/CUTTING/ GENERAL

Share your current diets, advice, and progress.

ABSOLUTELY NO SNACKPOSTING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CrzU-mWnyQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Every time I get hungry I go downstairs
>Pass a mirror
>Look in it and tell myself I am disgusting and that I can be better.

End up not eating.

>Only way to prove yourself is to better yourself.

Just gonna leave this here, dont you dare grab a bite! ;)

>boiled hot dogs in dry buns
yeah I think I'll pass.

I do something similar
>get hungry
>immediately drop and do 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups.
>punch thighs as hard as I can on each side
Now hunger responses mostly fade the moment I have them due to that behaviour-reward response

I don't cut I just burn more calories then what I eat.

that's the same thing. If you mean diet that's different.

my macros are currently 60/20/20 cpf
i get around 80 grams of protein a day, haven't lost any valuable muscle mass yet and ive been doing this for about three months.
i eat a shit ton of fruit and potatoes, average day is usually
breakfast:
protein waffles, strawberry chia jam
kiwi
banana
glass of protein almond milk
lunch:
ham and cheese sammie
celery and peanut butter
snack:
1 sweet potato with walnuts. cinnamon and some spray butter chemicals
dinner:
quinoa, vegetables, two chicken thighs, 1/2 cup of blueberries
dessert:
greek yogurt, more fruit and pistachios.

>60/20/20

60% carbs?

yep. best workouts of my life, i've never felt more energetic. whenever i need to lose weight i also do high carb with lower fats, some days i do 80/10/10. unless you have a lot of weight to lose I'd try it, otherwise do lowcarb.

>eating the same shit everyday
have fun failing and only ever getting half your micros

user i change up the fruit and vegetables every time i go to the store for the week.....
carbs and protein about twice a month

Dindin is not ready yet user! Dont take a sip of the soup! :)

Try bringing your carb/protein ratio closer to 2:1. For most people that is the optimum for protein absorption.

Sounds interesting, might give it a try. Do you get good results with losing weight? Or do you just like having endless energy reserves?

Intermittent Fasting has made cutting pretty fucking effortless family. Highly recommend for getting around 15%. I went from ~20% down to 15% in 2 months

I'm stalled at 15%, and can't get the chub below my belly button to go away. My caloric deficit is being hit, as I'm still losing weight, but it just feels like it's muscle at this point. Body seems desperate to hang on to that fat (thank you filthy peasant genes). Was thinking on going on Keto, but I'm about to start a really competitive training program for work and I hear keto makes you groggy and miserable.

Pic related, current body

i lose a pound of week. also the energy stores help a lot with working out, when i cut i like to at least workout 5 times a week, you get better results instead of shoving protein down your throat when half of it doesn't even get absorbed, if you put enough effort into your workouts and do it often enough then the carbs wont go to waste. try 50/25 cp at first and leave the rest for fat. you could theoretically just make sure you hit 25% protein and let the rest of your macros fall where they do, which will most likely be carbs

it left me pretty lousy for about a week, then I felt better than I ever had. woke up earlier, felt more refreshed, and was even able to do cardio. try it out, i'm stalling at around the 12% ish mark too, and about to start, soon as graduation shit is over (keto and social life don't mix)

Intermittent fasting is a god send. As long as I don't eat before 12~2pm(just make sure I don't eat after 7:30) and I have a super filling meal. Then I can either skip my second meal or force myself to fill up the calories that I can.

Plateaued at like 14% bf, doing a week of maintenance right now, then plan to cut harder than ever before. Any tips for getting rid of that suborn ass belly fat/love handles.

Can't get yohimbine in Canada for the life of me.

I want to do IF but I have evening classes, from around 530 to 810. When should I eat then? Should I just eat a big lunch?

why not just eat after class? Eat lunch and IF until dinner.

you're definitely lower than 15% senpai. closer to 12-13% imo

eat dicks, just dont swallow semen so you dont ingest calories

Current diet is around 20 45 35 cpf
I started at 5'10" 205lbs, Im down to 187lbs
My breakfast is generally egg whites, some fruit juice, and a multi, maybe a banana
replaced my lunch with a little deli meat and cheese in a very small salad and a protein shake.
Dinner is a homecooked meal, I dont worry about it too much. Tonight I made a turkey pot pie and some roasted brussel sprouts.
an hour of lifting, 20 minutes cardio
protein shake
sleep
typically Im right around 1600 calories net per day. My lifts havnt gone down too much, and Im looking way better.
The biggest thing Ive learned is cutting out snack and portion control.

Time frame?

Mmmmmm... cookies.

youtube.com/watch?v=CrzU-mWnyQs

The greatest strategy in cutting is making sure you don't have any tempting food anywhere near the house

Lost 40 kgs

My bad, about 2 months. I've been shooting for 2lbs a week.
If I could get my damn sodium lower I bet I'd lose a shitton of water weight too. I just love salt.

>egg whites
>fruit juice
>a fucking multi
>deli meats

What level of bait is this

I'm not incredibly strict with my diet but I hit my macros and Im consistently losing weight. Life's pretty good desu.
And multis are bad now?

how much i'll lose if psmf for 3 days fellow fitizen

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with egg yolks. Fruit juice is literally Hitler. Mutlivitamins are usually synthetic garbage and always accompanied by unwanted additives and in general a poor mans alternative to actual vitamins in you know - food. Deli meats nearly always contain sodium nitrites thats a proven carcinogenic.

Do you even nutrition bro

my morning smoothie:
400g water
100g oatmeat
50g strawberry whey protein
220g quark
150g frozen berries
61g (small) banana

would have put 30g chia seeds as well, but i was out.

tastes good, relatively cheap excellent in terms of macros (and i am including fiber among them).

>cutting

egg whites? wat? why dont you eat the yolk?

it really is, I basically have to map out grocery trips so I avoid the snack aisles.

Do you guys find it hard to lift when cutting? I've been doing my first cut for a couple of months now and in the gym I feel really tired and unfocused and I just want to go home after a while.
I'm losing weight at 2kg a month, and I'm eating the same thing for breakfast as before I started.

What are your macros? I'm not as full of energy as usual but I'd never describe myself as exhausted.

ofcourse. Unless you roid then you will have a hard time lifing while you cut

i want to refute your statement about egg yolks.

i can get 25 grams of protein eating egg whites and stay sub 150 calories. with egg yolks, im lookin at ~320 calories.

I just do a keto diet and not track any macros until I stop making progress. I keep a rough idea of calories at the beginning to avoid too much muscle loss. Then I tweak it a bit by like not eating a few less eggs or a smaller portion of steak. Easy enough if you don't care about efficiency.

I'd sell my soul right now for a half-dozen McChickens

I don't count macros, but I eat healthy and don't have some crazy macro split, and I'm trying to get a bit more protein than usual. I eat complex carbs and drink coffee before I lift.
It's not so bad on upper body days, but on lower I'm usually done mentally after squats.

Wtf are my macros supposed to look like? I see people on cut go low fat high carbs, high fat low carbs or anything in between?

so...you aren't counting calories?

how about the other nutritional benefits of the yolk? By that logic then you should just drink whey shake all day

what the hell is the difference between an egg yolk and an egg white?

you mean people eat eggs without the yellow part?

what the fuck??

Nope, but I weigh myself every day and I've been losing 2kg a month on the dot.

Morning:
eggs and ham

Snack:
Power bar

Dinner:
Chicken with veggies

is this gonna make me lose weight? ~21% bf here

count calories

I use pick related to create amazing variations of rice and chicken

Eat each day about 1300-1500 kcal
And not more than 5g sugar on 100g

Mostly I eat a pizza/rice/noodles at the morning
And at the afternoon/evening something with proteins

I do this since november and lost 29kg/64 pounds so far

just try out different diets and see how it works.

> tfw I would never eat that normally but it looks really delicious after 1 month of cutting

You can change your fasting window.
From my experience, never go to class on a huge fasted stated it WILL impair your cognition.
I usually have classes at the start of my fast, 2 or 4 hours in. But never forget that IF is a meme and you probably better without it, I just do it because I like eating larger meals on a cut.

Where do you guys go to get ideas for what to cook?
>Roasted chicken & broccoli and other similarly boring things
Pls no more.

is this bad?

How is IF a meme? I mean isn't the idea to fast so you can still enjoy big meals while cutting and not feel so hungry?

I want to punch that fuckface in the face

> 80 grams protein a day
How are you kidneys doing user?

>have fun failing
I've been eating the same thing 3 times a day for about 3 years.
You're the only failure in my boat you weak plebian.

It's not great, but it's not entirely bad either.

>80 grams
>kidneys
What the fuck are you even talking about user?

if that's what you're doing IF for, then its not a meme

if you're doing IF because you think it burns more fat with the same amount of calories cut you fell for the meme

same goes for keto

Ah ok. I've always done it only because I don't mind fasting but I like to eat huge meals. Sometimes I eat like 80% of my daily calories in one sitting

A friend of mine has a friend who takes in 90 and his kidneys are fugged, it literally takes him half an hour to pee. I figured yours couldn't be that much better off.

Itt: a bunch of wannabe nutritionists with body dysmorphia yelling at each other

Read anabolic cookbook

would not meeting the 1200 stall my weightloss? ive only lost 10 lb in 3 weeks

that doesnt work. fasted state begins 8 hours after the last meal.

Take a picture standing up next time. My abs look great while lying down and I'm like 18% lol

be sure that you're hydrated and getting enough sleep

eat something before you lift because fasted lifting is a meme

>protein
>kidney

I wasn't but still. It's recommended to get 0.8-1 grams of protein per a pound of lean body weight. 80 isn't that much.
also
>kidney
Please educate yourself

Well I'm not much of a physician, that's just how the story goes so I thought I'd ask

i cant stop eating pickles help

Been slowly cutting while trying to keep my numbers the same or increased for the past month, few notes

>Yohimbine
Good shit but basically the same as coffee in terms of effect

>Psyllium husk
Great for taking greek god style shits. Varied results with appetite suppression- sometimes it makes me hungrier. Good stuff if you get it right

>Caffeine
Great, but since the half life is 6 hours+ and it affects my sleep it's generally useless since I don't get hungry til 3pm and I can't drink it after 2pm

>Keto diet
Played around with this, it's fantastic for losing water weight from added salt and bloating from excess refined carbs and does help keep you fuller for longer, but it strongly negatively affects my lifts so it's pretty much a no go.

>More veg
Probably the best thing you can do to cut properly- simply eating more veg and meals based around veg rather than meat/grains you're eating more volume but less calories than before.

>Soup
Great tasting, cheap, filling. Stay away from white bread and you're golden

>Casein and protein powders
Always thought these were for bulking with a shit diet but I've come to realise they're best suited for cutting- I make protein fluff 2.0 (google it) which is essentially a big satiating bowl of food for a couple hours or longer for less than 100 calories.

>Erythritol
Been putting sugary foods back into my diet but using this instead of sugar so no calories/carbs. Custard, ice cream, angel delight and chocolate are now in my diet and all low calorie

Carbs are important for lifting
Fats are important for satiety & sanity
Protein is important for satiety & muscle

Find a balance that works for you.

>And not more than 5g sugar on 100g
You mean 5% of your diet is white sugar?
Or you don't eat more than 5% sugars?

Because if you're eating noodles and pizza and rice you're eating way more than 5g of sugar per 100g

Typical protein consumption for lifters is 125g+ per day

What the fuck are you raving about you lunatic

Welp, my bad. Maybe he meant 90 grams of supplement protein + food and I misunderstood. Enjoy your healthy kidneys.

>cutting
>posts bread

>macros
40/40/20
>breakfast
1/2 cup of oats, 1 banana and 1 scoop of muscle milk
>lunch
4 lunch meat slices of ham, 2 whole wheat bread slices, 1 Greek yogurt, 1 quest bar and 1 pure protein bar
>dinner
3 tilapia fillets and around 2 cups of green beans or broccoli

Am I gonna make it to a low bf% so I can clean bulk someday brahs?

Cutting is making me fucking depressed... Eating 1500-1700 calories a day of only clean stuff and refusing to eat / drink anything sugary.

I cut egg yolks because I like eating an omlette in the morning and it significantly reduces calories.
The fruit juice is probably Hitler, but it's tasty and has vitamins, so I don't give a shit.
As for the multi, since I've significantly reduced my caloric intake I'm not getting all the iron and potassium and vitamins I need, so I supplement.
And my brother manages a deli so he hooks me up with deli meat. I was making a sandwich every day but I cut that out in order to reduce carbs, thus deli salad.
When I'm bulking again I'll switch it up and won't need the sups most likely. But for now I'm getting all my nutrients and macros at a really low cost and I'm losing weight.
Fuck off.

>scrambled egg whites with bell peppers, onion, & salsa for breakfast
>morning workout
>apple, strawberry, frozen banana, coconut yogurt, & peanut-butter protein powder smoothie post workout
>salad with poached chicken for lunch
>pre-workout avocado
>evening workout
>post workout mashed sweet potatoes
>cuban black bean soup for dinner
all in all, roughly 1400 calories

>prolonged micturition
>kidneys
Top jej.
Your friend has BPH or maybe cancer

>cutting for some time now to lose my muscles (less weight for long distant running)
>doing 16x8 intermittent fasting, only eat two meals a day
>hungry most of the time
>lack of energy
The hunger is not that big of a problem but the lack of energy, mental slowness etc. Do i have constantly eat below TDEE or should i once in a while eat enough to reach my needs?

I really want to cook chicken thighs, but I know I'll get more out of breast. Feels pretty bad desu

Started at 85kg, dropped 2kg in four weeks. I'm consuming 2200 kcal a day (TDEE is 2600kcal).

Everything was going smooth until today were I failed almost every set (ID on TM for those fat powerlifters like me). I didn't get enough sleep and obviously food the days before but I need some protips on gaining or maintaining strength on a cut lads, cheers.

Stats: BW-83kg

SQ-180
BP-105
DL-190

Stats are mediocre but I have bad rotator cuff and ligament injury on my knee (both surgery), so go easy on me boys

>more out of breasts than thighs
why?

Anus meat in cancer buns. No thanks.

Isn't chicken breast more calorie dense than thigh? You can eat more for the same amount of calories, getting more (fullness) out of the meal.

wouldnt something more calorie dense have a lower volume? Like basmati rice wich has 354kcal/100gr in comparison to broccoli 34kcal/100gr.

Breast has less kcal/100gr then thighs, yes. Many of the kcal come from the fat under(?) the skin though which you could not eat (but who want that, its tasty and all that good collagen wasted).

Even the gerbera in the background looks more appealing.

I don't like vegetables so i've been skipping breakfast, having two scoops of whey at 12 in work, eating noodles and some form of meat when i get home and having 3 eggs boiled later in the day followed by a whey shake immediately before bed

131g protein and around 1300 calories

Yeah exactly, less volume means less of a full feeling, right?

I usually buy the skinless ones

finda flaw, fit, u can't

pasta - light mayo - chicken - veggies
erry meal
erry day
u mad?