Very good chance I'm about to run into hundreds of millions of dollars in my early 20's

Very good chance I'm about to run into hundreds of millions of dollars in my early 20's.

Up until now, I've lived in mostly in the lower upper class, and as of the last few years, in the middle/upper middle class.

Sort of don't know how to feel about it.

Richfags, how did your wealth change you? What were the pros and cons? What to expect?

Also pic only semi related.

I was poorfag rich (100k) for a few weeks while my alts were booming. It made me really confident and outgoing irl. I bragged about my awesome trades to all my coworkers and a few girls. I stopped talking about it under the guise of becoming more humble but really I just got fucked back to 50k.

DOnt tell anyone. It gives you a sense of freedom in that you dont have to worry about the future.

It also gives you a clear lens on to what you want to do, or more commonly, what are you to do now.

Take care of your family if you're close, otherwise keep living life as you are. Not gonna give financial advice as Im not a pro. My bro is worth 9ish million euro and he's 31. Its nice. He pays my rent which is cool, other than that I dont ask for anything. He lives like a bum though, like he drives a shitty car because he doesnt give a damn.

He has really nice guitars though

>Very good chance I'm about to run into hundreds of millions of dollars in my early 20's.
A fellow LINK investor, I see.

I feel like I'll just keep fucking around with money, trying to make more, a la shkreli.

>Very good chance I'm about to run into hundreds of millions of dollars in my early 20's.

Inheritance or your crypto portfolio mooning?

Something else

Don't really want to talk about it. Maybe another time.

I'll be your guru.

I don't know about hundreds of millions, but I'm worth about 12 million right now. Hundreds would be a lot different, I think that's a whole other league.

I live simply but nice. I have a nice car, a nice place paid for. I eat well (despite staying thin and healthy - don't get fat!), and I like to travel. I'll travel in the summer and around the holidays (I have no family or friends so christmas and all is irrelevant) and go to Michelin star restaurants and stuff because I enjoy that. I don't need to work anymore because I make enough off interest, and that does kill certain motivations for me - yet somehow I'm compelled to still work every day. I think I work harder now than when I was poor really.

The biggest surprise is I'm even more isolated. I keep a lot of my wealth a secret, but you can figure it out. People aren't stupid unless you go out of your way to hide it, in which case what's the point of having the money? To have it sit there and not live more comfortably? Just be cool about it, don't be a brat, don't flaunt it, be generous but don't be used.

Buy Lamborghinis and shitpost here with pictures of them regularly

This sounds like what I want to do, pretty much.

I find it funny how marriage and kids don't become any easier in this scenario.

lolz im in the same position but from 650k to 320k. started the year with 108btc now i have like 55btc worth. Was up to 175 at the peak. argh! I should be a millionare by now!! If i had put all those btc into eth or dash last year oh muh gawd. 10mil +

I know a couple well to do rich people that do a decent job hiding really how rich they are. I think people like that are more concerned with making the world a better place with their money than spending it all on themselves. when you're that wealthy you can live super comfortably on a small percentage of your money anyways

Im currently 20 y old and got lucky with bitcoin and ethereum so ive made a good chunk of money. A good friend of mine knew about which he told to other classmates and in no time the whole school knew about it. Suddenly girls will start to hit on ya even if they dont even knew your name before and people start being very nice. You will get paranoid and wont trust people so the best thing you can do is never ever tell about it, even your best friends. Yes i was stupid but hey i learned from it lol. Just my 2 cents.

This whole not telling anyone thing seems to be a re-occurring theme

Interesting

I don't have much relationship experience, but no it doesn't. If anything you have to be more careful because you are a target. You need to be aware of things like common law marriage, or simply being taken advantage of.

That's cool. Yeah there are some wealthy people in hiding. I mean I don't flaunt it but I have a nice house in a safe neighborhood and have two decent cars. When I travel international I go business class (sometimes first if I get a deal), domestic always first. But I still underspend my earnings by far and really I'm at what I consider comfy. Spending more wouldn't make me any happier.

Also at hundreds of millions and if people find out, you will 110% have career moms coming to get knocked up off you. It is absolutely a thing. Wrap up every single time, do not believe them if they say they're on the pill. Also coming from my bro's mouth, dispose of the condom yourself.

Girls do try to inseminate themselves afterwards, albeit a small minority. Go google stories. They'll bleed you dry.

Buy a lambo and make a video about books. Then come back to reality and make another larp thread.

This is definitely useful advice. That would suck so fucking much

checked

user, nice dubz, care to share what field of work you are in//what you started in or accumulated most of your worth doing?
Cheers for some sage advice.

No problem. Sorry to be vague, but, I'm an engineer that owns a business related to composite materials, mostly for the wind market.

I've got a bit over $7MM in crypto. Self-made, so I know what it's like being a pretty poorfag.

How are you coming into that much money? Parents' trust fund?

Things that change:

1. It becomes difficult to talk to most people about your day-to-day life and such. You realize so much of middle class life is about finances and related constraints. You don't have to be doing stereotypical "rich" stuff (say rolling in your Maybach to your private jet eating caviar). Just being someone who doesn't have to work and can fly places and stay in decent hotels and eat nice meals puts you in a different world of concerns. Even if you aren't trying to brag, just talking about your daily frustrations and triumphs are simply on a different plane. Likewise, it becomes a lot harder to empathize with normies. They'll be so excited they got some "designer shoes" for 50% off or whatever. You won't give a shit. Or they'll talk about some local restaurant like it's the greatest thing ever and you, having dined at several three-star Michelin restaurants will have to politely nod and feign amazement. You'll have to self-censor when talking to normies and be overly polite. Overall this will reduce your desire to be around normal people for long.

Advice:

1. Basically don't tell anyone. The word to use when talking to other people is "financially independent" and leave it at that. People can figure out you don't need to work, but leave it at that.

2. Probably don't flash your money, or do so on a very limited basis, not around people you live around. Go to Vegas for a wild weekend.

3. Mostly buy things that give you more time. Get staff to do shit for you. If you've got hundreds of millions, sure, get a lambo if you really want it. But 98% of the time just hide your power levels and get by in a comfy car like a Jeep Grand Cherokee

4. Don't spend a whole bunch as soon as you get it. Spend on what you want for yourself, not to impress others.

>have millions in crypto
>leech from hard working parents anyway and hide my wealth

This is pretty good advice, thanks.

EĆ³lic generators?

Hey richfags, what is your take on omisego and/or kucoin?