Is humanity doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over?

Is humanity doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over?

Nah, I don't think we'll let the German state exist this time.

Yes, all you can do is try to be on the side that wins or fuck over the idealists and useful idiots for personal gain

Only if we don't teach them their history.

Yes, and not because of "muh Drumpf" but just humans in general. Talk is all cheap. Not to get /pol/ish here but talk is cheap, you can easily say, "I'm tolerant, I'm liberal, I believe in human rights" but that's just bullshit cheap talk. Anyone can say that shit but then they'll be willing put that all aside when they feel like the other is a threat or they are the epitome of evil. So yes, humanity is doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

The nature of man is unchanging, so yes.

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.

/thread

I do agree with everyone here, war will always exist and humans are deeply unchangable. But we can tend to be less barbaric by prohibiting torture and rape during wars with the geneva convention for instance. I know nobody gives a shit about it and even the US don't respect it but it's a good thing nonetheless. Moreover, groups like the UN and the European Union prevented World Wars since WWII and I do believe EU is a good thing. Even if it's shitty to get to a consensus and to make everyone agree during summits, it's nice to be part of a big union as an european. When I traveled to belgium, germany or even Poland I felt like I was in a friend's country because were all part of something great and big.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

This, if you believe in equality and tolerence why are you consuming products containing conflict minerals, why are you perfectly ok with goods produced by exploiting Africa's pressoirces and poeples, the truth is nothing will ever change because poeples dont give a shit, they just toss a couple bucks for good conscience and let the economies of thoose countries live of international aid instead of developping.

I find every photos depicting our Poilus heartbtreaking :(

*photo (REEEEEEEEE)

Of course they're heartbreaking, these people were like 16-25yo and were shoved to death. Even small moments of joy were quickly replaced by the horrors of WWI

War isn't a mistake. Human tribal feelings and violence are very real, and certainly exist to serve a evolutionary purpose that we may be unable to fully grasp right now.

I bet that you would find great pleasure in slaugthering your enemies in an escalation of violence situation, OP. Not even feeling the "necessary evil" story, but feeling genuine, intense pleasure in doing so

But it seems like we're not doing a very good job at it, what with all the /pol/tards and hoteps running around.

kek

No. The world is ran by pussies nowadays. But what that, you'll find more peace until some goat fucker in the mittle eest gets cocky and Israel nukes em

The only way to break this cycle is to destroy the German nation and its people

Define "mistake".

Its fun up to the point of war, otherwise youre right.

There are many components to this belonging, Austria-Hungary didnt fare out that well.

If the jews are still around, we'll of course.

People have been getting consistently nicer for a while now

Yes, all the lessons recently history teaches are confined to obscure books only read by nerds within 3 generations and hence we tend to make the same mistakes at such intervals

This is so sad :(

The jew will be wiped out completely, do the start a war again kike this time your people be thrown in the oven alive.

And now they're all cucked and weak, just pathetic all around.

at least until all the boomers die yes

>wh*Tes are this delusional

Yes

As long as the lessons are not learned or ignored, it will repeat it. The causes of war are human inequality. Inability to address this or failure to redress this problem will cause wars.

>This, if you believe in equality and tolerence why are you consuming products containing conflict minerals, why are you perfectly ok with goods produced by exploiting Africa's pressoirces and poeples,

Because people who's ways of thinking haven't been poisoned by this website and places like it understand that life is not black and white and almost everything has a sliding scale and context.

You can believe that man-made pollution is bad while still driving a car, because in real life driving a car is so essential for many to maintain their existence that they can't give it up. So someone who is anti MMP might still drive cars but compensate for their pollution by cleaning up beaches on the weekend or riding a bike on spare the air days, voting for pollution regulation laws etc.

All-or-Nothing mentalities are dumb, hence why the term "extremism".

This. People don't see war as a mistake. If war happens its because someone wanted it.

When will we ever learn...

DA JOOOODS