Deadlifts. I fucking hate them

Deadlifts. I fucking hate them.
I love squatting heavy, I love benching heavy or pressing heavy, but I can never enjoy a session with deadlifts. I have to rest for 3 - 5 minutes between sets, where as i can get away with 2 minutes of rest between sets of heavy squats

What can I do to begin enjoying my deadlift sessions?
Pic related

Imagine you're lifting the car your waifu is trapped under

>sets
>deadlifts
what

>>What can I do to begin enjoying my deadlift sessions?
Just don't do them, they aren't needed for anything

Wait are you not supposed to do multiple sets of deadlifting...?
I like being strong though

Yeah, sets. I do 8 sets in a workout, typically, but only 1 set at 90% and the rest lower.

>Novices assuming other people are novices
I dont know why this annoys me so much, but it does

Lift less weight. Reduce the weight until you can play with it a bit and have fun. If your weights are causing you stress, it's too much wait. It should be releasing endorphins.

>novice doing a low volume routine accusing other people of being novices
what

he was confused why someone would be doing multiple sets of DLs which means he has no experience with programs beyond novice programs that usually only have 1x5

if he thinks op shouldnt do more than 1 set, hes assuming op is a novice just like him

I have this but with squats

I fucking hate them and my legs look good anyway

I am not the novice you were talking too, but I've reached 2pl8 diddly on reg parks beginner routine

should I add more sets?

no, at that weight you should be able to progress on the program as its written. if your not its because of something else youre doing wrong. probably one of the following
>shit form
>not eating enough
>not sleeping enough
>not doing recovery shit
>not trying hard enough
if you get to a point where you cant progress and none of those are limiting factors they you should move on to a different program. dont try and edit the program as you dont know how

>if you get to a point where you cant progress and none of those are limiting factors they you should move on to a different program.
groovy, thanks.

if youre taking that to mean should move on to a different program now and that none of those are limiting factors for you, then you need to be honest with yourself about whether they are or not. unless you are a 50kg woman with the worst genetics in the world, a 2pl8 DL is well below what you should stop at

>if youre taking that to mean should move on
I haven't stopped progressing, I just don't know what rookie numbers are or where they end.

I can relate to that. I know of its importance and I always feel them the next day, but I hate doing them. I love squats and OHP, front squats. Even rowing I enjoy more

to be fair, looks like he was right

Not either of those guys, but I usually do 2-3 sets of DLs on Deadlift day, because if I didn't then I'd feel like I'm wasting my time.

nSuns?

depending on your height, and goals it should be anywhere from
>OHP:1-1.5 pl8
>bench: 1.75-2 pl8
>squat: 3-4 pl8
>DL: 3.5-5 pl8

I hate conventional, switched to sumo and now I love it. Also I switch between regular deadlifts and rack pulls every other back day.

>I hate doing the full lift so I limit the ROM to make it more enjoyable

>walk into gym with ILS
>don't use change room because you're already wearing your squat suit
>leave a trail of wet muddy footprints all the way to squat rack
>unrack some plebian mid-set
>he falls over and dies instantly
>put 1pl8 on the bar and leave it on the platform
>put long socks on
>knee wraps
>oly shoes
>elbow wraps
>headband
>gunnar gamer glasses
>do-rag
>fingerless gloves
>belt up
>wrist straps
>wrist rockets
>then proceed to stretch for 30 mins
>tell people waiting "i just started"
>chug BCAA in shaker, hot mix another BCAA shake, chug that
>finally grab the bar
>1 rep @ 1pl8 warmup
>rack 4pl8 now
>grab bar
>pump it off the ground using arms only a few times
>growl increasingly louder each time
>rip that shit off the ground
>hold Catback for 10s
>straighten out after 15 of the best seconds of your life
>drop bar as quickly as possible
>disappear into thin air for 1h leaving bar racked and all your stuff in the rack
>people wondering if rack still in use
>come back after 1h and do it all again
>mfw the dream

Yep!

>rack
>off the ground

your story is all over the place lad. are you squatting or deadlifting? what does it have to do with the thread?

I stopped making gainz on my deadlift and switched to less volume which helped a lot. I do a 3x3 deadlift with the last set being heavier than the first two. Now I compete in some beginner strongman competitions.

Sigh... I can pull over 200 kg conventional but I just don't like that stance. Conventional is by no means better than sumo you dyel.

This guy's form is atrocious.

You dont do sets? Why not?

>warm up diddy 185x10
>225 x10
>275 x 10
>315 x 5 for 2
>365 x 3 for 2
>385 x 1 for 1 when maxing
>drop to 315 x amrap

Been doing this routine and have significantly increased my diddy. Earlier this year i was struggling with 275. Anything below 315 are just warm up sets for me as i slowly add more weight. Working on 385 so i can get to 405 by end of month

tbf with that low deadlift you can do whatever and make gains.

Does anyone else have a long back and find it impossible to keep it straight during deadlifts even with low weight? No matter what it fucks up my lower back