Costco Protein Bars

These are disgusting. I should have bought the Pure Protein ones right next it. They were very close in price and macros.

or just don't buy protein bars and instead drink protein shakes which are far cheaper for better macros

you do know ON Gold Standard is only $60 for 6 pounds in costco right

myprotein is $65 for 11lbs

protein bars are shit tb h rather just eat another chicken

I got the Pure Protein bars yesterday.
21 bars for $15 is lit af

STOP SHILLING THAT SHITTY BRAND

god I fucking hate how much it's infiltrated Veeky Forums, myprotein is fucking garbage quality. I'd much rather pay the extra 12 bucks for less because it won't taste like total shit.

you will surely get the kirkland

why is it garbage quality?

Lucky guy. The Kirkland ones are chewy in a hard bad way, like laughy taffy, but not in a good laughy way.

I wonder what the fuck is up with mp prices
From what you read on the packtage it's pretty good and it's really cheap.
I don't think the shit taste is the cause for it to be so cheap
I'm still pretty happy with my 11lbs vanilla tho

Mixes poorly (lots of clumps, froths up heavily), tastes bad, and it tends to stick together sort of like brown sugar or flour so it's harder to scoop.

If all you care about is price whatever the macros are fine, but I make enough where I want to not hate my protein shake.

If I recall the only reason it's so cheap is because the dairy industry in the UK is heavily subsidized so they get whey runoff for very, very, very cheap.

sounds like you're just accustomed to the gouge on other powders.

i chug my scoops, ON gold or myprotein. if you need your supplements to taste good you're probably a big fruit

>buying anything with kirkland's name on it

lol

I like them, or rather they grew on me. The texture is pretty abysmal and it's difficult to unwrap without shit sticking on it, but it gets the job done. Also they have a lot of soluble fiber, which Pure Protein does not. I only eat them on my busier mornings.

Wrong. These are fucking awesome, and cheap. The only problem with them is they only come in these two flavors.

I don't need my supplements to taste good, they just need to not make me want to purge my stomach afterwards.

>Also they have a lot of soluble fiber, which Pure Protein does not
This is like the only rational argument in the thread, but I can't get past the horrible texture. Un-sticking them is a pain, but not a big deal.

>awesome
You need to work on your awesome meter. Not calibrated properly.

The flavors I thought are pretty good. Heavily taste of cocoa which is cool in my book

They get a lot softer when warm, so you could microwave them (?), or lay them over your coffee/tea for 5 minutes.

i work in a hot kitchen and normally throw one in my pocket before work. makes them way softer to eat and i dont have to keep stuff to make a shake in the staff refrigerator soCARLOS CAN FUCKING STEAL IT AGAIN I I KNOW IT WAS YOU YOU GOD DAMN SPIC. I do wish it came in more than chocolate fudge and chocolate chip though.. or atleast just let me buy only chocolate chip

I haven't tried that yet, but yeah I heard it helps a lot just like the Quest Bars. If they made more flavors it'd be great to keep one in the pocket or something and make it edible.

Admittedly pure protein bars taste better, but you're just adding sugar to get there. Cytosport's 100% Whey was $35 for 6lbs last time I was at costco, that's (roughly) $0.45 for 27g of protein vs $1 for 21g. Plus the shakes taste better