. If FDR didn't die he easily could've, the entire country sucked his dick and balls while playing with his ass. I don't think anyone else could have, Jackson maybe but his support was really only from the people, not the government.

Probably would have been led by Jefferson, he was the only true anti-brit

I mean when you call all news organizations liars, call people who don't cheer for you treasonous, and demand military parades in the capital you're well on your way

Can that concept be compared to 'manufactured consent'? Though maybe 'manufacturing consent' is more specific, I guess.

FDR was a complete dictator

drumpf obviously

Bad wording, what I meant to say by that was that should he have wished to overthrow the government I'm sure the military would back him as he was well regarded and liked by the military if not the general populace.

Please tell me this is irony. If any of the retards knew the actual definition of Nazism, Fascism and totalitarianism they'd know that Trump, and all American politicians for that matter, are the polar opposite of that.

yeah trump is currently sucking israels dick so there is no way he is a nazi.

No. Peoples that are accustomed to freedom over generations are not prone to accept dictatorship without revolting. The Founding Fathers could have theoretically founded a dictatorship, but they didn't. The only figure who could have staged a military coup with popular support is Douglas MacArthur, but he didn't.

What "military". The US didn't even have a standing army in the 1830s

>Washington becoming a king
>Andrew Jackson starting military junta
>Some crazy shit happening in Civil War
>Business Plot actually being real
>Great depression producing successful populist (Maybe Huey Long)
>FDR living longer
>Some post-ww2 general organizing a coup (Maybe MacArthur)
>CNN being right about Trump
It still wouldn't have ever happened since constitution prevents any high dictatorial rulership...

FDR