Who had the best knights of Medieval Europe and why was it the Hungarians?

Who had the best knights of Medieval Europe and why was it the Hungarians?

>WE WUZ 'NIGHTS AND SHIIIIET
>NOT URALIC SHIT EATING STEPPE NIGGERS

brainlet here. Were knights a title of nobility, a rank in the military, or both? Could someone be a knight and never engage in combat? What if some royal was born crippled, could he be made a knight

pic related

It varies in different countries but basically the word knight in it's original meaning (so no honourable knighthoods and knight orders) covers people that could afford to buy knightly armour (so basically nobles) and actually fought in them. In western Europe this was most often the lower class of nobility and often second, third etc. sons, who wouldn't have inherited anyways in a primogeniture so they could go to war without risking too much. In Eastern Europe, the knightly culture only spread to rhe high nobility. These nobles/knights formed the heavy cavalries and infantry in armies. Another meaning of the word would be the title of knight which you could get in exchange for some exceptional stufd you did. Knighta like those were basically not even part of the nobility though and most of the time came without a grant of land as well as it was a non-heritable title so it wasn't a too prestigious thing.

Real life isn't a video game. There's not different countries with their different stats for what their heavy cavalry is worth. It also depends of the time period and what you even consider what "best" means. What the hell do you even hear by that, huh ? The most numerous ? The most well-armed ? Organized ? Those who had the greatest number of victories ? And even now how the hell would this depends of anything other than certain circumstances ?

Just to give you an exemple of your hungarian """"""heroes"""""" : At the battle of Nicopolis, they fled and left the field while the french aristocracy was bleeding against the ottomans.

lets not mention the fact that the french fucked that battle up and that Sigismund was captured

>be french
>fight charge the enemy
>no hungarian or german "allies" come to your help
>doesn't matter keep fighting
>beat the turks
>still no hungarian or german "allies"
>pursue them
>oops their numerous than first thought
>call to help your fellow """"allies""""
>wherethefuckdidtheygo.jpg
>get btfo

French sure fucked """"your"""" battle

Best at catching rocks with their heads

>be french
>ignore allied battleplan and charge like retards because "muh honneur"
>hungarians decide to not kill themselves like the frogs and leave
I don't know what you're expecting, my man.

The best part is Jean Le Maingre was at both Nicopolis and Agincourt.

The French didn't even learn from experience.

T.trianonboi

Nah French had a battle pman at Agincourt. They just didn't take into the terrains and their enormous numbers.

Jean was against a straight charge in Agincourt, but he got vetoed by the younger knights.

Shame, too. He was a total dude. Used to do that thing where climbed up the underside of a ladder in full armour.

Knight starts as a military thing, then becomes codified, then an honorific
If you wanna see really cool shit, it’s the Imperial Knights of the HRE who retain imperial immediacy despite what their dukes wanted

you romanians are fucking sad

>French are told to stay in reserve
>they charge as the front line getting fucked over by archers
What is it with the French and their love for arrows in their asses

>maybe I'm serbian
>or slovak
>or austrian
>or ukrainian
>or croatian
>or even romanian
Botton line is, we all hate you,goulashnigger

>maybe I'm serbian
equally sad

Sadder than a hungarian post-Trianon?
Boi, you make me laugh

It was the Normans, easily

I will go for the french the whole thing of knight is basically came from them and in litterally all there defeat is due to their arrogance

>be black army dude
>job is to murder for money
>be good at it, "love" your employer
>he dies
>decide to cuck his son's attempt for the throne
>chimp out because your pay is late
>get BTFO
>fuck off South, try to betray Hungary and get the T*rks into Belgrade
>get killed for good
>glorious

Serbian black knights

That's why they were best
Being a steppe nigger automatically makes you great at warfare in the absence of gunpowder.

While it differed from region to region, being a knight did not automatically mean that you were a nobleman. In fact, in the HRE for example, the majority of the knights were common born men who belonged to a social caste of "ministerialis" who were essentially still serfs to a lord but who came to hold ranks and offices, placing them generally on top of regular "commoners" in the social hierarchy. Military duties were also part of that, e.g. serving as heavy cavalry on the battlefield. In medieval texts there is usually a distinction between "free" knights, i.e. men of noble blood that were knighted, and "common" knights who were bondsmen. Approaching the late middle ages these ministerialis gradually became regarded as actual nobility though.
Knighthood itself was essentially an award that came with certain privileges but also duties and requirements. Also, as I said before, it was not a title of nobility that could be inherited. Being the eldest son of a knight does not make you a knight (albeit it certainly made you more eligible to knighthood in practice) - it was a purely personal award. In terms of privileges it commanded respect. Most certainly commoners, but even noblemen (in particular when they belonged to lesser nobility and weren't knighted themselves) had to respect the knight. But it also came with duties, and I'm not referring to chivalric ideals here, but very relevant worldly requirements in the form of maintaining a full set of arms and armour, multiple horses, servants, educational duties that meant having to serve as instructors to squires that would attempt to become knights themselves, etc. - which was all really expensive and time consuming. This is also one of the reasons why many actual noblemen did not ever bother to become knights, either because it was too much of a hassle or - if they belonged to the lesser nobility - if they plain could not afford it.