From 1900 to 2000 the proportion of the world population that identified as Christian went down by 2%...

From 1900 to 2000 the proportion of the world population that identified as Christian went down by 2%. Atheists went up by 2%.

2% over 100 years is extremely slow and the rise of atheism is clearly much faster today: 30% of millennials are atheists... going by this exponential growth, in 100 years the only religious people around are going to be Muslims.

However, there seems to be a resurgence in Christianity among "intellectuals" and public figures. Are they just identifying as Christians for their conservative image or what? Or is it just antithesis to the current dogmatic atheism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa#Religion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Africa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>However, there seems to be a resurgence in Christianity among "intellectuals" and public figures
The alt-right aren't intellectuals.

>in 100 years the only religious people around are going to be Muslims.

Christianity has the most followers of any religion and it's brainlet status to think it's going anywhere. Why do normies still think that Islam has the most followers? I've told people this and they're shocked.

>resurgence of religion is alt right
you left wing accelerationists need to drop dead

Mehmet pls, aren't you forgetting something vital in your analysis?

Why not look at statistics instead of talking out of your ass.

>However, there seems to be a resurgence in Christianity among "intellectuals" and public figures
t. Peterson fan
Sometimes I forget that /pol/ is just three letters away

Christianity having the most followers is a fact. Unless Islam can convert the New World it's not going to happen.

Islam's currently projected to overtake Christianity by 2050

Okay but you made this thread talking about now and not then.

Who said Islam is the largest religion? Get that stick out of your ass you angry little fuck.

Islam doesn't need to convert anyone either because Muslim countries have extremely high birth rates, and Muslims don't generally abandon their faith (apostasy is illegal is some of their countries, preventing dissenting opinions).

How about you actually contribute to this discussion.

You start by talking about world population then about millenials who exist only in the US and to an extent the anglosphere and Europe.

Atheism undoubtedly grew faster than that in Europe over the twentieth century.

But the most stupid of your points is making predictions by assuming that the evolution of a cultural phenomenon can follow a set formula during any stretch of history.
In fact it fluctuates.

A lot can happen in 50 years. Christian cultures went from authoritarian and religious to liberal

The same can happen with Islamic cultures

>extremely high
Only in subsaharian Africa and Pakistan. The rest are at 3-4 kids per woman, except for the very rich oil states that are under that.

Because almost all christians are nominalists

I'm an atheist and the idea of a post-religious world makes me inexplicably sad

Good thing I don't live in Africa and SEA then.

Africa is mostly Christian

3-4 is double the rate in white countries

Never would have guessed it. Source?

Me too how will I act edgy?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa#Religion

It explicitely says Islam is the mostpopular religion fucktard

>According to Encyclopædia Britannica, 45% of the population are Christians, 40% are Muslims, and 10% follow traditional religions

Yeah, but that's white countries that have extremely low birth rates.

>According to the World Book Encyclopedia, Islam is the largest religion in Africa, followed by Christianity
Literally the sentence before yours. Not that 45% is mostly you dishonest cunt

The population of atheists has been steadily increasing over the past several thousand years in Hell.

The pope said atheists can go to heaven now.

This claims otherwise, putting Islam at 48% of Africa's population.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Africa

Does this work retroactively? Say my grandfather was an atheist, he went to hell. I'm an atheist, live my life as my grandfather did, I go to heaven. Is that how it works?

>The Pope said--
That's not how it works.

Heaven and hell arent real sweetie.
It's just sonething we tell americans

Oh it's not?
*Teleports behind you*
*Excommunicates you*
pssh, nothing personell, herretic

Who else is supposed to be the authoritative voice on biblical interpretations?

No he didn't, he was specifically talking about how Islam will overtake Christianity in the future, he never said it has

Jesus

An 19 year old social studies student who has never read the Bible

>future events
>Veeky Forums

pol hates peterson actually. They see him as a left wing shill.

>However, there seems to be a resurgence in Christianity among "intellectuals" and public figures.
What "intellectuals" and public figures exactly? Hope you don't mean Jordan Peterson, because this guy just larps and doesn't actually believe in God.

It's also falling even in Africa.

good one

this is just untrue.

The resurgence of religion is inevitable because of the abdication of reason.

That’s true, but the man Atheists fear is.