Hello Veeky Forums ive injured my shoulder and can no longer bench without popping it...

Hello Veeky Forums ive injured my shoulder and can no longer bench without popping it. I am wondering what exercises i could do instead of benching that would give me great results. I lift with a focus in strength. Tldr exercise to replace bench

Other urls found in this thread:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/94/6f/7d/946f7d981e8637330234c0d841e83e72.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

give all the details on your shoulder injury so I can suggest movements that are biomechanically acceptable for you

or suck a dick too that's chill

Sorry for the late reply. And not sure. I believe i have shoulder impingment? It pops whenever i rotate it. Warming up does no good.

Go see a specialized physical therapist or do dumbell press

rotation how,

use this image to explain to me

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/94/6f/7d/946f7d981e8637330234c0d841e83e72.jpg

this is what you get when you don't immobilize your shoulder to let it heal after a dislocation

The movement would be similar to a lateral dumbell raise.

at what point in your bench does the shoulder pop, how long have you been lifting, what did you do to injure it?

I messed up my shoulder by racking the inclince bench press wrong. The left bar fell off the pins and pushed my shoulder all the way down. I've also done shoulder shrugs the wrong way by rotating my shoulders in a circular motion. These injuries only affected my left shoulder. Ive been lifting for 2.5 years. And also on your picture circumduction pops by shoulder the most. Ive used icy hot and ice/heat packs.

it pops when i have lowered the barebell to my chest and when i am pushing it. Only at its lowest point if that makes sense.

this is an imageboard

what Do you mean the bar pushed your shoulder all the way down when you dropped it, also, have you noticed weakness or pain in your shoulder while doing rows, bicep curls, chinups? Do nsaids help reducing the popping, Cold/heat compress helped at all, how long ago was the injury, have you seen a doctor

Peruvian chandelier crafting board*

substitute with OHP

Have not seen a doctor. Honestly the doctor i went to last time for a different injury barely helped. And when i used to do bicep curls it always popped my shoulders. I dont do them anymore. And about the benchpressing the barbell fell behind my head. Imagine me doing an incline press on the picture and the barbell fell beind the right pins.

I do starting strength 5x5. Should i replace the bench press day with ohp? Or just not do any thing on the bench press day.

What are you smoking

yeah nigga you've got serious rotator cuff damage, you bicep tendon is in close proximity to the rotator cuff and is part of the scapulas glenoid, you should fuck off with trying to get stronger for now and focus on recovery. consult a doctor or physical therapist. You're most likely going to have to get injections and if you continue to fuck with it surgery and then permanent weakness for life. Don't be stupid about this.

for now continue to ice/heat compress, taking 800 mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours may help. but seriously you should stop trying to strengthen this area until you've resolved the problem.

>what exercises... give me great results..
recovery ensures the progression of strength. going full retard is going to assure you suffer.

Just weed

Alright i will go see a doctor later and get this sorted.