If you haven't sold your alts for the BTC fork this November you are a stupid dumb idiot...

If you haven't sold your alts for the BTC fork this November you are a stupid dumb idiot. Don't be the last to FOMO bros.

why not do this a couple of days before fork?

>the BTC fork that could destroy all of crypto

priced in

>He doesn't understand why this fork is differen't
>He actually thinks this will pump BTC

If anything this is gonna destroy crypto prices as the fork gets closer. Either way alt holders prob gonna get fucked as usual

if bitcoin can pump 2k for a $80 shitcoin called bitcoin gold, it will pump far greater for segwit 2x

BTGOLD was a free shitcoin for everyone holding BTC at the fork it was basically a dividend payment for every1 holding btc.

Segwit2x if sucessful will become what we know as BTC today, there is no relay protection this time this is not two separate chains that can work independently of each other, you are not receiving 2 different coins.
If you spend your btc on segwit chain is stays on segwit chain you cannot use that again on btc, if you back original BTC then you cannot use segwit chain.

People don't understand this as they are used to the free money hard forks with relay protection. This is a battle for BTC chain only one chain will be left surviving I suggest you go educate yourself on this so you know what you're getting yourself into if you hold BTC during this fork.

i never realized how completely inane and stupid this blocksize thing is.
Is it really an argument over decentralization and spam protection?

1. If Bitcoin will ever be used in retail, the blockchain will not easily fit onto the average computer.
2. If the issue is spam protection, why not just make a minimum fee like ripple?

Limiting the block size to 1 MB just guarantees bitcoin can never be used for anything other than butttards spamming their begging threads on Veeky Forums. It will always be limited to large transactions.
AND
eventually it will fail at those too. It's already 160 GB despite the efforts to keep it small.

For its current use cases, bitcoin is already outclassed by dozens of shitcoins. If it doesn't grow, then its current market cap is massively overvalued.

Still reading up, but if this is the case it's a no brainer that Segwit2x will be the new "Bitcoin".

>Implying that fork is a good thing for bitcoin

I think it has a lot more to do with trying to take the governance away from the core developers. Like if you want to use bitcoin with a larger block size, then use BitcoinCash or Monero or some other alt. Supposedly, increasing the block size has several negative consequences, or else the core devs would have increased it a long time ago.

2x is not going to succeed and Bitcoin2x will just be another altcoin. And then we'll sell it. Use your brain.

there is no official relay protection, but you can use locktime to split the coins. I'll be planning on dumping my shitwit2x coins ASAP and if you're not, and you're a 2x supporter, you're literally retarded/n00b/shill. those are your 3 options.

pretty much impossible for 1x to be usable after the fork given the hashrate supporting 2x.

I got out of all my alts now since they took an absolute MASSIVE shit in the lead up to the last fork. I'm still bitter.

top kek. i feel bad for brainlets who have no idea what is going on.
it must feel so uncomfortable

Of course. Which is why you immediately sell BTC for ETH when you receive your 2x.

You literally just found out what's going on, and now you somehow have a conclusive opinion on this whole topic when this has been a point of contention for a year now and longer. Please, oh wise one, what did you learn from reading reddit for 5 minutes? What wisdom will you impart on us plebs?

2x is at most worth about $1000.
Miners don't mine at a loss very long which is what they'll be doing if they dedicate their hashpower to this shitter.

You're absolutely correct. People who haven't read the blockstream hype will recognize the level of bullshit here.

2MB-8MB downloaded every 10 minutes is not going to break the bank for anyone running a node. Your phone probably uses that much data to download a single web page or PDF.

Yeah, you'll need a litte extra storage, but at today's HDD prices you're talking about maybe spending $50-$80 on a drive every couple years. Compared to the amount an ordinary user will save with reduced fees, it easily works in their favor. And with HDD prices dropping you're just going to see even cheaper drives as time progresses.

Yeah, 1000 MB blocks would be bad, but this doesn't mean 2MB or 8MB or 16 MB blocks are somehow unsustainable. It's a strawman argument

brainlets have been arguing over a moot point for a year, i assumed they were arguing over something of substance.
It was my mistake for not educating myself.
It won't happen again and I"m going to learn all the internals so I don't ahve to rely on brainlets for investment advice.

Locktime, explain this please I too want free money

>Segwit2x if sucessful will become what we know as BTC today, there is no relay protection this time
This is simply not true. Segwit2x has opt-in replay protection so it depends on where you're storing your btc.