Historical uniforms mega dump

Lets get a thread on historic uniforms, any time period, military units and battles usually get my interest in historical periods going, dump photos of any age, bonus points for obscure nations/units/events. Ill dump what i feel like i have tons of images. If anyone has a time period or country they want pictures from ill dump what i have if i have it.

Royal Guard uniforms from the Bourbon restoration.

Uniform of a musketeer of the guard during the reign of Louis XVI.

>Scottish mercenaries in Transylvania
Is this historical DLC?

Maybe a dumb question, but when were uniforms first used? Could standardized armour like the Roman Legions had be considered a uniform of sorts? What even constitutes as a 'true' uniform?

Filename says it all.

I have about 40 GB of Ospreys, any wishes?

>that grin

I read recently that standardized military uniforms and equipment were introduced in Europe around the time of the Turkish-Habsburg wars of the late 17th / early 18th century under Prince Eugene of Savoy.
Makes sense to me if you picture for yourself soldiers of the Thirty Years' War and then soldiers of the Seven Years' War a century later.

It could be considered kind of a proto-uniform, but production wasn't standardized, so there was still a lot of variation. Some Ottoman regiments had uniforms, but not all, and it was about the 1630's - 1670's when uniforms started to become standard in Europe.

I recall reading something about the English civil war, where the unstandardized uniforms caused confusion and friendly fire incidents, so they adopted the "red coats"

This is what i meant, great post user keep it up

French guard grenadier

Late 19th century/Early 20th century French officer uniforms?

Thanks, lads.

Its not a dumb question, but its hard to answer, ive read somewhere that it was the Russians, but i kinda doubt it.

YES

Never really liked them tb h

I'll start with the Franco-Prussian war, ok?

Easily one of the most aesthetic uniforms ever

Hell yeah.

Threads like these are always the comfiest on Veeky Forums, besides the book recommendation threads. Heard those were also comfy.

What are those things one their legs called? Those and the breeches are absolutely aesthetic, its a shame with went from that to wide trousers

The things that cover their boots are gaiters.

They're called gaiters, protect the legs, keep warm and dry.

Yes those, thank you so much.

>ywn be this fabulous

Can't find any specific stuff on French officer uniforms for between 1870-1914, have to do with general Boxer Revolution

French colonial uniforms

Any other wishes? Got pretty much everything here.

You got German Empire uniforms from the 1880s-1900s?

Any Spanish or Portuguese? Seven Years war, or Napoleonic era?

tow row row row row row row

Yes

I have to look, but probably

Self checked

Brazilian uniforms

here's Paraguay from around the same time period

godammit these captchas are annoying

kek, those Paraguayans were mad tho, got to give them respect, i have some Argentines, do you have any Uruguayans? Blancos/Colorados, that sort of thing?

poo

I think that's all I have of the Spanish, can't find any from the 7 years war

>dem baggy trousers
Why was this retardation ever allowed

Well it was also pretty retarded to declare war on Prussia and Germany

Here's something rare, a soldier from Luxemburg.

this, but probably comfort

NICE, dutch army

and since we get bonus points for obscure nations, here he is again

Nice, i have some Hungarian ww2 and warsaw pact ones