Show me your personal GYM [Home GYM]

Show me your personal GYM [Home GYM]

I am making my home GYM and today I'm looking for the necessary things to buy.
Also for creative ideas

What do you suggest are the essentials so I can work all my muscles.

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-appareil-dexercice/laval-rive-nord/station-dexercice/1258584852
exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ThighWt.html
roguecanada.ca/rogue-reverse-hyper-2
instagram.com/p/BS1gDAPBosn/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Essentials:
Power rack on laminate hardwood flooring
adjustable bench
Select tech dumbbells
4' x 6' Solid Rubber Gym Mat 3/8" thick

honestly this was my first buy today...

but why a power rack i can make one but why is it essential ?

Mine

Cheap & cheerful

Mind listing the machines you got
do you work your legs out ?

Image 3.4 bench & cable combo
2 Olympic bars
1 1inch bar
1 ez curl bar
4 adjustable dumbbells
400lbs+ asdorted weights
Squat stands

I do deadliest, front squats, high bar squats

Can also do leg extensions & leg curls on my bench, but don't

power rack is your own safety spotter. also holds the bar for you to start exercises. you can add dip and pullup bars to it.

Thanks mate. I'm sure you can tell I'm new to this whole thing...
It is only thanks to zyzz that I am here.

Pretty meagre but all I need. Got some more plates offscreen.

im thinking of getting this Let me know what you think ?

kijiji.ca/v-appareil-dexercice/laval-rive-nord/station-dexercice/1258584852

waste of space brah

Short answer, i wouldnt do it user.

You get a lot more versatility out of a barbell, rack and bench imo.

The only good thing is the pec deck, but flyes and bench variations are okay enough for me. Leg extension if you have a bad back? Lat pulldown if you cant install a pull up bar? I dont know, up to you

>rusty plates edition

What are some good leg assistance work you can do without machines? I'd like to get a home gym, but after squats I use the leg press and leg curls which I don't know how to adapt with just freeweights.

It isn't much, but it does the job.

The bar and plates were free :^)

>Rogue

Im jelly user

4u
exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ThighWt.html

danke

Left your dragondildo on the ground for the world to see.

power rack tall enough to do pullups on
adjustable bench
barbell

Nice pussy pad faggot

nice I already have a treadmill and a elliptical. No i just bought a bench with the barbell and a pair of adjustable dumbells.

Built this myself. Didn't have a drill press, those holes were terrible to drill. I also put in a pull-up bar that I didn't take a picture of.

Buff Dudes ?
Whats with the open fence so that anyone passing by can see ?

Dunno who Buff Dudes are....
but the fence was there when the house was bought. Makes it look pretty, apparently.

I fucking hated that bench. I have no idea how I managed 2 pl8 in high school on Thst piece of shit.

The reverse hyper

That's clean. 1/2

Good websites who sell in eu?

What made you hate it ?

dude i would kill for one of those... i cant find any used ones and they too expensive

2/2
Not shown is my bench all my dumbbells my ghd my prowler my sandbags my plates and my bars

what is that ?

Well I'm pretty wide so the arms for j hooks were very narrow for me. After college and getting my career I dished out the money for a rogue monster bench and thompson fat pad. Completely worth it. Your bench will be ok if your just starting out but anything over 250 if I remember is a guillotine.

Reverse hyper sorry for the pics being fucked.

get a hexbar, that's probably my #1 reason to go home-gym

I swear every gym in my area makes you pay for the higher access area or the bar is perpetually taken by the monster men clique that live there

Amost everything from CL

roguecanada.ca/rogue-reverse-hyper-2

General home gym question. How do I turn my blinds into a lat pull down machine or whatever you call them?

I was thinking stronger bracing and attachments to the window sill and subbing the fabric cord for steel. As for adding weight I was thinking it'd be easiest to string weights to the bottom of the blinds but that switching the louvers(or actual blinds themselves) with metal ones would help it hide in plane sight.

Anyone got any experience with making your own lat pulldowns?

I spoke with an engineer once about wooden squat racks, he said that they work fine for a while then one day they will break completely and unexpectedly due to a buildup of micro-fractures. Happy lifting bro

I honestly do not know what
> 3x15
means. Is it because I am european? Can someone explain it to me?

I didn't go this route myself, because I enjoy powerlifting, but if your goals were simply health and being basically fit, all you'd really need is a 300 pound oly bar setup from some generic retailer like Dicks for cheap.

You could do powercleans, front squats, press, rows, and curls 2-4 times a week with short rest periods. Add a pullup/dip station and get yourself an ab wheel for bonus points.

That would be the stoic way to go about it, honestly.

3 sets of 15 reps

-a rep is one complete repetition of an exercise.
-a set is a grouping of repetitions done consecutively.

3 reps, 15 sets

you basically lift 3 times, that's one set. And you do 15 of those sets

no. this dude has it backwards.

its almost universally:

x

e.g

3x15

Here's the redpill on it.

The hard rule is that reps always come between weight and sets. so you could either write 100 pounds x 10 reps x 5 sets, or 5 sets x 10 reps x 100 pounds.

However, when notating a program without weight it is convention to put the sets first, as you said.

Thanks

didn't know that, thanks.

I will be good for a long time then...
Thanks for your input thogh

Lucky mother fucker how much did you buy it for i really want one.

ayy have the same spin bike

best bang for buck

epic gym mate

Whats the point of a hexbar... all it does it deadlifts... cant we just do it with a normal bar ?

>roguecanada.ca/rogue-reverse-hyper-2
Jesus christ 1000$
Its fine mate ill skip

Take care of them and paint them with some adhesive paint/sealent while mainting an optimal room temp.

Depends though if you squating 300-400 then ya maybe its dangerous...

You can build one to practically identical specs easy enough.

Jesus christ the myths where real. Fucking Veeky Forums anons are the only bros i need.
Fuck you Veeky Forumsfags and Veeky Forumsfags.

Long live this board.

Nicest motherfuckers alive

That is basically what I do because I don't have room for a dedicated workout area and am kind of a minimalist.
My only requirement is being able to hide all equipment out of sight when not in use.

I use rings for dips/pull-ups. Barbell for deadlifts, cleans, OHP, rows and front squats.

The only real problem are squats, being limited to front/zercher/whatever squats is kind of sad.

Once I am done I put everything under my bed.

By the way, if anyone knows about squat stands or whatever that provide effective spotting and could be quickly disassembled to be stored, I would be glad to hear about it.
Closest I have seen are those squat stands that are connected by one section in the back, but I'm not sure how long it would take to take one apart for storage.

>I will be earl 30's by the time I have my own house with outdoor gym and heavy bag
Why even live

You spoke with a shitty engineer. That's not how wood fractures at all.

Im trying to get that zyzz aesthetics [i am 5ft 8 so who am i kidding but... zyzz gave me hope im no sad cunt...

The only machine I am missing is the Hyper extension and the one pic related.

If you know how i can substitue pic related you would save me a lot of money and time.

Thanks mate

God Sent

I have a bb pad for heavy glute thrusters and it comes in handy for paused bench and donkey calf raises. Im assuming user is using it for bench press as he has no safeties on his rack.

How would i build one.

I heard building GYM machines is a bad idea. Cause one misallignment and your growing one muscle than the other. Apparently it requires a tolerance in the decimal place of 0.1 millimeter

Don't be stupid bro. Plus the reverse hyper is a platform + handles + rod in tension. I've seen a few different plans for making one as power cage equipment.

Is there any reason to get a full cage over a half-rack like this?

Building a first time home gym with some of my tax return. This is only $350, while most full cages are going for at least twice that much in stores. It can be drilled into the ground for stability. I'm not so sure about buying some shit off Amazon that I can't inspect in person first

Forgot pic lel

i wish i had a gym like that

yo slowly start building mate one step at a time.

instagram.com/p/BS1gDAPBosn/

It's not necessarily a home gym

who else p o v e r t y gym in here
>implying i need to bench

>tfw I have a space that'd be perfect for a home gym, but I turned it into an entertainment/toy display room

Every time I get home from the gym, I wonder if I made the right decision...

>never to late to change it

Yea, but then I'd have to buy equipment and shit, and I have no idea where I'd put all my display cases, the action figures, minibar, TVs, couch, and computer desk.

It'd just be a huge hassle at this point. Hoping my next place has a big basement where I can have both the gym room and the entertainment/toy room.

can you take a pic of your entertainment room.
Im pretty good when it comes to interior design and getting rid of things in a profitable way.

Also Just let me know what country [no state or province needed]

and the general range of your income and how much you can spend on the equipment.

Ill do it for you no problem

oh and how much you spend on the gym subscription.

Sa viens de Laval donc non mon dude.

>pourqoui pas ?

taytay is cute but you chose the ugliest photos of her...

Fuck. Mirin hard

Pour rien, je shitpost à job

ah k...

where do you work at ?

>CEO and 10k a day

Best pic I could find on this computer (I'm not home at the moment).

If you need better pics, I can take a few when I get home. It's basically the same setup, but I've added a few things here and there.

>Country
USA

>Income
Household income of about 150,000

>How much can you spend on equipment
No idea. My wife and I usually budget shit out before we take on a project. I've never bothered to budget how much we could spend on weights and stuff

>Gym subscription
$10 a month (PF Fag here)

I think I paid 800. My buddies own cross shit boxes so whenever they buy equipment it's in bulk and sometimes they get 1 too many and I end up just buying it off them at cost.

Powerlifter here with a home gym.

good lord jesus mate.

i dont know how much you really want that stuff but get rid of it. there is nothing that benefits you from owning this stuff.

though i must give it to you that is one tidy room and it looks aesthetically gorgeous.

Im sure your wife isnt into all this stuff. So climb out of the figurine phase and sell them all on craigslist or ebay.

the money you can make from all this is enough to buy you all the machines you need.

you can keep your pc in the corner. install a sound system.

make it into a real entertainment room.

Install two fans each facing in the opposite direction [let air circulate]

you have a nice window to let better and cleaner air flow.

Also ask yourself how many times have you sat on that couch the one with the sword above it ? I'm assuming not much cause you have better things to do and you are married.

so you can easily get rid of it.

move your black cabinet in place of the couch.

Also place your TV in the living room. and connect your TV to laptop [no one uses cable anymore].

i see a small fridge. keep that and put it next to the cabinet that is now in place of your couch.

get pictures and posters of ZYZZ and hang them on the wall. since Im sure your wife
doesnt want sexy bitches all over your wall.

Also now that the tv is in the living room you can move all your consoles there [xbox, n64 game cube... i doubt you still play them i also have them but dont touch it.]

Also to simplify things incase you dont want to move your consoles to the living room just replace your pc screen with 4k smart tv. in the afforementioned black cabinet keep you consoles. as soon as you want to play with them just connect it to you new "pc"/tv screen.

and please leave that hell hole perfect fitness saw a video on that its horrible... but if you leave get another spot... Never stop lifting bruh. "dont be a sad cunt, be a sick cunt."

damn man your lucky you got those friends...

Mirin that freezer

Pizza Hut shill shoo shoo

>i dont know how much you really want that stuff but get rid of it. there is nothing that benefits you from owning this stuff.
I have nostalgia related ties to every figure I own. I don't just go out and buy the hottest figure of the month. I've been collecting them for close to 15 years now.
>though i must give it to you that is one tidy room and it looks aesthetically gorgeous.
Thanks, I try to make it a point to avoid the man-baby look. Believe it or not, my family has taken to using this room as an entertainment area.

>the money you can make from all this is enough to buy you all the machines you need.
I'm sure it is, but like I said, I have strong nostalgia for 90% of the figures I own. I've tried selling off that last 10%, but I'm struggling to find buyers.
>make it into a real entertainment room.
But it is, isn't it?
>Also ask yourself how many times have you sat on that couch the one with the sword above it ?
Quite a bit. My wife and I watch TV and Movies on it a lot. The kids also like to watch TV in the room. It's also a pullout bed, and we've had company sleep there many times.
>Also place your TV in the living room. and connect your TV to laptop [no one uses cable anymore].
We have a 60 inch TV in the living room. I don't have cable on that TV because we use a jailbroken Firestick to watch movies and shit for free.
>and please leave that hell hole perfect fitness saw a video on that its horrible... but if you leave get another spot...
I used to go to Anytime fitness, but swapped to Planet Fitness because I'm cheap. Still, PF is actually a great gym (at least the one I go to). There's no lunk alarm, dumbbells up to 75lbs, and it's an extremely chill place. Been going for 4 years and have made the same kind of progress I was making at Anytime Fitness.

Still, you gave some good advice. If I ever move into a bigger place with an action basement, I'll definitely do some of the things you suggested.

Repostan

Don't have a pic, but my home gym setup is:

>Squat Rack with lat pull down and adjustable pulley floor to eye level
>Adjustable bench with leg curl and preacher curl attachment
>Olympic 7ft power bar
>215lbs of plates
>Adjustable Dumbells
>Precor Elliptical with electronic resistance and incline

Also, for mats, get horse stall mats from farm supply store. They are GOAT and way less expensive.

I have very limited space, what kind of rack should I get?

Das about all you need mayne.

I'd swap the eliptical for a row machine, and get a lat pulldown pulley system. That's the only thing I can really think of changing there.

Can anybody reccomend a good barbell set to start a home gym with? I've looked for used ones but nobody is selling them around here. I live in Canada.

I'm not really sure what I should be looking for except that the bar is 7' and weighs 20kg.

If you can afford it, the smallest rogue they make.

Rogue ohio bar is good. They actually have a shitload of good bars.

which one would that be?
pic related?

Oh well, this is sort of a commitment, so i wont call you a fag or anything i understand the nostalgia thing.

if you have a garage try using that. Im OP by the way and thats were im building my gym.