ITT: Post what inspired you to start lifting, no matter how cringy

>ITT: Post what inspired you to start lifting, no matter how cringy

For me it was watching Gurenn Lagann as a 16 year old, I decided there and then to be awesome like my hero Kamina

>ye

Boredom

I remember reading an old comic when I was a a really young kid. Okay, not reading it but simply looking at the story.
I remeber the silver surfer standing there with his board in his hand.
He was on the moon and he stared at the earth for a moment. He flew away on his surfboard and into..where ever.

That imprinted on me more then I realized. I always wanted that.

Oh and I still remember almost killing myself while trying to lift weights that my uncles were lifting as a little boy. My uncles looked on from the house and laughed as I struggled with it they went into hysterics when my mom had to come help me.

I never lived that down.

>THE STICKY
No joke. By accident i found it, it seemed like a legitimate source of information and it gave me all the info and motivation i needed.
I don't like shortcuts or false promises, so its down to earth stile and recommendation of literature really sat with me well

Dr. Stein from Soul Eater inspire me to start smoking when i was 16.

Football and NCAA dreams

But then women drugs and money came

Are you fucking high

This

I remember when all of Veeky Forums was crazy for TTGL

Good times

Jojo's bizarre adventure

Watching Fight Club over and over again while dealing with a nasty break-up... No money, living in a spare room in a friend's apartment with no job, sleeping on the floor and getting bit jobs as an actor during the day just to pay for food. Felt good to be in control of my body at least as everything else went out of control.

Hajime no ippo, Kengan ashua, and this motherfucker right here the most.

I went to a pool party at a friends house and I saw a picture of myself that was put up on Facebook later on. I joined my school's varsity swim team the next year because my friends knew that I wanted to change and most of them were part of the team.

It had been a thing i wanted to do for a while, but also it intimidated me. The idea of going to the gym as a skinny fat guy.

Anyway, i went on a holiday trip for a week to spain, nice weather. Saw some pics of myself witouth a shirt, disliked it. Cam back from said trip with alot of energy, decided it was time and went for it.

Now I cant stop.

I wanted to be like Mr. X in Resident Evil.

Kid Goku. He was adorable as a kid and broke the Natty barriers. Want to be stronk like him

フン…俺もそうだ

Unironically watching The Biggest Loser, then stepping up on the scale one day and seeing triple digits (kg)

shredded mate

I was developing an alcohol problem and I decided I didn't want to be a piece of shit

watching fist of the north star when i was 15 and realising i wanted to be a big manly man like ken