Martin Scorsese teaming up with Vikings writer for Roman TV series

theguardian.com/film/2018/feb/11/martin-scorsese-romans-tv-series-caesars-british-writer-michael-hirst

How will this turn out, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2012/05/case-closed-blonde-melanesians-understood/#.WoA_o-eYOUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't wait to see nordcucks get btfo by MED bulls

>anglo production about rome
>meds
They're gonna be Nordic

I hope Romans will be portrayed in a way they should be :)

If Martin's in the lead which considering the way these things turn out he probably won't be, it'll be brilliant. I love his period pieces.

>romans
>meds

>Wine coloured
Nice form of saying brown.

Starring: Travis Fimmel as Julius Caesar

>teaming up with viking writer
can't wait for the dirty leather armour and formationless brawls

>brown
Uhmm... no sweetie.

>Vikings writer

Gee I can't wait until they kill off all the historical characters for no reason

Wine coloured eyes are brown with a redish shade dumbass.

Is this kid Nordic?

looks like a native swede

>brown with a redish shade
No such thing. They are green, therefore light, therefore NORDIC.
Admixed with Germans.

greek sometime said the fucking sea was "wine colored". It's more likely to be deep blue. (their wine required to be diluted in water, it wasn't the same red clear beverage we know about.

>Admixed with Germans

They probably meant somewhat greenish blue, however it's still a Nordic trait.
>posting brainlets because of lack of arguments

>having blonde hair is not correlated with a different ancestry in these Melanesian populations. Rather, this is a relatively robust recessively expressed trait that seems to have been segregating within these groups before contact. Those individuals who are homozygotes tend to have blond hair, while those who are not tend not to have blonde hair. TYRP1 is a pigmentation related locus, so it isn’t surprising that the mutation was around that region of the genome. The key though is to note that the specific mutation is not found in Europeans. Rather, it is limited to Oceanians. The extremely close correspondence between the genotype and the trait, and the lack of similarity in the variants between Europeans and Oceanians, ends debate on questions of the heritability and possible exotic origin of the trait in Oceanians. Now it is known, and the debate shall end
blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2012/05/case-closed-blonde-melanesians-understood/#.WoA_o-eYOUk
Eat a dick

There are Nordic people with brown eyes anyways.

>beginning with the rise to power of Julius Caesar

Again? Why it seems like hollywood makes no effort to portray other periods of Roman history?

Big, if true

Hopefully better than the last few seasons of vikings have turned out though. There will probably be a lot of on screen fucking, and battle scenes will probably not portray realistic tactics and fighting. Hopefully the costumes are at least as close to accurate as HBO Rome's.

>dilute red or yellow wine with clear water
>get a deep blue
Wat

Still not a point, because Italians have Nordic blond hair genes.
No they are not. "Scandinavian" =/= Nordic racial type.

>Young Caesar
Is there really that much to work with? Outside of the stuff with Sulla and the Pirates there isn't much worthy of note until his Consulship. Are they going to be just bullshitting the whole time?

>Every thread becomes a Raciology thread.
What's up with this?. It's becoming really annoying lately.

>brown

The average person doesn't know about any other periods of Roman history

Imagine showing Johnny Plebbo pic related and trying to convince him that these are Romans

Can't wait for Tyronus Jamalus

I'm talking about the eyes.

Yeah I've noticed it too, I have no idea

MENA fags got mad when tv shows did not portrait romans like Arabia terrorists

It's best that they don't know much of the Late Roman Empire because then they'll make retarded parallels with present day.

I hope it's an accurate snapshot of a point of Roman history instead of mixing and matching the famous parts of all of it's history. That shit's the worst

For as long as I can remember I always wanted to be a consul.

WE

northern italians are white

I bet there will be black romans in the show. For "diversity" purpose

Odd way to spell capitalism.

>no doing the Bar Kokhba's revolt

>literally a holocaust show

Da joo would not allowed

but that was the Firs holocaust, film reviewers couldn't ever like to watc- oh wait they do like to watch that

you're a funny guy Cicero

>historical accuracy

someone should do a series on the revolt where the Jews genocided 400,000 civilians before the Roman military had to quit their campaign and come back to stomp them

this
>inb4: leather armour, 1v1 battles, etc

While interesting I'd rather see a show where the Romans DIDN'T wear Segmentata. All I want are Triarii.

>Vikings writer
I hope it's one of the good ones. For a TV show Vikings has some good episodes in its first couple of seasons, but it turned into -- historically legless -- emotive mush. Scorsese is cool though, so if nothing else I imagine the series will be entertaining.

It’s just a regular German.