Retirement Thread

Veeky Forums, at what age do you plan on retiring?

I'm 25, making $80k a year. I have about $25k in retirement and savings. My goal is to retire in my 50s. Is that realistic?

More details:
I have a pretty stable job as a software developer. I can expect a 3% raise each year. My only debt is a $65k mortgage. I max out my Roth IRA ($5,500) each year, and put another $9k into my 401k.

My dream is to retire as soon as possible. Is it realistic to retire in my 50s?

General retirement discussions welcome.

At that rate if you make good investment choices in your accounts you could easily do it by 50.

Understand compounding returns, you'd be in the millions

go ALL IN on LINK and never have to work again because you commited suicide

Not planning on taking crazy investment risks. I have my money in mutual funds - 90% in stocks, 10% in bonds.

by next yr

>24
>net worth 1.5mil
>wanting to retire by 30.
>worried about getting divorce fuked by gf taking 50% of my assets

>getting divorce fucked by someone you aren't even married to
What has the western world come to?

Enjoy those 10% boomer returns. I made more money in crypto in 24 hours then I did in the stock market in 2 years.

Cuck. 28 here, 150K in BTC. NEET since day 1, will never work, my BTC will be worth 1 million by age 40.

god this board sucks

Start maxing the 401k

OP, consider retiring at 25...

(((hint)))

>cryptocurrency

common law marriage

wage cuck here

3.5m net worth age 29

u a loser. y u so broke bitch

>not accounting for massive inflation and the collapse of the petroldollar

You'd rather retire in thirty years by stressfully typing than retire in one year by clicking your mouse a bunch of times. Normies are an enigma

I have 200k but no way I'm buying BTC with it at 6k, I'd hate to lose most of it

>Retire by 50
Where are your ambitions? At 50 you already been on a downhill slope for years. With your stable economy, you can aim for somewhere between 30-35, and still not risk everything.

I have 200k but no way I'm buying BTC with it at 1k, I'd hate to lose most of it

In all seriousness good call not going all in but its definitely worth putting a good chunk in

>401k

>reture

what a fucking wagecuck normie concept. rich people do shit basically until they die. There's no "retiring". Their work isn't physically demanding and they have access to good medical care so they can perform at 70 the way a normie would at 45. The rich may shift rolls, but the idea of working as a wage cuck until you're old and then permanently chilling on a beach is a poor-person idea of life.

You can retire in 10 years if you wise up

This. You can get very, very fucked with common law marriage.

4k on cryptos is all i have I'll retire by 30 with at least a million or i will burn whatever amount of money i have left anx kill myself on streaming

as soon as i made 2mil i cash out propably, buy a decent bungalow with a big garage for like 500k total, buy a lambo, put 1mil in low risk banking investment for a 30-40k/year return and thats it. i can make a decent living with 30-40k a year, owning a nice house and a nice car. saving money from the returns and put into crypto or whatever is the best by then. if my current investments are bullish at that 2mil mark i may take it a bit further, 3mil. cash out 2mil and let 3rd grow

26 btw. plan to retire by 30/35

I'm 25 on track to retire by 35.

>make 55k after tax + 15k a year from a rental property (bought in cash)
>zero debt.
>live at home and save around 90% of my income.
>325k net worth.

Id ideally like to retire with at least a 1 million net worth and have at least 30k-40k coming in per year though rentals.