/fat/ General

Prev 300lb thread >> 41207066

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 less than that daily you lose weight, can go lower but never very low
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/2901?manu=&fgcd=&ds=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for paranoid I'm not losing weight because I don't have a scale and even though my pants feel looser.

What is a good alternative to soda?

I keep hearing about this La Croix stuff, what is that and is it good?

post em

Super good and not much more expensive then soda. If you've never had carbonated water and are used to soda it'll taste bitter at first but I started to acquire the taste halfway through my first 12 pack. Now I love it

I'm drinking one now. It's pretty good, it's a nice change from plain water which is what I drink most of the day and doesn't have any artificial gunk in it. Vitamin Water is only zero calories because of a technicality, so I kind of avoid it.

and this was today.
>I'm a skinny grill trying to lose last few pounds for my birthday in 3 weeks.

>260 lbs 5'7 manlet
>Stopped drinking pop ate more fruits and veggies
>Exercised 3x a week
>160 lbs
>Had to get my picture ID's changed

Slowly making it Veeky Forums feels good mang

So, I've fixed my macros, am eating about 500 calories below Maintenance, and doing some light weightlifting (I've got two 15 pound dumbbells) 3 times a week.

That's it? All I have to do is stick with it for 2-3 years and then I'll not be a fat blob?

What are the best flavors?

I just remembered that over the summer I did have a can of Pammplemousse and wasn't impressed.

At the movie theater I always get Lemon flavored Dasani water but hear that Lemon La Croix isn't very good.

I've been trying intermittent fasting, and, just end up eating a bunch at night. Not sure if there is much value above just having lunch and dinner at the same calories.

You might like too. Any big birthday plans?

500 calories below maintenance is generally considered the bare minimum you can do. Not sure how heavy you are but most people here won't be fat blobs within one year if they do 500 calories below.

>4 cups of milk+2 scoops of whey
>4 protein bars
>4 big burritos from taco bell
>2 jerky sticks
>1 crunchwrap thing from taco bell
>1 peanut butter and jelly sammich
>1lb ham sammich
>1 bag of sour patch kids
>1 bag of sour gummy worms

>1 bag of carrots

What the christ, did you think that last one would somehow balance the rest out or something?

Just drink diet soda. I like pepsi max, because it has decent caffeine in it too.

>daily goal 2,300

This is why you are a fat fuck. I am 5'9" (manlet) and 173 lbs and I just started pushing down to 1,700 cal per day (600 ish below maintenance) and it is fucking awful.

I eat a bunch at night. If I do have lunch it's late afternoon and then I'll have a high volume low cal meal a couple hours later. I make veg stir frys with meat or something like pic raleted for 400-500 cals that heap on the plate. It's the only way I can satiate myself.

nah i'm fit, just doing a suicide cut. it's supposed to be psmf but just makes me binge. Beach party with friends so gotta be bikini ready.

>Beach party with friends so gotta be bikini ready
I got a wedding in the carribbean I gota get ready for. Ive never had abs or a flat stomach so I gota finally push through for this.

wrong post??? my daily goal is 800 cals. I'm 5'8 137lbs shooting for 130

Wow 800 calories? That's way too much. 200 or no balls.

First day/yesterday I just ate dinner I was pretty hungry, but today I was absolutely starving. I'm trying to eat higher fat and hope that helps, but, it doesn't seem to. Then at night I wish I got fuller faster.

6 pounds left to my goal weight lads

fuck yeah dude you gotta do it, it's someones wedding so there's gonna be pics taken the whole time that people will cherish... 10 years from now someone will be looking through old wedding pics and see a candid shot with your body in the background... Make sure it looks good.

Better off doing zero calories/fasting for a few days if you only eat 200.

That's only the beginning. Next you get goal body. via lifting.

exactly. Im tired of being the fat chubby guy. Plus Im making it a spiritual thing now. Last time I was at this island was when I was like 10 and was the last time I was confident and loved myself. So now im gonna make sure Im like that again when I go again this year.

1500 kcal a day on keto

Breakfast -
2 scoops ON Whey Protein
3 tsp Fitness Fiber
2 tbsp flax meal
3 cups unsweeted original almond milk

406 kcal - 20g of fiber, 14g of fat, 54g of protein. Net carbs is 8g total.

Rest is just... piss easy. Fill it with whatever I feel like as long as I hit my protein.

>Ketogenesis Intermittent Fasting
>loss the weight without the lose skin
>become true Veeky Forums

>2 scoops of whey protein

Why not just eat some chicken? Time constraints?

Best way to facilitate all the fiber is in a shake, to be honest.

I do a YHCL stack and IF as well so once noon rolls around, I grab that and can go do whatever monotonous bullshit the day calls for.

But the lack of fiber in my diet was a problem. Wanted to incorporate more.

that ain't keto nigger
your shitskin body just converts excess protein into glucose and kicks you out of ketosis

Oh shit dog, teach me more about proper protein intake on keto after I've read every fucking study 30 times and know the exact protein amount I need to consume on a daily basis to prevent that?

I've done the legwork but I value your concern.

Protein gets converted into glucose?

Excessive protein does, yes. Your range is BW x .6 for lowest and BW x 1 for highest.

get learned bitch

>tfw never denied being nigger

I'm the one who responded to him, you dumb gook.

Also why would I refute skin color on an anonymous image board? Shoo shoo, /pol/ goblin.

Thanks. So if I'm 144 and ate 136g of protein today, I'm probably pushing it.

I'm not the original user. Just someone who does some IF.

You're within range but I'd drop it to like 115g just to err on the side of caution.

Remember protein is only useful for lean (muscle) weight and not fat. People just use body weight because you can't exactly measure that.

You can guestimate for the most part if you know your bodyfat %. Good pair of calipers should be in everyone's bathroom if they're cutting.

Google 'keto calculator ankerl' and input your height, age, weight and BF. It'll math out your lean mass and body fat.

>6'1''
>240 lbs

>25 and bald

Is it over for me? I have never had a gf and I have this weird desire to go extreme and crazy at the gym. But I don't want to do anything stupid

Have any other whales that started like me had success?

Oh I was reading sodium amount

>yogurt
>broccoli and carrots
>steak
coming in at 1480 calories. r8 my day.

Considering I started at 300 and am at 190...

Yes. Loads of success.

Ì lost my virginity and got a gf at 24. Still lots of time friendo. Although I am not bald..

Get Veeky Forums and find out, nothing to lose.

Do your ribs shrink when you lose weight? I feel like I have a fatty rib cage

Nice senpai what did you do?

How 2 get a gf? I am mildly socially retarded but otherwise normal

Diet, exercise. Exactly what everyone else is doing.

I was 6'2, 300 lbs. Cut to 1800 a day and started on keto for the first leg. Just gotta make sure you're lifting on a plan or cardio on a plan, whatever.

Stay active. 80% diet, 20% exercise but if you skip the exercise you're still only 80%.

That's not how a ribcage works, my dude.

Don't know what I'm gonna eat for the evening yet.

>How 2 get a gf? I am mildly socially retarded but otherwise normal

I got lucky, was a girl from my work. Although she kinda broke up with me due to my awkwardness. It wasn't until we broke up that I stopped caring what she thought and was able to loosen up. Funnily enough, she wanted to get back together but fuck that nonsense.

Moral being, you just need to stop caring what women think of you, stop treating them differently and just bee yourself. It's a meme but definitely true, I learned the hard way.

explain your ways to me

how big are you that your goal is that high? Are you jacked. You should eat more veggies family.

Over by a couple dozen yet again. This is a recent trend, I shouldn't have had that poptart instead of a lower calories fruit bar. Those things only make you more fucking hungry.

what do you all think about OMAD?
Seems like it could backfire or not actually work but I know I have the will for it.

I'm fucking hungry, bros.

In lieu of carbs and fats, protein can be broken down into the same mangle of carbon that constitutes glucose

How in the cock sucking fuck did you consume 6oz of pork that was only worth 180 calories?

Same here, always.

Just workout for an hour and burn more than enough calories

Me too, fella

Me too

Stay strong, we'll both fucking make it

it's so fucking hard to eat low carb

I just want to eat a fucking sandwich

The bones will not shrink, but you may lose visceral fat that is pressing on your ribcage. Pic related.

Real life doesn't even start until like 30 man, unless you get married and have kids younger like an idiot

I spent the last 4 days trying to cut my calories down (just starting out) and I think I've eaten more than I normally do.

I'm not gonna make it, boys. I'm just too fucking stupid to survive.

>trying to nofap and stop being fat

I don't know if I can make it in both something's gotta give here

IF and Amphetamines (psych thinks I have ADD) seem to be working so far.

I don't put my exercise in here, because I find it encourages me to overeat.

you can usually find low to no calorie versions of whatever you want to eaten. there's even low calorie ice cream now (halo top). just do a little research, it's easier than it used to be.

Holy shit, that dude worked out for like 11 months straight

WHATEVER IT TAKES BRO, CMON!

is it due to uppers that you're eating half of your daily goal?
or are you desperate to shed weight quick for something in particular ?

Binged today after nearly 3 years controling my ED and losing 150lbs. I feel so bad that I very strongly want to self harm. How do I cope with feeling like a monumental failure?
[spoiler]18000 kcal today, and I'm still hungry[/spoiler]

18000?????

how in the fuck

Idk the actual number, as I'm probably forgetting a lot of "snacks" (chips, soda) and am not counting all the chocolate
>Pizza Hut
4 Pepper Pepperoni Pizza (large)
Bbq Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza (large)
>Hardees
Half Pound Super Bacon Thicc Burger
Large Fries
Large Oreo Shake
>home
Gallon of Milk
Whole pack of Bacon
Biscuits + Sausage Gravy
Entire pan of homemade rice crispy treats
>mcdicks
3 Double Quarter Pounder w Cheese
2 large fries
2 mcchicken
40pc mcnuggets + sauce
>cold stone
2 "gotta have it" size Cookie Doughn't You Want Some ft coffee ice cream instead of vanilla
>home
Vodka, somewhere between 4 and 6 shots

I really want to purge, but I already know it's too late and I don't deserve the easy way out, I deserve the hate

I don't think I could physically keep that all down, jesus.

I think there is an appetite suppressant effect. I'm on 40mg/day of Lisdexamfetamine, and I still get hungry, but it's a much different sensation. More like being aware of something than feeling a compulsion.

I don't want to loose weight for anything in particular, this was just kind of where my eating habits settled after I went on the meds and suddenly gained the ability to do things just by thinking "hey I should do this". One meal a day, about a pound of fruits and veg, followed by some kind of protein and starch.

I'm also pretty sure MyFitnessPal under-counts calories. For example here: It has 164g of carrots at 35 calories and the USDA has 164g of raw carrots at 67 calories. ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/2901?manu=&fgcd=&ds=

Seems to be better for commercial foods; but still.

Down 55lbs from 330 here.

I witnessed my first Spartan race last weekend. My friends did 10 miles. It inspired me so much I went on my first hike in over a decade on Monday. I did about four miles on an easy trail and it felt great.

Mind exploded! I was wondering why it seemed like my bones feel so exposed these days aside from the obvious weight loss.

Nigga what the fuck did you eat!?

not. gonna. make. it.

How are you not in a diabetic coma?

I don't think it's possible to do this... Not without barfing or some sort of sudden shock.

>164g of carrots at 35 calories

I log a single medium carrot (around 80g) as 35 cals to be safe. They're basically carbs and i dont trust mfp for stuff like that. Some days i go ham and eat 2 plates of veg, comes to hundreds of cals, if underestimated i could seriously fuck up my diet.

"The belly is an ungrateful beast, never requiting the pleasure done, but continually craving more than it needs."

You're a failure when you gain back the 150 pounds. You're a failure when you let one day wipe out three years of work. You're a failure when choose to be one, when you chose to let that 'ungrateful beast' beat you. Till then you're just user having a bad day.

Stay strong, focus on what you're going to do tomorrow, and let the past be the past.

Been doing this for like 8 months now, down 85 pounds. It works wonders if you can do it. Fitting all of the days calories into one meal is honestly satisfying like none other. I can feel like I'm porking out, and still be at a -1000 calorie deficit for the day.

It's a very inefficient process compared to carbs or even fat. It's good if you're diabetic since you don't get a blood sugar spike.

Are you losing any muscle or are you burning mostly fat?
What exercise are you doing besides?
What's your ratio like, as far a calories of fat, carbs and protein?

>5 large pizzas
>4 double quarter pounders
>3 large fries
>40 nuggets

jesus christ why did I open that gyno thread

I'm definitely going to have that shit when I get down to a normal weight

We're going to lose muscle along with fat no matter what. As far as I have noticed, I haven't lost significant amounts of muscle and my lifts are still going up.

As for exercise I do moderate cardio 5 days a week and lifting 4 days a week.

I honestly don't give a fuck about macros except for protein. I'm usually over 100g of protein no matter what I'm eating, but my carbs and fat are all over the place sometimes.

Again, it depends on what you eat, and you can be more careful than I am while doing the same thing. I'm not above stuffing my face with 1500 calories of taco bell for my one meal, even though I know it's bad for me, I'm still going to lose weight, and I don't have to give up foods I enjoy.

Since I've done it this long without fucking up I guess I'd call it sustainable. There's no reason I can't do this forever, especially with an extra ~500 calories once I'm at my goal weight

Im just reached normal weight for the bmi. Aiming for ottermode anyone else aiming too?

Thiccmode but I'm shedding the excess fat first.

Good work my friend.

I've been losing about 2 - 3 pounds a week with IF, 1500 calories a day and light calisthenics and was planning on hitting the gym once this semester finishes for school.

How much more weight per week could I expect to lose if I lifted three times a week and did cardio the other days? I'm under 200 now btw.

Nice. I'll intentionally eat one meal a day, then.

Ottermode is what I crave. At ~33% BMI right now and aiming to drop that shit down by half or more. I'm not bear mode right now but neither am I skelemode or DYEL under this blubber so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

2300 is my cal goal for lifting days, I'm 165 atm.
I usually eat a fuckton of veggies but I ran out. Had to go to costco today, they had some cauliflower rice there for the first time.

Costco veggies:
Baby Carrots
Asparagus
2x Broccoli
Brussel sprouts
Cauliflower Rice
Cucumbers
Peppers
Spinach

>hungry
>no calories remaining
>wide awake
:(

I just had 2 packs of ramen because I was hungry. I wasn't even hungry... I just didn't want to go to bed with an empty(ish) stomach.

I hate my life. Don't do it, user. It feels bad.

me too bro

we're gonna make it

Only ate a 200 deficit today. JUST FUCKING KILL ME.

nuffin wrong with days like that, i eat a bit extra some days and hit maint, but as long as the majority of your days are deficit, you will make it

take a walk if it bothers you that much

>bare minimum

this is the optimal rate for most people, I know it's /fat/ bu don't advocate big deficits as something normal