Well fit, which is better, flat bench, incline bench, or decline bench

well fit, which is better, flat bench, incline bench, or decline bench

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q5sNYB1Q6aM
bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-mark4.htm
hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/sexy-beach-premium-resort-mods/418066-sbx-uncensor-v1-4b-23-06-2016/page7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a healthy mix of all for well rounded pecs and shoulders

i only do incline

Probably incline, definitely the least cheesy.

Just do flat and incline

Decline bench is for fuckboys.

>tfw the decline bench at my gym is literally just gathering dust on it

just do flat, incline, and weighted dips.

or just do weighted dips

dips>incline>flat

Benching is fucking normie tier.

I only squat and deadlift.

this.

incline bench

dumbbell press.

Squatting and deadlifting is fucking normie tier.

I only do jefferson squats, hack deadlifts and kneeling military press

Better for what?

If for competing, then obviously flat.

What do you mean cheesy?

>decline bench
bench anyway

Decline with dumbbells, my chest blew up from that and is stronger than flat or incline.

overhead bench

Incline feels better so I started doing that primarily once I stopped caring about e-statting. Will have to try adding decline since some anons here seem crazy about it

just do weighted dips, decline bench is garbo

Plebian: Flat
Comtrarian: Decline
Patrician: Incline

Flat bench press actually puts your shoulders in the most awkward position. This is why you arch your back while doing flat bench, to make it more like a decline bench press. Decline bench press is safest for the shoulders and actually the best variant. Incline bench is okay.

weighted dips

Definitely try it. It's the safest one for your shoulders, and IMO you can even lift more weight that way.
Ignore this guy. Dips fuck up your shoulders and your sternum. One of the most dangerous exercises especially if you lack mobility.

have fun with your disproportionate looking chest

>not doing jeffersons, hack squats, and z presses

Eric?

maybe

I only do dips. My shouders never felt better.
Dpis are the way. Period.

>(weighted) dips

This. Decline is unnecessary and has the highest risk of fatality if you fuck up. Just do weighted dips if you want a downward push.

Ignore this guy dips will only do that if your form is shit and if you are a pansy. Search up proper form and do them.

Tell me, have you ever seen an over developed upper-chest

i mean

everyone knows that dips are important as fuck. and its a professional approach to lifting unlike squats and oats, which might be correlateable with the pic related, and its obviously shitpost bait, but, how retarded might be a person to open a thread like this. is this, fun? did yo think, aha i have a funny idea for a thread! do you consider yourself smart? what is your place on social hierarchy? how old are you? what major are you studying? dont tell me you are not collage age, older or younger both would be devastating for different reasons. did you consider suicide? im waiting.

decline bench is a literal meme lift.

incline bench is snap city for your shouldys.

flat bench is best bench.

that's hot

not true, I was doing weighted dips with good form but still experienced sternum pain, shoulders were completely fine though
it's something about that area not finishing growing until like guys are 25 years old

You got everything wrong. Flat bench is a meme ego lift that's the most dangerous for your shoulders, which is why people do the arch to protect their shoulders and make the lift more similar to the decline bench, but why do that when you can just do decline bench? Also, incline is safe if you properly retract your scapula, I'd say its safer for your shoulders than flat bench.

How can you not realize that the movement itself is unnatural as fuck? Which part of this position looks natural to you?

>collage age

You're here forever faggot

How clueless do you need to be to think this looks safe for your shoulders or your sternum?

Flat overall is better, switch between barbell and dumbbell for range of motion and work on stabilizers. But you should be doing dips and ohp as well on the side for even development. Dips with good form replacing decline working long/lateral head and ohp works upper pectoralis major and also your anterior and lateral deltoids. Any issues with retracting your scapula are replicated on shit like incline so just stick to flat and keep your elbows where they need to be not out at like 90 degrees. People who stick to only decline get this weird flat pectoral up top and fat muscles on the bottom of their pecs.

how much of a weak pussy brittle boned bitch do u have to be to snap ur shit up from dips

some people are just injury prone m8, not all

Humans are meant to be able to handle pushing significant weight in the vertical plane usually, lifting an object overhead and pushing themselves up onto something. A horizontal pressing motion that is natural would derive most of it's force from the legs while standing and is not in any way strenuous while laying face down. Heavy/autistically high rep submaximal horizontal presses are much less natural than vertical presses.

t. Somebody who routinely does heavy flat bench

Bench press is by definition a vertical press. However, I understand what you tried to express in your own autistic way. Saying that a vertical press is natural is retarded without going into specifics. Behind the neck presses and dips are dangerous and unnatural because of the position of your limbs and the pressure they put on your joints. Have fun doing dips, maybe you're one of the lucky people who don't get injured doing stupid shit.

dips are safe as long as you dont past the 90° shoulder position

I don't think dips are dangerous but my collar bones / shoulders always hurt after I'm done with them

Why keep doing them then? There are so many safe chest and triceps exercises.

I was fine doing dips then all of a sudden during one workout they were fucking up hard the center of my chest. Taking a 2 week break from them. Idk why they started to hurt all of the sudden. Think it may have had to do with simultaneous increase/plateau in my bench and body weight.

It's called the sternum and sternum injuries are pretty common among people who perform dips. If you're prone to them I advise you to stop doing dips altogether. Dips aren't necessary to have a big and strong chest.

Okay so a bent over row is a vertical pull now? It's in relation to your body not the earth.

You clearly have never climbed a tree or cliff. Guess what our bodies evolved to do?

the pain dies off after a minute, it hurts for a while but it's a mere inconvenience.

Dips are extremely effective for me at least, and I also make rapid gains with them. Couldn't do a single dip 2 months ago, now I can pull off 10.

Please show me a clip of someone performing the dip when climbing a tree or a cliff. The movements are different. Even subtle differences in the position of your limbs in relation to your body can decide whether or not an exercise is dangerous or not (i.e. thumb placement in side lat raises is the deciding factor whether or not youre impinging your shoulder

How much do you weight ?

I hope you stay healthy then. Just remember that if you injure your shoulders or sternum, dips are probably the culprit.

>thumb placement in side lat raises is the deciding factor whether or not youre impinging your shoulder

Explain please, never heard of that

I'm not going to scour the internet for a clip of somebody climbing for you. I've pulled myself into ledges between a crevice or up between branches and the movement was a dip movement. I suppose you think muscle ups are dangerous too.

youtube.com/watch?v=q5sNYB1Q6aM
This video does a pretty good job at explaining it. Basically, if your thumb is facing downwards at any point during the lift it could cause shoulder injury.

I was literally climbing v3/v4 difficulty boulders two weeks ago. Topping out while climbing is essentially a dip, and plenty of holds require essentially muscle ups, which include a dip in the range of motion.

I also grapple extensively, and the dip is one of the most functional motions for displacing someone attempting to pin or submit me. It gives you excellent tricep strength, as well as a full range of motion in the chest and anterior deltoid.

If you have shit mobility from only doing flat bench and other bro tier exercises, you will fuck your shit up doing dips, if you have healthy mobile shoulders from sport, you will be fine.

My weighted dip is currently at 115 pounds, and my weighted chinup is at 100.

A well rounded physique can be formed around pullups, dips, and squats.

Saying something is dangerous, despite it working well within the range of motion the shoulders have is ridiculous.

This. I never get shoulder pain doing decline/incline, only flat - even when retracting my scapula.

Whats your bench max ?

OP here. Normally i'm the faggot, but today, youre a faggot

In the muscle up your arms are in front of you, in the dip your arms are behind you. That's a huge difference.
>healthy mobile shoulders from sport
Yeah. like swimming, tennis, wrestling that are the most common causes of shoulder injuries?
>Saying something is dangerous, despite it working well within the range of motion the shoulders have is ridiculous.
I'm saying theyre ridiculous because there are countless people who injured themselves doing them despite perfect form. Why do them when there are perfectly safe exercises that do the same job? Most of the things you described aren't the same movement as dips anyway because they involve having your arms in a different position in relation to your body than what you do in the gym for reps.

this

>not doing barbell flys, decline dumbell deadlifts, lumbar squats, skateboard benchpress

ishggydggy

OHP and Incline if you want to just look good.
the rest will get you tits

whenever i do flat bench i cant feel anything in my chest and my clavicles feel like they are literally going to snap in half

incline bench gets a nice burn in my chest with no clavicle pain

incline > flat

I did all three today as well as dips and floor press. I'd normally finish with some incline dumbbell flyes and skullcrushers, but my shoulders weren't feeling good.

IMO, the key to decline bench is doing it with dumbbells. That or you NEED a spotter if you don't want to kill yourself.

sauce plz

source on this?

for hitting your chest, decline dumbell press

CHEST
Decline dumbbell bench press - 93%
Incline dumbbell press - 91%
Decline bench press - 89%
Flat dumbbell bench press - 87%
Flat barbell bench press - 85%

bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-mark4.htm

t. someone with trash shoulder mobility

A bit of googling based on the displayed text got me the following dead link: hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/sexy-beach-premium-resort-mods/418066-sbx-uncensor-v1-4b-23-06-2016/page7

Looked for Sexy Beach Premium Resort, and that looks like it, based on some Youtube play footage.

Tell me what part if this looks natural? When have you ever seen someone curling something outside a gym?

Fucking retard. Almost no gym movement is natural the body isn't some plastic toy designed for a specific purpose.

You will crack your sternum if you keep going.

lifting career = over

t. dyel talking out of his ass

Most people are not to do weighted dips, that being said if you are able to do them then you definitely should, but if you get sharp sternum pains you should stop before you get fucked up permanently.

>t. I did my googles instead of being a retard

not built*

It's honey select

I personally do not like bench press but I still do em every week. Incline>Flat>decline

Yes. Looks like a cone

>When have you ever seen someone curling something outside a gym?

Every time I eat. I'm curling the fork to my mouth.

incline dumbbell press is where the gains are at.

farmers curl hay bales n shit when they get them up to throw them on the back of their truck

>not curling your gf to show dominance

I do 3x6 Incline Barbell, 4x6 Incline DB, 3x10 Incline Flies

and 3x6 flat bench.

Mostly focused on the incline

Every time you pick something up from a table, pick your nose, scratch your head, wash your hair, eat, drink, etc.
Your shoulders joints are not meant to receive so much pressure with your arms bent at a 90 degrees angle behind you. Same goes for your sternum, it's not meant to receive so much pressure with your chest stretched out so much. Some people do stupid shit like impingmenet rows, catback DLs, buttwink squats, side lat raises with impingement form and never get injured. Doesn't mean that shit isn't dangerous and shouldn't be avoided because there are many safe exercises that work the same muscles.

>need a spotter for decline
Not really. Unless you have one of those weird decline benches with something holding your legs in place and a huge angle of the bench. If you do, you can make a decline bench out of a flat bench but putting a step under a flat bench like pic related. It's pretty safe and I've been doing it for almost 2 years. You can perform the roll of shame on that setup pretty easily too, I failed reps with 240 and 200 lbs safely without a spotter on that setup. I believe the bench angle shouldn't be too big anyway, something between 15-30 degrees.

Flat

You're a pussy, just develop decent shoulder mobility, reduce the ROM if you have to, they're a great exercise.

I'm starting to think anti-dippers are just scared people will catch on to THE exercise for chest and others will start to dwarf them

Farmer here, we use a motion muc closer to a clean jerk and press than a curl, hay is too heavy to curl when you're moving hundreds of bales

You're retarded. Why would I do a potentially dangerous exercise if there are many safer and equally good alternatives? Do you need to perform ego lifts to feel better about yourself?

skrrt

I work in a supermarket. I often carry things with my biceps you twat