New dad here. Finding time to lift has been tough these last 6 months but ive managed...

New dad here. Finding time to lift has been tough these last 6 months but ive managed. Whats really suffered is my cardio. I just cant simply leave a baby alone for 30-45 minutes at a time. We dont use a sitter as me and my wife have shifted our schedules (temporarily) to always have one of us home. Now that shes 6 months I have been considering buying a jogging stroller. I have literally never seen another man use one. Is a swole dude pushing a stroller socially acceptable?

Get one with offroading capability

You'd look cool af
a dad AND swole

Just strap the baby down so it can't move

If feeding is a problem you should put your baby on IF - the gh release will help make the kid not a manlet aswell

but wouldn't a threadmill be comfier?

if the baby starts crying or gets scared it would ruin your workout

Id like one with a motor tbphf. My lawnmower is self push why not my baby?
I hope so. This is a really small town and a very close knit community. That whole "fuck what everyone thinks" doesnt really work. Especially owning my own business

Ive definitely considered that option. But there are a lot more cons
>more expensive
>cant change route to make more interesting
>cant enjoy the outdoors
>take up more space in my already cluttered home gym
vs
>ill look weird

T- 2 months until I become a dad.

Got any advice for me?

Why not just get a jump rope? Takes minimal space, is cheap, and all the variations in rope maneuvers keep it interesting even if you aren't outdoors.

Hi user /fitdad/ here

In your shoes i did bb complex as a form of >cardio

In some time you could go back to outdoor cardio

Cheers forma ThE goodnews anob

You'll make single ladies wetter than the Pacific ocean

I got this so that I could be /fitdad/ instead of /dadbod/. I could run with it, and I got mires from cardio bunnies. Would recommend.

Modify one of those bike trailer things so you can tow it behind you as you run, that way if you hit a pavement crack or rough ground it should control better.

Or just get a bike and tow the kid, cover more ground, see more stuff.

This

Im shit at skip rope
Thanks fellow dadanon
Thanks for the suggestion
Looked into the towalong. But you have to bike a lot longer to burn the same amount and call me overprotective but id like to look at what shes up to in there

You can put a baby in the front of your bike, or even on your back. Also, if you're shit at skip rope right now, you'll get better. That shit is really fun to get good at.

Get a folding stationary bike

>under $200
>takes up virtually no space in folded position
>can do with baby in rocker next to you

enjoy it and prepare to micromanage your schedule to make time
totally acceptable, I push a stroller all the time. Women love babies breh

>I have literally never seen another man use one.

I see a few every weekend, but I live in a young hipster neighborhood.

Prams are a meme, just carry your babby by hand, it's great exercise and physical contact is calming and good for bonding, lots of cultures literally hold their babby 24/7 until it's old enough to crawl

jogging stroller is fine fellow dadanon

my kid is almost 8 and rides her bike while I run now. the feels are unbearable

Make sure you and mom make time for yourselves. Get a set sleep schedule early and stick to it. Sleep will be the most precious commodity in your life for the first few months. Most of all relax. I was terrified but its the easiest and most natural thing in the world
Not sure if trolling but Im not going to run around holding a baby
I really hope i have an athletic daughter. Mom is more preppy cheerleader type tho so we will be battling for her soul

Yeah I'm so swole af dad, I jog with my littlest, I get hit on constantly whole doing it to, feels Goodman but I don't act on it I'm happily married don't need these ho's

Run with one of these