Slamming weights etiquette

So Veeky Forums I usually work out in my garage but I cheaped out on all my weights and my barbell so my barbells bent to shit and all my weights are getting smashed up from deadlifts and rows.

So, I'm gonna sign up to a gym soon but have always let the weights fall during rows and deadlifts without making any effort to ease them down gently as, although I understand negatives are basically free gains, I don't want scoliosis gains. I also like throwing the bar onto the rack after overhead press because it's fun.

So how do let weight down without banging it / pissing people off in the gym. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me do people really get that triggered because you move more weight than them.

Should I just kill myself

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlifting-ipf.com/fileadmin/ipf/data/rules/technical-rules/english/2015_V2_IPF_Technical_Rules_Book_2015_classic_rules_in_back_section.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's no reason to throw weight. It's literally a non-issue. You're just being autistic, it's as simple as that.

You should have the same form/technique for deadlifting 5 plates as you do deadlifting 1 plate. If you don't, there's something wrong with how you train.

Lower nice and slow until the last few inches, then drop the weights. You aren't slamming them down, but it still makes enough noise to let everyone know you are lifting heavy.

It's loud and annoying. Especially when you're the only one doing it in the whole gym. It's not because you're lifting more, even someone lifting less than you but banging weights is equally annoying. Just suck it up and bring it down slowly.

>be me
>DYEL at college gym
>Constantly more muscular people there
>Only guy that does deadlifts
>Slam 90kg on the ground
>Get dirty scowls

Normals BTFO

Just chill out. Go to a real gym where you aren't the strongest guy there and maybe humble yourself before the iron.

I can imagine you could lower a deadlift slowly if you weren't going that hard but at your last rep bringing it down slowly just seems like begging for an injury to me. The same goes with rows letting it down slowly seems counter productive too. When it comes to throwing the weight with OHP I could probably get over that to be fair.

That's basically me but now I'm also flattered because I do more than 90kg

I can't believe this is a real thing people don't like I mean, how can you be such a special snowflake that you can't handle some banging while you're working out AT A GYM where people are moving heavy, noise making things

Is this just a cultural norm instigated by the jews to stop normal people getting gains and making rich ripped people look less swole

>how can you be such a special snowflake that you can't handle some banging while you're working out AT A GYM where people are moving heavy, noise making things

You're literally the special snowflake in this scenario.

International Powerlifting Federation - Technical Rules Book 2015

Causes for Disqualification of a Deadlift:
[...]
7. Allowing the bar to return to the platform without maintaining control with both hands, i.e.: releasing the bar from the palms of the hand.
[...]

If the elite can do it, lifting many hundreds of pounds, then so can you.

powerlifting-ipf.com/fileadmin/ipf/data/rules/technical-rules/english/2015_V2_IPF_Technical_Rules_Book_2015_classic_rules_in_back_section.pdf

---

Don't drop it. Just do a semi-fast controlled descent.
If it is too much for you, then you are too weak for the weight.

Why are you even mad I'm complaining about this retarded problem people have. I was hoping Veeky Forums could shed some light on why it annoys people but now I'm just thinking it's all just autistic screeching.

Maybe when I start at this new gym I'll figure it out but it really just seems like a massive circle jerk of people getting mad at someone for doing something everyone wants to do but tries not to to prevent making other people mad

Also: Grounds for "failure":
>Any dropping or dumping of the bar after completion of the lift

stop dropping the weight you ego lifting faggot

I can understand that dropping without holding the bar being an issue because it looks like more of a gesture. I keep both hands on the bar but bear as little weight as possible to avoid injury so it still bangs

Also thanks for posting source

I'm hoping that when I join this gym nobodies gonna care anyway it's a big warehouse night gym in an industrial estate with a lot of free weights so I'm sure I won't be the only one doing it

I don't do it to feel like a badass I do it because I feel my back is safer when I do it and it's quicker to reset for the next rep

The only reason it pisses me off to see other idiots like you slamming the weights is because it DAMAGES THE FUCKING WEIGHTS, BARBELLS, PLATFORMS AND FLOOR.

FUCKING STOP BREAKING SHIT JUST FOR ATTENTION. Unless you're deadlifting in excess of 500lbs, you have no damn reason to have to drop it unless you're either a weakling or attention whore.

Oh man I hadn't thought about damaging the equipment kek, I figured olympic cast iron plates could handle it

>Implying i'm not deadlifting an excess of 500lbs

>iron plates for deadlifting

no

>my barbells bent to shit and all my weights are getting smashed up
>why don't people like it when I slam the weights?
yes OP, you should just kill yourself.

I've got to admit it's all starting to add up now

the free weights of my gym was once closed for a whole week where they had to redo the floor because of faggots dropping the weights when DLing.

yeah OP you're pretty retarded, everything in this thread makes sense now

>It doesn't seem like a big deal to me do people really get that triggered because you move more weight than them.
You saw the reason they get pissed firsthand and you still don't get it.