Is there such thing as atheist teleology?

Is there such thing as atheist teleology?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything
youtube.com/watch?v=Qoom_a03loM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Marxism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything

It would be this, but we haven't figured it out yet

No it wouldn’t.

explain.

i dont think i understand teleology

bumpero

cosmiv consciousness.

be an atheist, but have respect for all the world religions. there are huge amounts of human knowledge, art and poetry in the sacred texts. the more a person studies them, the more they understand the entire scope of the human mind and heart.

no
acceptance of any teleology is indicative of belief in a universal order, which, since it can definitively be disproven, falls amongs the "faith based information" that atheist explicitly do not believe in

>since it can definitively be disproven
wow, that was a fuck up
I mean "since it CAN'T be definitively PROVEN"
sheesh

There’s definitely an atheist dogma.

Atheistic Taoism.

>board of people who seem to think of themselves as intelligent
>somehow brand every person who doesn't believe in gods as having identical ideologies and world views

Really makes you think

it is fundamentally logical to presume that the universe was, in the very least 'created'
which means that to proclaim, not that one is incapable of knowing, but that there is absolutely NO creating force at all is inherently illogical
why should I not be asked to paint a group with a braod unflattering brush when the only basis for their alliance is they all belief one thing to be definitively untrue despite all rational evidence to the contrary?
again, to question faith endlessly is another issue, the atheist defines themselves as rejecting a belief in the universal order that allows them to continue existing with intent
tl;dr some people are worthy of derision

>it is fundamentally logical to presume that the universe was, in the very least 'created'
>which means that to proclaim, not that one is incapable of knowing, but that there is absolutely NO creating force at all is inherently illogical
Neither how logic nor the universe work and not what you believe. Do you realise all these desperate attempts at smug superiority make you look desperate and not superior?

>it is fundamentally logical to presume that the universe was, in the very least 'created'

That's one possibility, not the only one.

>which means that to proclaim, not that one is incapable of knowing, but that there is absolutely NO creating force at all

Is called being a gnostic atheist, there are tons and tons of agnostic atheists who simply don't believe in a god or gods, don't write off the possibility entirely. Because I'm sure this will cause some confusion,

Gnostic theist - I know there is milk in the fridge

Agnostic - I don't know if there is milk in the fridge

Agnostic atheist - I don't believe there is milk in the fridge

Gnostic atheist - I know there is no milk in the fridge.

>here come the buzzwords
I'm not here to listen to you fellate your own ego on an anonymous website
an atheist is one who rejects the belief in god
if you acknowledge any form of universal order/consistency, you recognize GOD in someones esoteric interpretation, and therefore you are not an atheist
tl;dr if you "know there is milk in the fridge" you are not an atheist
atheist is the word we give to people who explicitly reject the concept of milk and fridge as disprovable and therefore not real

just to clarify:
god is a non-being (non entity with no beginning and end) whose major aspects are inherently INCOMPREHENSIBLE to human minds, at leastas far as most esoteric interpretations of god go
for the layman, god is manifested universal order
if you believe that the universe functions with some predictability (which you do if you get up in the morning and speak and think rationally) you accept the existence of god, NOT the existence of some bearded man in the sky, the existence of GOD which is different
an ATHEIST rejects this belief.
to reject this belief requires thought, which, as mentioned before, requires the belief in god
to be an atheist is to live a contradiction

Ask me if I'm surprised that I explained a concept you don't understand, you took it as some kind of aggressive display and outright rejected the reality I explained to you.

>if you believe that the universe functions with some predictability (which you do if you get up in the morning and speak and think rationally) you accept the existence of god,
no

I'll tell you flat out I'm not surprised by this lackluster rebuttal that amounts to "you too dumb for me"
habeeb it

If you grasped the concept I conveyed to you then I wouldn't need to imply you are dumb. I have news for you user, if you are actually cognitively incapable of understanding the distinction between not believing something is true and claiming you know it's not true, you are dumb.

what you fail to understand is that you can;t just fiddle around with these words to pick some "deisgner faith"
atheist is a word with a meaning
so is god. a-priori in the understanding of the existence of god is accpeting information that can't be known
if you accept that there is information that can't be known (some form of gnosis") you're accpeting god
and you can keep denying that based on that not being YOUR definition of what god is, but it's irrelevant
god is already defined, and you're new words have no effect on what is already established

tl;dr I don't care what you say you believe and don't believe, I'm telling you elief in god is simply faith in reason, and you exhibit your faith by continuing to think me some drooling mong who can;t compete

>explicitely redefines the term god while telling someone he can't rrdefine terms
It's amazing how christlarpers manage to embarrass and disenfranchise themselves without exception with every single post.

You realise you're talking with an atheist right?

>atheist is a word with a meaning

Yes lack of belief in god or gods. It has two distinct main sub-categories. Not believing in god or gods, and being sure that god or gods don't exist, both falling under the umbrella of atheism.

>so is god. a-priori in the understanding of the existence of god is accepting information that can't be known

It is not. Not knowing information at any given time does not mean you believe in God or gods. You are dumb user, you are not cognitively capable of understanding these concepts.

You just called the guy a christlarper and an atheist in the same post. The guy I was responding to and the guy you are responding to are the same guy, or at least arguing the same viewpoint.

>christlarper
>the world is christians and atheists
good grief, go read some kant

not knowing information but BELIEVING THAT INFORMATION IS WORHTHWHILE TO KNOW is indicative of a belief of higher reason=universal order=god

>finishes with juvenile name-calling
a classic move

>I'm telling you elief in god is simply faith in reason,
Literally how is it possible to be such a tryhard asshole and not realising it? Clearly you must know this smarmy crap isn't convincing anyone, clearly you know it makes both larpers and the actual religion hated, clearly this isn't an exercise in honest debate so what gives? How can you be so desperate?

>universal order=god

user just because you say something doesn't mean it's true. You are dumb Private Pyle

>You just called the guy a christlarper and an atheist in the same post.
Exactly.

>babby's first esoteric definition
it's not so easy when you don't get to fabricate the thing you want to dismantle, is it?

So you think he doesn't believe what he's saying and is just being contrarian?

I'm going to give you a reading list of things you need to learn the actual dictionary definitions of before we can continue this conversation. After you learn them, I need to have you use them in a sentence so that I know you've learned the actual definition of the following words.

1. God

2. Atheism

3. Esoteric

I'm going to shower so I'll just blow my autistic load and be done

>teleology
>the explanation of phenomena by the purpose they serve rather than by postulated causes

>atheist
>a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods

>God
>(as defined by someone who actually believes in the accepted definition of god)
>non-being from which all being springs forth that either continues to maintain order or established order upon creation

1. take your useless exoteric intrepretations and fuck off. you don't get to set the terms for what you are disproving

2. in response to OP's actual question: how can one who specifically disbelieves in the ultimate intentional force in the universe believe in any purpose to phenomena at all?

your lack of an argument is showing user

You're going to need to use the words in a sentence or multiple sentences in order to prove that you understand what they mean.

Creating is a force intrinsic to existence, not the cause of it. The concept of a creator creates an alienation from existence, between creator and created - when these nouns are both part of the verb creatING. A verb is a motion. All existence is artwork, and the creativity of the cosmos through the means of physics, chemistry, and biological evolution has found a way to gain enough flexibility to bend on itself and create creators. Our self-awareness, our ability to question ourselves, is the creative process applied to itself (metacognition.)

Edutainment: youtube.com/watch?v=Qoom_a03loM

Teleology. Believing things have a specific reason and/or purpose. I.e. trees exist to provide us with oxygen

Atheism. Not believing in God(s).

Aristotele