What kind of brown rice do you anons buy ?

What kind of brown rice do you anons buy ?

Was reading up on white rice that shit is disgusting and lacks in so many aspects... feel like i just made a break through in my life.

So was wondering what brand of brown Rice do you guys buy ?

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/brown-vs-white-rice/
nerdfitness.com/blog/is-rice-healthy-for-me-does-white-vs-brown-rice-matter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Brown Basmati is undeniably GOAT. It's crazy expensive where I live, so I have to make do with shitty short grain brown rice. Parboiled Brown Basmati is probably the Rich Piana of brown rice but I've never seen it anywhere.

There literally is no significant differemce between white and brown rice besides whichever tastes better to you. When will this meme end

authoritynutrition.com/brown-vs-white-rice/

???

I hope its not the same with white and brown bread man i gotta do more research...

>>>>

This is so insignificant for the amount of attention White vs brown gets.

its insignificant when you look at it know but bring your children up eating brown rice every day... now thats a difference.

So instead of eating a plate of white useless rice that lacks in so many aspects you get some extra vitamins and minerals.... multiply this by every rice meal you have and boom.

and to answer your first post its not a meme then its true.

>eating rice
>not eating the superior potato

White rice is basically like sugar. it's much higher on the glycemic index than brown rice.

What the fuck im I just discovering that white rice is absolute trash...
mind elaborating on that ...

potatoes are even higher on the GI btw (white potatoes)

>not activating your brown rice

when you say GI you mean galvanized iron [medical terms]

>he doesn't know about resistance starch

...Glycemic Index bro

Im fucking falling into the nutrition world of things and i dont know any of this OHHH GOOOD

so that would mean no more potatos and white rice ... should i simply delete them from grocery list

white rice is not a source of complete proteins (all 9 essential amino acids. Tryptophan,Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine+Cystine, Phenylalanine+Tyrosine, Valine, Histidine) so it is kinda shit in that respect too. Potatoes may be really high on the GI but they are a source of complete proteins so they aren't as bad.

I personally don't use potatoes in my bulk because I try to eat clean, but they are a great way to get some solid gains if you're lifting really often

nerdfitness.com/blog/is-rice-healthy-for-me-does-white-vs-brown-rice-matter/

>yfw brown rice is actually moderately worse for you

>Teleports behind you
>Takes multivitamin
Wow its fucking nothing

Glycemic index is completely irrelevant for healthy people. Stop being stuck in the 90s please.

>nerdfitness.com/blog/is-rice-healthy-for-me-does-white-vs-brown-rice-matter/
when you say rice you mean all kind ?

i do take multivitamins but you gotta stuff your stomach with something and might as well it be better for you than useless white rice.

Multivitamins have been proven useless though

why isnt it important ?

WHAT WHY ?
ive been taking them for a while how are they uselss

>current year
>eating brown rice instead of quinoa which has more protein and fiber per serving

Not gonna make it

Many reasons. The glycemic response varies day to day and hour to hour. The glycemic response varies depending on what you ate hours before, or directly after. It varies with what you eat at the same time. It varies with your insulin sensitivity, which varies with your diet and when you last exercised. It varies depending on whether you move or rest after eating. And more importantly, it has no effect on health or satiety.

And brown rice contains 4 times more inorganic arsenic than white rice, which ends up being so high in some cases that some organizations suggest not eating it more than 3-4 times a week. However, some varieties of rice are lower in arsenic, such as Basmati - these are typically more expensive.

for the average person not trying to lose or gain weight you're absolutely right. But foods that are higher on the GI (and high glycemic load) are typically the foods that make you gain weight/bf so it does matter if you're bulking or cutting

i guess im cutting so ill have to stay away from anything with a high GI.

You're right that insulin response varies from person to person, but if feel like we can generally assume that pure refined sugar isn't good for you

The only thing that makes people gain weight is excess calories though.

Refined sugar is glucose-fructose. Fructose does not require insulin to metabolize because it is processed by the liver. Beef steak leads to a significantly greater production of insulin than refined sugar.

There's nothing wrong with refined sugar, but it isn't a health food.