How does one gets better at OHP?

> How does one gets better at OHP?

Doing SS style 1.5x/week is definitely not working. I've stalled at 38kg, 44kg and now I'm stalled for 48kg...

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>stalling at the starting weight

Hahaha, how?

Lower the weight and up the volume.

Nigga my starting weight was the just bar and that was hard, not even joking

>Doing SS style 1.5x/week is definitely not working
don't blame the routine for your shitty results. people who do SS correctly get much stronger than that, so clearly it's whatever you're doing, not the routine.

The bar is 20kg you fag, how do you struggle on that?

Eat more

Not dissing SS but it is focused on squats primarily, I want to get better at ohp 1st of all

Then do OHP every fucking day. Why though? What purpose does maxing out OHP get you?

Simply I was weak af
Funny thing my starting dl was over 90kg but I couldn't do a single set of 5 push up rofl

it's not focused on "squats primarily", it has a squat, a press and a pull every workout. you do a form of pressing every workout, a pull every workout and a squat every workout. the only difference is that you don't alternate the type of squat while you alternate the other two. if you alternated back squat and front squat would it be less "focused on squats"? if you alternated the squat and did press every workout would it be "focused on pressing primarily"?

>I've stalled at 38kg, 44kg and now I'm stalled for 48kg

seems to me its moving you fuck

The dude is putting OHP ahead of Squats, he clearly has no idea what he's doing or where he's going with it.

Lift heavier, eat more, increase volume, sleep more.

My lifting goal to be able to ohp my gf for reps
I was t rex mode before lifting, never dl/squats less than bw/.8 bw at 94kg

CHANGE THE VOLUME AND WEIGHTS YOU MONGOLOID

>never dl/squats less than bw/.8 bw at 94kg
that's weak as shit.

>his max dl/squat was ~206
>trex mode

I doubt that. Stick to the fucking program and eat more you dumb nigger.

Exactly
How ?

Should I do it 3x5 every session just like squats?

Sorry I thought it was reasonably better than my pressing

Not candito t-rex mode but my legs and butt weren't half as bad as my shoulders and arms, that's what I meant

>Sorry I thought it was reasonably better than my pressing
no, they're both bit worse than your press.

Pls give tips on how to volume guys

3x5 every session 3x10 ?

Eat more fucking food.
Lower the weight and up the volume.
Just fucking stick to the program.

3x8 with slightly lower weight. 5lbs is a big deal on OHP.

That's completely normal.
There's a trend on Veeky Forums to blatantly lie about how much you started with or how long it took you to achieve goals.
Another common trend is saying it's "Your first time at the gym", but having a background of sports and physical activity, just so they can feel better that their barely intermediate physique is better than the one of untrained people.

Just go at your own pace, eat more if you feel like you're lacking in energy, and try to include other exercises that target the same group (using dumbbells for the same exercise does wonders for plateaus for example)
If all else fails, lower the weight and up the volume

We're all gonna make it breh
Ignore the failed highschool nerds who want to feel like they're superior to anyone for once in their pathetic lives

Thanks a lot guys
I'll do 3x8 ohp every day except scheduled 3x5 ohp days on the program. Thinking about adding some db press to it, maybe even lighter, just for volume, what you think?

Granted my sleep hours are very tight, I'll eat more proteins currently at 110g/day at 97kg...

every fucking time someone complains they're not progressing at OHP, they always never have fractional plates.
buy the fucking fractional plates up to 250g. at the minimum that's a 6kg/month, which means a standard guy harnessing noob gains can get 36kg improvements over 6 months.

Actually I'm doing 1kg steps (minimal available I found was 0.5kg pl)

ebay have them, rogue have them, buy it. maybe even make a diy weight using 500ml water bottles filled half way hanged on a rope.

I thought of getting iron washers, think that would be cheaper

do phrak's gslp
>t. someone who used to do ss

>
>
>
>110g/day at 97kg...

That's too little.

Granted that the 1g/lb figure that is often spouted is pure broscience that the fitness industry made up to sell you fart powders. But the scientific literature still points to a higher optimal amount of protein for maximum gains, between 0,70g and 0,82g per lb. For your weight you should be eating about 150g daily.

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/