Alcoholic

How do I curb my alcoholism. I eat healthy, no meat. I hike. I work out. I'm fit. I drank a liter of tequila yesterday. I drink before work, during and after. I'm always drunk and I feel powerless. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/judson_brewer_a_simple_way_to_break_a_bad_habit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have a serious chemical dependence and need medical help.

For 6 months I was drinking heavy but only every other day and only at night, didn't think much about it because I was getting fit and looked as good as ever. Put the bottle down a month ago (mostly, still once a week and I keep it light) and it fucked with my mind in ways I didn't expect.

>no meat

Oh, nvm. fuk u buddeh

>I eat healthy
>no meat
?!

By not eating meat you are missing some manliness which you replace with drinking alcohol(which is also manly).

If you're drinking that much you'll probably have to go to detox.

You can try to taper too. Be prepared to feel amazingly awful. Withdrawal is Hell on Earth.

You are infact not fit with that amount of literal poison in you.

>I shoot about a gram of black tar a day but I still do healthy stuff so I'm healthy.

AA "works" as in that it'll give you a frame work to curb your behavior and it's kinda fun to talk to other drunks who also do the ridiculous shit drunks do. Check it out , it's free, and there will be a lot more young people and girls than you'd have guessed.

Do you get withdrawals when you stop and drink to stop them, or do you drink to keep the hangover at bay?

If you get withdrawals then you will probably need to go into detox. I wasn't that far gone but getting there so stopped cold turkey. Slept like shit for a few days, but everything got better after that. I drank out of boredom and habit, so found other things to fill the time with - mainly the gym and video games. Gym in the evening after work so I just want to chill for a few hours and then go to bed without drinking.

>cucumber chili tequila

Don't get withdrawals because I haven't stopped drinking. I wake up and pour liquor into my coffee. I need to stop because the depression is killing me

Was in a similar situation to you
Been good for a couple months
Aa can help
Once you face down the withdrawals for a few days it's just filling time
Stop drinking right now

Just.. stop ? Start drinking diet soda instead.

Youll get symptoms if the addiction is bad.. but if you want to stop you can stop. Anyone can stop smoking or doing drugs, so can you. Its only a matter of willpower

ted.com/talks/judson_brewer_a_simple_way_to_break_a_bad_habit

This guy's technique has been really useful for quitting smoking. I'm not sure how similar nicotine and booze addiction are but it might help you too. It's just using a mindfulness based approach called 'surfing the urge', where you acknowledge and are mindful about cravings instead of trying to suppress or ignore them.

Stop being a bitch and just go to AA meetings. Like you can't expect the answer to fall in your lap, you gotta work towards it.

I should say you should get medical advice too btw, because if you're severely addicted to alcohol then quitting cold turkey can cause seizures and literally kill you.

>eat healthy
>no meat

Pick one

>Just stop
>symptoms

Yeah symptoms that can fucking kill you. Look op I used to drink about 1.75 litres of vodka a day. Been through withdrawal multiple times. YOU NEED MEDICAL HELP AND ADVICE BEFORE YOU TRY AND STOP. Stoping cold turkey? Seizures, shaking, possible death.

For the first 6 months I wanted to drink so badly, but then it shifted towards "I don't want to drink, how can I accomplish that?" I don't go to AA, but its a heck of a useful resource, especially if you are just starting. Again, get some medical help before you stop, even if you just go to the doctor and they give you a weeks worth of Benzodiazepines to help you get through the withdrawal.

>I eat healthy, no meat
user, I'm a vegetarian and I find that disturbing. What's your diet like?

>eat meat
>don't die of heart-disease by 50

pick one

Good video, thanks user

Right, because all meat is deep-fried chicken or McDonalds.

Don't you have a bull to prep for your wife?

What this user said. OP, if you do want to quit you need to seek proper medical attention so you can detox safely.

No worries. He's got an app as well called ''craving to quit'', it's geared towards quitting smoking but I think you could apply it to any addictive/compulsive behaviour.

You get a couple of days free and then you have to pay to use it further, but I found the first couple of days of content had all the main stuff I needed so you don't need to bother paying for it.

Fresh fruit and vegetables, yogurt, cereal with almond or cashew milk, beans, very little bread, cheese
Things some people consider meat like eggs and fish, I eat that so I kinda larped...
Black coffee, black tea, no cakes, cookies or sugary anything.
Gf prepares most meals and I assure you they're a lot healthier than the garbage 90% of Americans are eating. She is also an alcoholic which makes this even more difficult

>She is also an alcoholic
You're fucked, lad.

Thanks for reinforcing the thoughts I already have

900+days sober here.

YOu need to see a doctor to get some medsto help you sleep. If you lack the contorl to taper off then you'll also get benzos. If you receive benzos you need to fully comply with the dosing schedule and commit to absolute sobriety for a very long time. YOu will never break or change the habit by staying dry for a month.

Go for a year and work your ass off int he gym.

Also I take a multivitamin supplement every day. I give a conscious, honest effort to being healthy, but no amount of self awareness can stop me from the sauce, which 9 times out of 10 is hard liquor because beer is for fatsos

I quit about a week ago when I realized I was probably killing my gainz with any sort of alcohol.

Just visualize the amount of time you're wasting by drinking and lifting then you'll probably stop.

You know there's about as much calories in liquor, there's just more water content in beer.

2nd time I have seen benzos mentioned. I used to do both benzos and alcohol and tapered off the benzos after overdosing and almost losing my job. I still have a stockpile of benzos.

Start weaning yourself. Most research shows that abstinence is a bad program. Start researching how they treat alcoholism in Nordic countries.

I studied this in school at Northwestern if that serves as a way to credentialize this post. If not, research and think for yourself.

Nah, beer's got a bunch of extra carbs as well.

Aren't the hangovers horrendous? That's why I couldn't handle being an everyday alcoholic.

>hangovers
As previously stated I wake up and consume more liquor. Generally I don't have hangovers. When I do, they're awful yes. Is there such a thing as fun hangovers?

I say that from personal experience. The reason AA works is because it gives you people to be accountable to. I've been off the sauce for a while now, but I didn't need AA because my wife and son give me accountability. If I were to drink I know it would let them down, so I supplemented alcohol with exercise. I use to date a fellow alcoholic back in the day and we were codependent. One of us would try to quit, but it would always just cause conflict because we were never in the same place in our recoveries, even when we would try to quit together.

I try to think of the sweet financial gainz I'll be getting if I quit.

Substituted* not supplemented. I'm a degenerate phone poster.

Shit hurts me right in the heart badly to read this knowing how true it is