4 months into SS

>4 months into SS
>2 weeks ago my best friend noticed that my legs are getting thicc
>I notice a more detailed definition in my chest
>I notice a round like definition around my abs, clearly indicating that I will get a 6 pack once I cut
>yesterday my aunt that I haven't seen since Christmas said "oh my god look at those shoulders!" in front of my parents and cousin (her qt 16 year old daughter)
>made me realize how not giving up on OHP was the best decision ever

holy fuck Veeky Forums

SS has fucking worked for me. I feel like I have made it even though it's only been 4 months.

I love you all.

Hi latlet here

Incorporate heavy barbel rows

You're welcome and gonna make it

should I do them instead of power cleans?

4 months later hyperlordisis, problems with rotator cuffs and shitty squat technique. Do your preventive assistance.

Nice try rip

months into SS
>>made me realize how not giving up on OHP was the best decision ever
How can you give up on an exercise after only 4 months?

No. He said add them, not replace something with them

>qt 16 year old daughter

So are you underage or pedo?

Lol so much negativity. This place can be a real cesspit sometimes. Grats OP and keep it up.

So SS is legs only?

> implying the age of consent isn't 16 in certain first-world jurisdictions

>1 month in on Phraks Greyskull
>Already injured injured my lower back with squats/deadlifts
>Rows increased by only 5 pounds
>Squat increased by only 5 pounds
>Deadlifts didn't increase at all

Bench increased by 15 and OHP by 10 though, so that's good. I still hate myself for the injury.

>cousin (her qt 16 year old daughter)
solid

post body
more like pullups and DB rows desu

Ss is the best beginners program, especially for top heavy lanklets, I have put on 3kg in 3 weeks for now,lifts moving up quickly too.

>especially for top heavy lanklets
What if I'm a bottom heavy recovering fatty manlet? My legs are already big from having to haul my fat self around.

Do more upper body then?
My legs were sticc mode so my squat was 60kg while my ohp was 50 and bench 70...

3 months into SS, my chest is looking pretty shit. Is the answer Inclines?

age of consent is 16 in a lot of places

In my mind 16 is just old enough to be *alright* saying the girl is a qt

The answer is pretty obvious, increase chest work volume during bench day. It's your body man, react to what it tells you

Fuck you.

I've been doing SS for 3 years and 7 fucking months now and I have virtually nothing to show for it.

My lifts are quite good but I look like a potato. My friends are constantly asking me why I go to the gym all the time and still look like crap. I tell them I'm strong and have even shown them videos of my deadlift but it doesn't impress them.

I'm pretty sure girls look at me with even more disgust now due to my strange shape and bizarre insertions.

I wore tight shirts for a while when going out but my friends would just make fun of me so I stopped doing that. I also don't wear vests because my arms look like pale sausages and vests make them look like they're being pushed out of a grinder or something.

I really hate this board and everything it stands for. It has made me insecure about my height, my jawline and my social abilities and doing as I was told with SS has done little to nothing to alleviate this.

I hate my life, the world, my friends, Mark Rippettoe and all of you for creating a broken system that chews people up and spits them right the fuck out.

>doing SS for over 3 and a half years
I thought you were only supposed to do it for like one and a half, max

Post your body now.

This is obvious bait, nobody does SS for almost 4 years
stop

well nobody told me, ernie

>yfw here it was 13 and now 14 I think and Im not from a shithole country

also, pic related, superior SS / beginner routine.

>everyday doing mobility/stretching routine
>every off day doing light accesories like abs/forearms/calves/grip strength
>Greyskull LP for 6-10 months
>Madcow 5x5 for 12 months
>whatever decent brosplit to mantain

aint that hard senpai

You're supposed to do it as long as you see progress, I think.

If you are a beginner ANYTHING will make you progress, even retarder PT routines and calisthenics.
Stop the strength training unless you want to look like a giant baby, like most people on this board who got memed into doing it

The guy in your picture has wide hips and is a manlet, tho.

so's the guy in your underpants

>nobody does SS for almost 4 years

>tfw you did SS for two years before college, and then half a year into college because you were retarded.

>Stop the strength training unless you want to look like a giant baby
thats not the reason. the reason is retarded people doing strength routines forever.

strenght is the core. but thats all, if anybody is doing strength for more than 2-4 years they are retarded or swithcing to weightlifting """"sports""""

pic related, check the graph. when you already have a good intermediate/advanced level (48 months as saw in the graph) its just not worth it anymore, cause your gains are proportional shit to time needed/wasted.

Nobody looks like that immediately. It's his fault he let himself look like that before changing his routine. Don't blame a program for someone's lack of common sense

Is it a good idea to try and hit 1/2/3/4 using strength training routines before starting on a hypertrophy program? I'm kinda close, but I don't wanna rob myself of strength by switching too early.

>2012
Is it ever updated?

well, only you know how strong/good core you have. also bodyfat. as a natural, at some point strength and aesthetic cant no longer be together. my advice, stay on strength a bit more, so you can feel good/accomplish. you will always have time to be aesthetic (cause its just diet and good/proportional brosplits) but gaining strength is hard as fuck, and you lose it quick

It's still accurate dude. Maybe missing some noob routines like Candito or GreySkull LP. No mention of the newer 5/3/1 variants. But it's all correct.

do you think in the last 5 years something really new was created from nowhere to change the basics? no. that pic will be 95% accurate for the next half century or more. like this user said people always try to get lost on the fucking details aka 1% importance instead of focusing on the basics of nutrition/strength/aesthetics aka 99% what matters

I just got over my autism and finally started benching and squatting after three months of just using machines. Also going to start dead lifting soon.

I want to progress into cleans and over head press but I have never seen anyone do these at my gym. Did anyone else have this problem starting out. I'm a dyel so id feel out of place attempting these.

Don't ever wear vests, it's the most douchy thing you can do

as a beginer with no real profesional guidance, dont do cleans. 2 complex to learn it properly alone without risk. there are some alternatives, good and safes. OHP is not hard, so thats ok if you try it properly.

you need to start watching a lot of tutorials too, try to record yourself doing the big lifts like squats, deadlifts, bench, OHP so you can correct

Best case scenario is skipping SS altogether, but even if you decide to do it, you're supposed to stick to it for 2-3 months max senpai

You fucked up badly and its ur own fault brah

i need to see what this body looks like
post body plz

Do people realize that SS is about teaching form? PP teaches you how to actually make up your own program to fit your fitness goals

what's PP?

You won't know til you drink it!

Look down your pants

LOL it's piss lolol

you need to buy a dickfor before you even think about trying SS or PP.

Form form form! Don't bench too wide too heavy and fuck up your weaker arm like i did. It might not be a bad idea to pay for a personal tariner session to check your lifts or bring someone you know.

I tried googling it but couldn't find anything :(

>4months
>gains

come back in 3 years

practical penisgramming, it's to create a penisgram for your lifts.

>cousin
>shoulders
>wholesome material

solid

>no phat/phul

lmao into the trash it goes

Definitely had this problem too but I got over my autism a little quicker than you did. I was afraid of no spotter butrealized chest machines are awful and I wasn't making progress so I started doing real bench press after a month. I was deathly afraid of squats/deadlifts but manned up and started after 2 months. I was using fixed barbells for OHP but wasn't really progressing either so I just recently started using a real barbell with weights.

I really regret not starting out doing everything for real. All I can suggest is research as much as you can on proper setup and form. You won't get anywhere sticking with machines only.

It's Rippetoe's other book you're supposed to read after completing Starting Strength. It stands for Practical Programming and is all about building a program suited for your goals after you build a strong foundation with SS.

>is all about building a program suited for your goals
But what if I'm lazy, can't I just use the Veeky Forums infopics?