How to tell if someone is natty?

>be me
>6'1 224 lb, with 6 1/2 mo. lifting
>working on bench, near my limit at 2pl8
>asian gym manlet asks to work in with me
>slightly annoyed but say okay because don't wanna be rude and agree to spot him
>at his final set he ends up maxing out at 285 lb

What the fuck Veeky Forums? Is this guy natty or cheating? I spent a few minutes small-talking with him to find out stats and he said had been lifting for 7 years and weighed 140 lb. Later followed him to the locker rooms when I saw him leaving, and didn't see any signs of gyno when he was changing.

Are there substances out there that massively increase strength without increasing mass? I still can't make up my mind on whether he was natty or a /fraud/.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HL8rM6pJK9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he literally stalked someone into the locker room at peeped at his nipples

It probably took him twice as long as you to get to 2pl8

strength has to do with not just muscle mass, but mainly "neurological" factors and length of limbs.
If he's a manlet, its easier
If he's been training longer, its easier
Ever hear of people flipping over cars to get a kid out from under it?

He has better leverages than you + 6 years of experience on you.

wtf did you expect

Halotestin increases strength a lot without a ton of mass

>140
>lifting for 7 years
>140
Yeah he's prolly running 900g tren weekly you dumb fuck

I get that he has better leverages and way more gym time, but it was still over 2x his bodyweight. Is that even possible?

>How to tell if someone is natty?
You can't. You can't prove a negative, and most people on gear aren't blatantly on. Don't worry about it, if you put half the effort into your bench that you put into inspecting that guy's nipples you wouldn't be struggling.

I'm thinking of just accusing him of roids to his face next time I see him at the gym to gauge his reaction. What kind of reactions will tell me if he's a /fraud/?

My goodness, Cassie. Don't bitch, just get stronger and train harder.

if he stutters and presents his boipucci to you, hes /fraud/ my friend

Under 10% bf at a bmi over like 25 = artificial

90% sure that asian manlet was like 5'5 or 5'6 tops

im 5'10" 190lb 3x5 250lb bench, all natty.

you just suck.

don't do this, dumb faggot.

I max out at 230 lb. In what universe do you live in that I suck, you dumb fuck?

you suck because you give too much of a shit about people roiding. nobody cares, get over your shit bench stats.

230 is good. But it also depends if you're more into body building or power lifting. A bb style 230 bench is more impressive than a 230 power lifting bench where they use an excessive arch and hip drive.

Do you really think that someone could mistake for not natty with such poverty bench?

Of course it's fucking possible. You already listed off 2 huge factors right in your post.

You see some crazy numbers from Asians for sure sometimes.

>6'1 224 lb
>I max out at 230 lb. In what universe do you live in that I suck, you dumb fuck?

So you bench literally 6 lb over your body weight. In what universe do you live in that this is considered impressive, you dumb fuck?

>shitty bunch, barely rep 185 for 10, bw 180
>check Veeky Forums
>apparently the bar has been lowered
thanks god.

>230
>good
>arguing distinctions between a bb/power bench at 230 lb

pick none, 230 1rm is trash on any form you use.

no of course not, but OP is listing off other poverty bench stats that he thinks are roided for.

youtube.com/watch?v=HL8rM6pJK9o

The correlation between mass and strength obviously exists but is variable and kinda loose. Read up on how the nervous system is involved in muscle recruitment and strength gains. People using roids that know how to use aromatase inhibitors and SERMs are usually able to avoid gyno. 7 years is a long time to be lifting, and 285 for a final set is easily achievable as a natty in that timeframe.

Who cares if he is or isn't natty anyway?

impressive but tf is even the point of lifting that much if you look like you don't?

>Doesn't even conceal his power level

>reeeeeeeeeee this guy can lift more than me how is it possible he must be cheatiiing
guess the manlet treshold has been extended to 6'1 because OP got dat napoleon complex

>bw bench
>not shit

This is the Veeky Forums we live in today

Fortunately, your delusions do not set the standards.
The average male can only bench press 135. Only 5% of males can bench press above 195. Less than 1% can bench press 230.
So...hmmm....performing a feat that less than 1% of the population is capable of?
Yeah, you're delusional.
>arguing distinctions between a bb/power bench at 230 lb
I get it, you're a fat power lifter who got upset because we know that the way power lifters bench is pathetic. A 230 BB bencher, can bench 275 easily if they use all the kike tricks you autistic power lifters love to use.

How do some people get strong without getting big, and how do I avoid it?

try becoming a gym asian

lol accusing someone of roids with a slightly better bench than yours which is quite weak

Get a decent beginner programme until you can do 225 for sets of 5

Kek less than 5% of males go to the gym regularly retard. Your bench is shit get over it. Everyone has to start somewhere and you have time to improve

keep weight on the lower end relative to height.

It's not that he had a better bench, it was that it was 2x his weight. I just don't believe that's natty.

>he compares himself to other people that don't even train his special autist lift
>he compares himself to the general population and not to other lifters
>he hasn't even plotted his numbers into any form of strength calculator because any calculator will say you are a weakling

>he said had been lifting for 7 years

How much do you think you're going to be pushing after 7 years of lifting? 2x bw is pretty reasonable for experienced lifters. Surely you can improve a lot from your gutter trash barely above bw bench. Actually it would be pretty shameful if you were weaker than this guy after 7 years of lifting to be quite honest fampai

It's the concept of red vs white muscle fibers. Slow-twitch, high-endurance fibers are red and are the majority of your muscle mass. Fast-twitch, white fibers dictate strength and don't occupy a lot of physical space. To get strong without getting big, you'd want long reats between sets, small sets near your 1rm. Spam those white fibers then let them recover before fatiguing them again.

To do the inverse is to train like Arnold, for mass. His rest times are closer to 45 seconds between sets, sets are of 12, and are around 60% of his 1rm. This routine insures that you can engage all of your bulky, slow-twitch fibers and build a larger muscle.

Lmao at people measuring their bench as a strenght standard.
Bench is one of the most useless exercises.
It doesn't even translate to the field.

Benchlet detected

>implying you should compare your self to the general population you dumb mong
230 bench at 224 is objectively a shit lift

OP I'm 5'6 and I reo 225 for 4x8 as my work out. You're just weak. I also weigh 197.

wew chill out fatty, doing the same at 155

watch his other videos. He has a family and small kids, talks and posts about lifting failures and seems like a reasonable, pleasant guy overall.
I really doubt he is roiding