Anyone here messed up their metabolism?

I weighed 300lbs and now I only weigh 200 after a few years of dieting and lifting. But for about a year I haven't lost a single pound when I was eating 1600 calories a day. Was my caloric deficient too much? Will doing a caloric deficient of only like 500 to 1000 calories fix it or what?

I've been on a plateau for a literal year and its depressing me please help fit.

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/bmr_calculator.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"calories in, calories out"

start working out.
i know Veeky Forums says calories in calories out, but what if you fuck your metabolism up so much that youre 150-160 pounds and eating sub 1200cals a day is the only way to lose weight? is something like that possible?

no, it isnt

your body will use your stored fat if it doesnt eat enough to keep itself alive

if your body somehow did not use its fat, while not eating enough, it would die

Don't listen to "calories in, calories out" fags. If it's in your genes to be fat you will be fat no matter how much (or little) you eat. My friend's parents are fat and he just can't lose weight, I has tried all those diets and weight watchers but he just can't lose weight. It's my in his genetics.

but how does your body determine whats enough? could it not adapt and maintain body mass while sabotaging other aspects of your body? like turning you tired and retarded and light headed all the time, and decreasing your blood pressure? my blood pressure used to be 120/88 and now its 107/60 last time i went to the doctor, and i've kinda stalled, everyone says it's natural and ive only been stalling for about a month but still.

If your metabolism slows, then you should increase it by having healthy calories and working out.
Calories in/out still applies.

I have been working out the whole time. With and without cardio. Neither works.

trash bait try again

i am 5"10 190 btw

have you gotten a food scale and do you track using mfp?
look at your weekly averages

Complete bs. Guaranteed he eats like a piggy in secret.

Looks like your body already "decided" to turn your brain off because you're fucking retarded

Read my post. This isn't a problem about counting calories.

bodybuilding.com/fun/bmr_calculator.htm

even if your body somehow slowed and weakened itself, it would still use energy

we arent designed to function without it, so your body adapting to maintain body mass is impossible

if you're still the same weight, it could be water retention or miscounting calories

No I he doesn't. We spend all day together

phew. ill keep dieting and reduce my sodium intake for a bit and see if anything changes. thanks

>taking back of the envelope calculations as fact
OP, if you can handle it and not binge, you should take a diet break for 2-3 weeks before returning to the same diet, maybe with a slightly larger deficit. CICO is real iff you can trust the shit that's written on the back of a container, expect to excrete no nutrition, and if your everyday expenditure is consistent. Seeing as you are lighter now and probably lost visceral tissue as well as some lean body mass, you should be expected to use less energy and your workouts will be less efficient as well. Even surface area (thermal radiation, your skin has an emissivity of 0.99) can affect how much you spend a day. "Metabolism" probably does contribute but I wouldn't say it's that significant, at most I would say it's a 200kcal gap just due to hormonal variations (especially if you're beginning to feel very tired). Take a break so you can recover that metabolism and cut slightly more aggressively to get to your goal weight.

Your metabolism will be fine. You should never cut for more than 4 straight months. Since you actually haven't managed to cut you could just increase physical activity and decrease calories, but I think you should take at least wo weeks to replenish your glycogen and rest your body.

Excellent advice. OP should do this.

Yes it is you retard. You aren't magic, your body isn't magically producing energy out of nothing to run.

Stop cheating on your meals and then coming on to Veeky Forums to whine about how fucking fat you are.

Have you had your body fat measured?

Just get lipsuction, it's literally the only way to get rid of fat cells.