Depression gen

>get fit
>get employed
>struggling to the point of near failing, but in college none the less
>still depressed to the point that I asked my roomie to hide my gun from me

How does fit combat their depression and unbearable knowledge that life has no meaning

Read books and stop thinking you've somehow surpassed thousands of years of billions of written down thoughts before you.

set your own goals. strive to be a ubermensch. realise you have a lot of worth in you, but dont be arrogant. use your insatisfaction to fuel your ambition. if you dont have one, get one

>Be fueled by rage
>Have a steady group of friends
>Eat healthy
>Take walks on sunny days
>Unironically run or do a form of cardio
>Get a doggo
>Have a good gf, not a bad gf

Find a task
Give it everything you have
Complete and succeed

Rinse repeat.

That's all you can ever do, so make your actions worthwhile.

I'm trying to make the world a better place, but it's seemingly impossible

Find your own meaning, thats what life is about

Or if you want a predetermined meaning, become religious and live your life for god (I do not recommmend this btw)

>friends with few different groups of people
>none of them accept me as their own

How much do I have to squat to fix this?

Simple trick to find out what you want in life

Try to picture in your mind yourself in 10 years, how do you see yourself? Work towards becoming that person

kill yourself

they probably do you insecure faggot. god you are like a 15 years old, grow a spine and love yourself a little, it goes a long way. faggot.

And what if i see myself buried in the ground in that time?

>tfw don't see anything
I'm flying blind with no motivation!

That's the worst advice you could give on this site dude.

hurry up the process and kill yourself

Why is that the worst advice you could give on this site? inb4 no response

Well if you all see yourself rotting in a grave in 10 years thats your own fucking problem

>>Have a good gf, not a bad gf
tfw no sex for months now and we are starting to sleep in separate rooms

Take up boxing, or any other violent contact sport. I used to play football and fell into a major depression after college. Lifting helped, but boxing is what really pulled me from the brink. The pain was heavenly.

I know this isn't really fit related but I don't know where else to post. I used to do drugs, and I thought I'd shaken the habit. Whenever I got a craving I'd do something to occupy my mind, like exercise or vidya. Today I came very close to buying drugs again, and nothing I do is distracting me. I'm looking at churches near me to see if there's someone I could talk to, but I'm not religious. Has anyone been to a one of those narc anonymous meetings? Do they mind letting non-religious people in?

I put this in the depression thread because I started thinking about suicide to get away from the craving.

You can just say you believe in God to be sure, BUT they usually don't care. And it's not like they're gonna question you on theological stuff anyways so you're gucci mayne. Good Luck, I myself fell of the wagon recently so I know the struggle.

Ever see a psych? Usually secular. Suicide hotline was helpful as well

psychologist that is

Yes, everyone is welcome in NA. The religious aspect isn't specific to any specific denomination, you just have to come up with some kind of "Higher Power" I had a hard time reconciling the spiritual aspects until my sponsor explained that my "higher Power" doesn't have to be a god. if you don't believe in god and you try to fake it, you'll end up sabotaging your recovery. Your higher power can be anything so long as you have some kind of "spiritual" connection. For a while I considered weights my higher power, as silly as that sounds.

Regardless, go to a meeting. There are good people there. You can make connections with people who are clean and develop awesome relationships with some very good people. Good luck friend

read 'Mindfulness' by Jon Kabat-Zinn

If you say to yourself that things would be better if you had a job, got laid, got friends and money. but when you get those, you still feel anxious, stressed, this book will help you realize the things that matter and tune your frame of mind

Take a good objective (this means fap first) look at her and yourself and see if you can do better.

Because from my experience there are a lot of pessimists and people who don't want to get out of the bed in general here.

i'm trying to directly confront my problems, but i also have the struggle of depression induced lack of motivation and the fatigue. one of the things holding me back was my fear of women judging me, but i've recently started caring less because i'm just becoming jaded. they're as greedy, selfish, vapid, and noncommittal as men, so why should i even plan to keep people around long term? why even care if they have done something i hate, or think of me poorly? i can just move. get new friends, new coworkers, new whatever. women are so constantly bombarded by dudes that i'll probably be forgotten quickly, and i kinda get some relief from that. idk if i've built enough character to do this consistently irl, but i'm coming to the conclusion that anyone who thinks poorly of me can fuck right off unless they have something constructive to say. not gonna even bother with people who are dicks, and there's always a way to get back at someone if they're actively trying to fuck with you.
>life is meaningless, so i might as well have a good time while here

NA isn't specifically religious, but spiritual. I don't believe in a particular god, my higher power is the feeling I get when I clear my mind. The idea is to get in touch with your higher power every day, which basically takes the place of your former higher power: drugs. I get in touch by meditating and volunteering. If you really want to lose your desire to use then NA will help you more than you can imagine.

Thanks guys. It looks like there's something going on at my local church tomorrow, I think I'll go there. Might help just to get out or something, I dunno. There's an open NA meeting on the weekend too.

No, but I had a friend who was seeing a shrink. When he couldn't afford to pay for appointments anymore, he rebounded hard. A couple months later he drowned. I don't know if he jumped, or someone threw him in the water or if it was an accident, but I know I don't want to take the path he took.