Why the fuck you need to warm up before a intensive workout ?

Why the fuck you need to warm up before a intensive workout ?

I always felt this as a big waste of time and energy, im tired of discussing people because they feel its important whereas i feel like its so gay

If i wanted to go heavy or intense i would always do it being cold i didnt give a fuck

Also i dont believe not warming up leads into injuries

What are your thoughts ?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3849057
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18027995
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4447757/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12629458
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21544000https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22692116
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigger you're retarded

Why ? Tell me please

My muscles shake on their first sets. I warm-up for stability on my normal lifts.

I think a good lightweight warm up to get your muscles going is good, but I never have and never will stretch before doing any exercise. I think it preps your muscles for a heavier workload compared to going in cold.

Welcome to Snap City
>home of wheelchairs and back braces

Why would you warm up for stability ?

How a warm up would affect stability possitively?

define "warm up"

if you're lifting heavy you should definitely start with some warm up sets of lighter weights before starting working weight

I know in my case my warm up weights sometimes feel like my form is off a bit so they give me a chance to get really comfortable with the movement again before actually doing the lift

But why not going cold in one and yolo ?

Wait till your max is more than 1pl8, noob.

Oh i got it

But still

Wouldnt it be better to start off heavy ?have you ever tried it ?

I litterally said my muscles shake on their first sets. I do warm-up sets to push out the shakes, and therefore , am more stable after Shaked are gone

I think it reduces the chance of a pulled muscle or a cramp. I don't do a shit load of warming up either, but I'll use the bar for about 15 reps, do a set at half weight, and then use my working weight.

If i warm up for deads or something like that, i usually don't warm up for other shit like rows.

idk why you're pretending to be this retarded but i'll bite because i'm bored

no because as I said lighter weights allows you to focus on the actual movement as opposed to how much weight you're lifting

Don't do warm up for squats and go heavy imidiatelly:
>form is shaky, cant call it perfect rep
>knees make cracking noise
>at one point left knee hurt as fuck
>miss last rep

Do warm up:
>perfect form after few light reps, nothing is lost
>knees do their cracking at light weight and no pain is felt
>get used to weight and don't miss out any reps

I would ever trained anything similar to Brazilian jiu-jitsu you would know how fucked up your joints get if you do stuff cold

But at the same time, why would I care if you don't wanna warm up. Do whatever the fuck you want.

Have you even been lifting for at least one week? You're going to hurt yourself and not be as effective at your lifts if you approach it like this.

Stretching and warming up with some light lifts will get your blood flowing and increase your mobility a ton, which will help your stability and range of motion.

If you go in cold you'll be stiff and too tight. Doing a a good number of lightweight reps of the lift you're about to do will also help you mentally prepare for it before you have to do it with heavy weight.

I got you

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence

This whole thread is anecdotal

Yea you are right about that

Why jiu jitsu would fuck your jointa if cold ?

What if you suddenly get into a strereet fight ? How you warm up there ?

The question wasn't. The question was "Why do it?"

Why anecdotal thread ?

just wait until you're a little bit older, then you will understand.

Men you are good at pretending to be retarded, i am out of here

Some of you are confusing the OP with some random nigga comenting as well

>MUH ANECDOTES

shut the fuck up you stupid piece of shit

>today I took a shit, therefore human beings defecate
>anecdotal evidence is not evidence

this is how retarded you sound

video of your workout, now

The max I do is just OHP 20 lb five times, then move onto my OHP part of the routine

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3849057
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18027995
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4447757/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12629458
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21544000https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22692116

What warm up should I do for babby weight lifts, like a 1pl8 deadlift?

You know how every single televised pro sports game shows the athletes warming up before the game starts? Yeah who knows why the fuck they do that...

you'll understand when you pull a muscle but by then it'll be too late.

Yes OP is right, never do warmups and just go straight to that bench and max that bitch up.

Then you go do some bicep curls with dem dumbbells, 3 sets of 2 bench, and 3 sets of 12 curls. then we hit mcdonalds..

I can already see my gains.

There are people that don't do some form of that warm up? I do the bare minimum of 1-2 sets of increasing weight up to my working weight. I really should incorporate stretches.

Op has been going gym for 1 month and actually trained 5 times, right?

Either you are skinny fat teenager, since you say;

>I always felt this as a big waste of time and energy

or lazy fatboi who thinks he is chad. How the fuck you waste energy on warmup you fat chubby chubchub. It warm ups your muscles, strengthens your blood flow, makes your body ready for the work out. Holy shit chubby McChubbersson, please tell me your day 1 workout, please I beg you. Also tell me what you eat at Day 1.

I hope you are so arrogant that all the advice;

What has been given to you, but you don't listen cos you think its ("waste" "of" "energy"), that you ignore it and do what ever you want, you seem like the kinda guy who doesn't listen because you think you know it all.

Don't stretch, see what happens.