Do any of you implement meditation into your fitness routine?

Do any of you implement meditation into your fitness routine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dDJ_wbjBL6c
youtu.be/LL2XUTeoUsM
youtube.com/watch?v=LkoOCw_tp1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do I unlock monk mode?

Lifting is a meditation if you do it right.
Doing 20-30 rep sets will make you meditate on the pain because it's so intense.

Otherwise out of the gym, on and off

96 hours uninterrupted meditation

I only do it when I'm really anxious or angry or whatever to relax. It works.

I'm not really good at timetables and things like that so I'm just trying to do it every evening but I easily forget

of course. body and mind are interconnected.
always meditate at least half an hour before exercises,
you do it too, you'll be better for it

no it's not. i used to think "you can meditate while doing things" but you can't replace sitting, you can't

Sauna Meditation.

As long as there are no idiots in there talking or listening to music on their phones. Also anyone who brings their kids in the sauna deserves a savage beating.

No. Any form of silence or time I focus on myself I get immensely depressed and angry. I take my phone in the shower with me and watch videos to avoid thinking.

Confront your emotions, user.
It's the only way you'll grow.

How to get into meditating? Just sit and think about nothing? Does it really make you feel as good as people claim?

The idea of to completely clear your mind by focusing on a single thing. Even in sitting meditation they have you do this most of the time by telling you to focus on your breath. Mindfulness meditation is as simple as just concentrating on whatever it is you are currently doing.

My emotions scare me. I'd rather just be numb.

Practice it like lifting my friend. One small portion at a time, just enough that you could handle but also need to expend a reasonable amount of Willpower to do so.

this is painfully recognizable...

Can't
Have ADHD
> yes it's real

read "Mindfulness in Plain English"

youtube.com/watch?v=dDJ_wbjBL6c

No excuses.

This. Highly recommend

This. Highly recommend

Spiritual exercises are a waste of time.

i wanna try this but i live with some people and don't want to ruin my normieness by doing this every day

no, i dont get gainz by sitting still

>meditation

Waste of time it doesn't even do anything

Yes I have found it's very beneficial. I do 20 minutes in the morning so that I get short term brain gains for the rest of the day, and I also do it consistently (as you should) for long term brain gains

Any nay-sayers are stupid as fuck and definitely missing out

Are all cretins

There's lots of ways, but try and sit for 5 (just five) minutes and every time a thought comes into your head, push it out again. Look at the inside of your eyelids.

Do it in secret. It's best to not tell people you're taking up the practice.

Similar feeling

This is why I always put a video on YT (withouth looking at it, just to listen to someone) or always let the TV turned on. I don't like really much the absence of noise because I feel really lonely and alone with my thoughts.

but how? a guy with whom i live has bed 3 meters next from mine
being student sucks

You can do it in bed lying down on your back, count to 100 breaths

Try finding somewhere else to practice, nature areas for example, anywhere moderately secluded. If all else fails, go full retard and meditate in the bathroom.

t. butthurt soullet

yeah that makes sense, thanks

fuck off sit replacer

vanity of vanities; all is vanity

I don't have to take that from you, motherfucker. If you don't like my idea, man up and be direct.

>t. spiritual manlet

shut up faggot i bet ur mom and dad transed into each others genders bitch

I can do this while drawing, only it takes much longer than pure meditation. I go through a similar progression of losing and regaining focus until I'm consumed with the task at hand in a way that is more intense and pleasurable than flow.

I don't think I'd be able to do that with weightlifting simply due the nature of the activity however.

Spiritual/mental gains.

Don't you have to sit straight up?

Is mindfulness even the same thing as meditation?

where can i find a good and simple resource on transcendental meditation?

transmed.seinfeld.gov

Every day. Don't buy into the Chakra shit but do research on it. They correspond to hormone glands and there are real physical benefits to consciously controlling parts of your body.

>there are real physical benefits to consciously controlling parts of your body
this is true. i'm consciously controlling my hand to perform a wanking motion as a reaction to your post. put my wang or your wang in there, and boom. real physical benefits.

that's for you only then.

You gotta first define what meditation is.

Yeah it's called lifting weights OP

You should try it

seek help

1. study buddhism
2. meditate
3. ???????
4. profit

meditating != focusing on something senpai

Meditate every morning and evening for 20 minutes and read The Power of Now.

best thing i ever started doing

thanks for the fitizen who suggested doing it years ago

Be celibate. Congrats, you already made it user

Fuck the retards that come in jump around, stretch, do crunches etc too. It's a place for relaxation not your body weight workout cunts

>try meditation
>feels good
>try to get someone into meditation
>"No thanks user, i dont want to summon demons"
Apparently a lot of people are told meditation is evil as a kid

Yeah. I do it. I have adult ADHD so sessions longer than 5-10 minutes are challenging for me. But it helps. I have some fucked up stuff in my head that needs regular facing and understanding so I can be mindful of the pain and go about my business without it eating at me.

I recommend Mindfulness in Plain English and Hardcore Zen by Brad Warner. Brad is a hippie piece of shit who hasn't lifted a dumbbell in his life, but he knows exactly what the purpose of zazen meditation is and has devoted his life to that. Gotta respect those kind of spiritual gainz.

Basically you are not blocking out or pushing away thoughts, you sit there on your pillow and allow them to come to you. JUST allow them to come, and then to pass. You don't need to interact with them, you don't need to respond. Just watch them as they go. You're not there to "think about nothing" or to focus on a mantra or object, though sometimes that can help. You are there to allow your innermost ugliness and weirdness to emerge without strengthening it by fighting it. You just... breathe. And exist. And breathe again.

It's quite nice once you understand why you're doing it and don't expect any DBZ superpowers or anything like that.

>hardcore zen
My nigga.
That book helped me taking the first steps at self-improvement after 4 years of drugs and booze.

I'm not shitting you when I say our PT at the gym where I work just cancelled his yoga classes and is replacing it with Pilates Because he's a hardcore Christian and watched a YouTube video on why it's evil.

I'm sure you can learn yoga with your satanist friends. It sounds like he's interested in not burning in the lake of fire.

eh, Yoga can get pretty fucking weird and spiritual

"Many Eastern religions teach that the source of salvation is found within, and that the fundamental human problem is not sin against a holy God but ignorance of our true condition. These worldviews advocate meditation and "higher forms of consciousness" as a way to discover a secret inner divinity.

Yoga, deeply rooted in Hinduism, essentially means to be "yoked" with the divine. Yogic postures, breathing, and chanting were originally designed not to bring better physical health and well-being (Western marketing to the contrary), but a sense of oneness with Brahman—the Hindu word for the absolute being that pervades all things. This is pantheism (all is divine), not Christianity.

Transcendental Meditation is a veiled form of Hindu yoga, though it claims to be a religiously neutral method of relaxation and rejuvenation. Initiates to TM receive a mantra (Hindu holy word) to repeat while sitting in yogic postures and engaging in yogic breathing. The goal is to find God within their own beings, since God (Brahman) and the self (Atman) are really one.

Differences in various forms of Eastern meditation aside, they all aim at a supposedly "higher" or "altered" state of consciousness. Meditation guides claim that normal consciousness obscures sacred realities."

maybe you can start to understand where he's coming from. Not saying I agree with him, but Yoga is a spiritual thing and if anything tests your faith with god you're supposed to cast it away.

I don't know how. I usually just get myself angry beforhand and wear myself out in a few moments. Repeat until exercise is done.

Sounds pretty gay

How does anyone link meditation with Evil? It's probably one of the least evil things you can do.

Mindfulness is the goal
Meditation is the tool to achieve it.
At least the type of meditation taught in that book. Not every kind of meditation is the same.

no one said meditation was. paganism is...

pretty good explanation.

Can someone explain to me what meditation even is? To me it just looks like a dude napping but I would hope there's more to it than that.

Its usually the extreme "pokemon is teaching kids to summon demons" Christians.

>don't expect any DBZ superpowers or anything like that.
You act like it isn't possible. I'll master the Kamehameha wave, just you wait.

That's what it looks like but the person in the act of meditation maybe going over possible dinner recipes to fighting with an age old demon. It's one of those things that is different for everybody.

>Replaces yoga with Pilates
>Christ was killed by Pilate
Hmmmmmm

youtu.be/LL2XUTeoUsM

There are so many types of meditation that you'll get a different answer every time you ask.
Some people try to completely clear their minds, some try to achieve unity with their god, some focus on their thought process and try to dig deeper into their consciousness, some just try to relax. You can do it with or without the Buddhist stuff attached.

When I do it I pretty much do the method outlined in MIPE, trying to become more aware of yourself, your thoughts, and the world around you and your connection to it.
I've tried to get into mystical Christian meditation Cloud of Unknowing style, but it must be higher-level because I haven't gotten anywhere.

Jew detected

youtube.com/watch?v=LkoOCw_tp1I

Hey me too

I started meditating daily because my psicologist told me so to deal with depression insomnia and anxiety

best thing I've done ever, even better than lifting or college, some days I even do it twice

A good book to get started is "mindfullness in plain english"

I do rosary every day. Read from bible every day, mostly psalms for inspo and power. Im going for christian templar mode.

I have ADHD as well, it might help you with it.

Sounds righteous af. But you should also start practicing swordsmanship if you want to be templar mode.

UNNDDERATED

can someone give me a basic run down of what medidation does and what benefits it provides? i'd rather not become placid/lose my aggression.

True. I do have a WW1 german officer sword and was always interested in fencing. But Im going for guns once I get a house, currently in transit to different states.

there are a lot of studies that show that meditation increases peoples self-reported feelings of happiness

it's like literally free happiness
who the fuck wouldn't meditate

The Zen way of explaining it is best:

When you sit down and watch your mind, body and surroundings, thoughts will inevitably arise one after another. The goal of meditation is to make the period of time between one thought and the next as long as possible.

Tibetans either watch their breath fall and rise or they visualize Buddha flying through the sky in crystals.

If all you are interested in is mental gains then I recommend Zen.

I hate sitting still after sitting at a computer all day. I do listen to guided meditations while running and lifting though.

I should add that when you gain the ability to inhabit this space between thoughts for extended periods of time you start to experience some strange things.

Zen practitioners believe that there is something extraordinarily significant in this "space in between thoughts" and that realizing what that thing is can take a long time, sometimes longer than a lifetime.

Lifting what? Weights? LOL why would you lift weights?

No bully pls :_;

Makes you a shill dude

the whole point of meditation is to do an activity that is not trying to make gains

I do Kundalini Yoga and Hatha Yoga every day. Keeps my muscles flexible and my energy high

>Not taking an active rest day (yoga, meditation)
>Making it

Pick one.

Yup. I do about 5-10 minutes in the morning and about 15 minutes at the end of the day.

I meditate at work and occasionally before bed but never when I'm working out. I use it to relieve anxiety or to collect my thoughts.